Question About Air Asia And Bangkok Airways

wellred

i've got a few flights booked via Air Asia and Bangkok Airways to Krabi and Koh Samui respectively. I may once I get to BKK decide to take some lady company with me, the idea being I may try get them on the same flight as me or a different flight close to mine. I noticed on both sites that it's stated that in instances where payment is made via credit or debit card that the card holder is on the itinerary. If this is the case am I going to have trouble trying to simply book her a later flight but using my debit card? Not sure what to do but want to know what my options are. Should i just find a travel agency and pay by cash? I don't mind doing that but will I get as good a deal as id find either with Air Asia and Bangkok Airways?

Thanks

For sure with Bankok Airways the card holder HAS to travel with the party. This is a pain :blink:

Once in Bangkok take cash to the ticket office or an agent.

In my experience the BKK Air ticket office sometimes 'lie' about cheap seat availablity. They say that there is nothing available at that price, but if you pull out the laptop - there is. It is all about getting punters to pay more.:(

Anyway - have fun on Samui. (I cannot speak about Krabi.)

airasia doesnt need the card holder to be in the same flight you just pay with your credit card through 3d secure system and give your girlfriend the reference number that is all she need. i have booked many flights for my wife. we dont have any problem before

Yep it turns out you can add friends and family to your profile and just select them as guests. Looks like ill have to pay the Koh Samui flight in cash, no biggie.

As far as the Thai ID cards go, are there any rules similar to passports needing to be valid for x months from date of flying ect...?