Evacuation

I think it seems likely that I shall have to abandon ship in the face of the floods. The last notice I saw at immigration when I renewed my Retirement extension was that exit visas were no longer available at Sawanapum. Does any one know if this is so? it will be a pain if I have to lose my extension.

Seems the re-entry permit desk at the airport is open again, but service only available between 06:00 and 24:00!

Best is to go to the temporary office at Suan plu with all docuemnts and photo and copies for a re-entry permit. Better safe than sorry.

Seems the re-entry permit desk at the airport is open again, but service only available between 06:00 and 24:00!

Best is to go to the temporary office at Suan plu with all docuemnts and photo and copies for a re-entry permit. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks. When I wade out it will be for the airport., getting an exit visa is a bonus, I shall try to do it with the documents that anybody would have when they leave the country.

Thanks. When I wade out it will be for the airport., getting an exit visa is a bonus, I shall try to do it with the documents that anybody would have when they leave the country.

Just to be clear, it's a RE-ENTRY PERMIT, not an "exit visa".

Mac

Mac

I do try hard to get the terminology correct, but sometimes have lapses.jap.gif

tgeezer, why abandon "ship"? 70% of the "ship" is above the water-level!

That is very true, including this house for the moment, but can't stand living out of a suitcase, I come for five months and I have a return ticket, so I may as well use it early and try an English winter for a change. It will mean Christmas in England which I haven't done for a while. If calmed down I shall come back in Jan, that will be double air-miles this year!

For the advice about availability of re-entry Thanks, Mario, I have downloaded the form and filled it out with Phot. Hope that is enough.

The re-entry permit was still going on 23 Oct when I was there...

Although it seemed to be moving very slowly, I was waitining in Immigration line for aprox 20 min and I only saw one person move through the re-entry permit queue, there were about 15 others still waiting in line... So would leave your self plenty of time at the airport.

But since you mentioned that you normally only do 5 months in Thailand ... Nov - Mar? If so, you could still make Jan-Mar with a tourist visa (60 days) and 30 day extension if any problems with getting a re-entry permit. .

Mac

I do try hard to get the terminology correct, but sometimes have lapses.jap.gif

It's an important difference in philosophy: Unlike maybe other countries, you do not need a visa to exit the country. You can leave whenever you want.

However, if you want your status kept when you come back, you need the re-entry permit in your passport unopn return. It's for coming back, not for leaving the country.

Does that make sense?