Car Financing

Your retirement Visa (extension of stay) means nothing to the dealer, you must have a Thai to guarantee the loan

your visa is of no interest to the financecompany

your cash flow in Thai bank account is. and some like to see a workpermit.

if your finances are good, you do not need a Thai to guarantee. to avoid Thai guarantor, cars usually require 25% down and 4x4 pickup/suv usually 40%, for first time buyers/loaners

as you have had some cars financed and always paid on time, you can be approved for zero down without Thai guarantor

Your retirement Visa (extension of stay) means nothing to the dealer, you must have a Thai to guarantee the loan

your visa is of no interest to the financecompany

your cash flow in Thai bank account is. and some like to see a workpermit.

if your finances are good, you do not need a Thai to guarantee. to avoid Thai guarantor, cars usually require 25% down and 4x4 pickup/suv usually 40%, for first time buyers/loaners

as you have had some cars financed and always paid on time, you can be approved for zero down without Thai guarantor

Exactly right, I am currently financing (4 year) my vehicle, with no Thai guarantor. I put 44% down. I also have a Retirement type visa. They do seem more receptive to a person that is working, but a retirement visa is fine. Edit : SUV with 2 years to go on the note.

Edited by rucus7