State Railway Site Messed Up Bookings

Chutney

Given my arrival on 16Nov and no insurance cover to enter Bangkok itself at that time I used the state railway ticket purchase site to book various trains for December.

2 were OK. 2 others for 2 people are completely wrong but the payment was taken according to the correct journeys shown.

However when the tickets came up for print off they are wrong.

The tickets are in one case for much further down the line ( not such a deal if we can get off where we need to just been charged a bit more) but the other is for the day 'after' I booked which will mean I miss my flight home from Bangkok.

Getting that changed is priority.

I realise the system is under enormous strain and if it wasn't for the expense. About £110.00 in total I'd just write it off but what I need to do is change them.

Can't do that till I'm in Thailand.

From what I can read everywhere it has to be changed at point of departure.

Stuffed for Hualamphong as I've changed booking to hotel near airport to just fly up to CM on flight I grabbed for 3 days after arrival as travel insurance won't cover me in Bangkok itself.

Does anyone know if it's possible ( which seems to be suggested) to change tickets at any large station ( not the one the ticket is going from) which has the electronic ticketing system please? if so does Chiang Mai have it? Have spent 2 days searching but no clear info.

No answer to any phone calls and the emergency hotline not operational from UK just in Thailand.

Don't want to bother people struggling with the situation in BKK with this so hope I can find some help on CM board. Many thanks for any help.