Softball Players Wanted In Pattaya, Every Sunday

scrabbleking

The Pattaya Sports Club softball group is always looking for new players and welcomes everybody regardless of age, skill level, experience or time away from the game. We play slow pitch recreational pick ups games every Sunday at 12 noon and finish about 3PM, show up a bit early to warm up, and get your name on the lineup. We have some spare gloves and all the other equipment needed to play. We charge 40bt to play which covers field maintenance, bats and balls, ice and all the free water you can drink, other beverages are available at reasonable prices, spectators always welcome as well. So come on out and give it a try!

To find the softball field, go south on Sukumvit, 800 meters past Theppasit Road (that is the intersection by the Outlet Mall), turn left off of Sukumvit onto soi 87, go 4.3 Km, turn left on soi 15, after 600 meters the softball field is on the left.

post-54412-0-04022100-1320546788_thumb.j

Sounds like fun (once we make the move). Can I ask what size balls are used (12")?

Is this fast-pitch...and If not, is there a ceiling (12'?) for pitches, with a strike zone, or is it more like "mountain ball", where the pitcher lobs the ball as rediculously high as possible (looking to land the ball on a mat at the back of the plate)?

Is sliding allowed?

9 or 10 players on Defense? Yes, I have played in leagues where they used 10 men. The 10th, referred to as a "rover" would often create a 4th outfielder position. Other times the rover just sorta' hangs around the middle, behind the bags and before the outfield. Less exciting but better for the over 40 crowd.

All fun regardless of the above answers, though I for one, would not be interested in playing with those 14" raised-seam balls. The arm hurts just thinking about it!

Like many American males, I have been around this game for a lifetime (playing, coaching, etc). I wish you well with your league and my assistance (in any capacity) will be yours for the asking.

Jones

• 1 month later...

Sounds like fun (once we make the move). Can I ask what size balls are used (12")?

I believe we use 12" balls

Is this fast-pitch...and If not, is there a ceiling (12'?) for pitches, with a strike zone, or is it more like "mountain ball", where the pitcher lobs the ball as rediculously high as possible (looking to land the ball on a mat at the back of the plate)?

We do play slow pitch softball with unlimited arc. Though at times you might get the odd sky ball but this is sure not the common. Depending on level and pitch count you might see a bit more of it. We do play with a strike mat to prevent any issues with strike or ball calls.

Is sliding allowed?

Sliding is allowed but contact with the base players should be avoided at all times. The quality of the field will make sure though that sliding is not the best practise to do as the field tends to be hard and dry.

9 or 10 players on Defense? Yes, I have played in leagues where they used 10 men. The 10th, referred to as a "rover" would often create a 4th outfielder position. Other times the rover just sorta' hangs around the middle, behind the bags and before the outfield. Less exciting but better for the over 40 crowd.

We do play with 10 fielders and depending on what the team tactics you play with 4 outfielders (most common with us) or a 5th infielder.

All fun regardless of the above answers, though I for one, would not be interested in playing with those 14" raised-seam balls. The arm hurts just thinking about it!

so as play with the 12" balls we will be welcoming you for sure playing with us real soon.

Like many American males, I have been around this game for a lifetime (playing, coaching, etc). I wish you well with your league and my assistance (in any capacity) will be yours for the asking.

All the help you could offer will be well appreciated

Jones

You would have a better chance getting players if you changed the start time... both of the well-attended Sunday expat meetings in Pattaya finish @ 12pm

People can come any time between 12 and 3pm.

we start to gather at 12.00pm and we start setting teams so first game starts about 12.30pm.

there is always a second game. so if held up you can still join us later.

You would have a better chance getting players if you changed the start time... both of the well-attended Sunday expat meetings in Pattaya finish @ 12pm

we start to gather at 12.00pm and we start setting teams so first game starts about 12.30pm.

I would think you would get a better turnout if you started at 9 am or 4 pm rather than during the heat of the mid-day sun.

I would think you would get a better turnout if you started at 9 am or 4 pm rather than during the heat of the mid-day sun.

Are there any people awake on Sundays in Pattaya at 9.00am???

And at 16.00pm with the sun going down at 18.00pm would not leave us any time to play? Unfortunately we are not that rich which could bring me to the next question any sponsor to pay for a lighting system would be very welcome.

And what would be the temperature difference be between 12.00 and 16.00pm??? Very hot to a little less very hot still?

Edited by Dirk_brijs

Are there any people awake on Sundays in Pattaya at 9.00am???

And at 16.00pm with the sun going down at 18.00pm would not leave us any time to play? Unfortunately we are not that rich which could bring me to the next question any sponsor to pay for a lighting system would be very welcome.

And what would be the temperature difference be between 12.00 and 16.00pm??? Very hot to a little less very hot still?

Most people I know take naps between noon and 3 pm and there are lots of people up and about on Sunday mornings ;)