How Much For A Thai Will?

Anyone got any idea whata fair price would be to get a Mirror Thai will, one for my partner and one for me (both from the UK) basically just leaving all of our Thai assets to each other if the worse should happen. I have had some very expensive quotes from Thai lawyers what's the going rate? And do you need one anyway?

Thanks

Edited by daveb1

I dont see any reason why you cant do it yourself and save the money. Get the words right, keep it simple. Date it, sign it with 2 witnesses to see you sign it. I presume that will be in English? Do you then need to translate it?

I have always done my own in the UK and I will do my own here.

Choose your worsd carefully so that there can be no doubt about your wishes.

Right now mine would be something like this. This is the last will of >>>>>>>>>>, dated this day>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

All my assets and possession in Thailand I leave to>>>>>>>>>

You may want to list your assets on a seperate sheet, then get 2 people, who are younger than you but who you know to witness " that is my last will, I happy with whats contained in it and I would like you 2 to sign to that affect and that this is my signature.

Simple, legal and to the point.

UK and Thailand requires you have to signatures to witness and also they must not have any benefits from the estate.

I dont see any reason why you cant do it yourself and save the money. Get the words right, keep it simple. Date it, sign it with 2 witnesses to see you sign it. I presume that will be in English? Do you then need to translate it?

Right now mine would be something like this. This is the last will of >>>>>>>>>>, dated this day>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You may want to list your assets on a seperate sheet, then get 2 people, who are younger than you but who you know to witness " that is my last will, I happy with whats contained in it and I would like you 2 to sign to that affect and that this is my signature.

UK and Thailand requires you have to signatures to witness and also they must not have any benefits from the estate.

So you are competent enough to understand that one of your Wills may negate the other ?

You are smart enough to understand that you cannot leave your assets to anyone you like but have to be mindful of the provisions of the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependents) Act 1975 ?

So you are competent enough to understand that one of your Wills may negate the other ?

You are smart enough to understand that you cannot leave your assets to anyone you like but have to be mindful of the provisions of the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependents) Act 1975 ?

Yes I am its my will and I understand what is involved. I have been writing binding contracts 50 years. You can do it yourself if you want to, I do. If you dont feel competent then go and pay for a solicitor, simple as that.