norh east

number 9 road going north towards ransit toll just got closed

i went home this afternoon , all traffic having to come off at lam luk ka

traffic is terrible

ps ok for me on the super scooter,

now back at work and will report tonight

thanks scott for your updates, its a big help

regards mag

Does anyone know about the situation just north of the Big Bag barricade? Anyone close enough to tell for sure whether waterlevel is rising (how much), stable, or falling (how much) ?

From Dr. Seree's presentation last night @8:40 PM on Thai PBS, it's falling 2-3 cm/day north of the BBB (line of MSL readings along top of attach., most recent on left), with a total (east/west) of 7.22 x 106 m3 (large white figures at top [how did he arrive at those numbers?]) to come down. There were many more details given in the presentation, but the focus was below and regarding the north/south-running BBB, not to the north of it.

The BBB is the dark red horizontal/vertical line passing eastward through the South Premprachakorn water gate and going south from there.

I watched that broadcast last night and a replay again today (available at http://www3.thaipbs.or.th/flood54/preview.asp?newsid=C0001883). What Dr Seri said (toward the end of the broadcast) was confusing ay best. What he seemed to say was that the water levels inside the BBB were falling and water levels inside the khlongs outside the BBB were falling, but water levels outside the khlongs and outside the BBB would rise about 4 cm/day. He predicted the water from outside would overflow the BBB in 7 days. Whatever, I think the prediction of overflowing the BBB in 7 days was clear.

news flash

norh east

traffic is terrible

Thanks for the update Scott, how about the traffic coming down from Bang Pa In

still going??? Sorry for leaning on you so much....your efforts are very much appreciated :jap: :jap:

Does anyone know about the situation just north of the Big Bag barricade? Anyone close enough to tell for sure whether waterlevel is rising (how much), stable, or falling (how much) ?

From Dr. Seree's presentation last night @8:40 PM on Thai PBS, it's falling 2-3 cm/day north of the BBB (line of MSL readings along top of attach., most recent on left), with a total (east/west) of 7.22 x 106 m3 (large white figures at top [how did he arrive at those numbers?]) to come down. There were many more details given in the presentation, but the focus was below and regarding the north/south-running BBB, not to the north of it.

The BBB is the dark red horizontal/vertical line passing eastward through the South Premprachakorn water gate and going south from there.

I watched that broadcast last night and a replay again today (available at http://www3.thaipbs.or.th/flood54/preview.asp?newsid=C0001883). What Dr Seri said (toward the end of the broadcast) was confusing ay best. What he seemed to say was that the water levels inside the BBB were falling and water levels inside the khlongs outside the BBB were falling, but water levels outside the khlongs and outside the BBB would rise about 4 cm/day. He predicted the water from outside would overflow the BBB in 7 days. Whatever, I think the prediction of overflowing the BBB in 7 days was clear.

Yes, I also saw that broadcast and understood in in the same way as you. I find it a bit crucial to get intelligence whether or not the flood is building up as Dr. Seri says, because if that's the case it is too soon for people in Don Muang and the "Phahon Yothin corridor" to put down their guards just because they now see a stabilisation and even bettering of the flood situation. Assumed a lower flood level propagates with about same speed as a higher floodlevel, it would be about these days that the effect of putting up that Big Bag barrier reaches Lad Prao / Chatuchak / Sutthisan and it should be obvious that the effect of blocking large portions of the branch of the northern runoff that was heading down that corridor, will have a relieving effect - the question is how temporary is that relief.

Sorry, a bit off topic but I think its worth while to keep this in mind when contemplating reports from the inner Bangkok area over the next days / week(s).

Edited by satiariyan

news flash

norh east

traffic is terrible

Thanks for the update Scott, how about the traffic coming down from Bang Pa In

still going??? Sorry for leaning on you so much....your efforts are very much appreciated :jap: :jap:

hi jumbo

traffic going south was fine , small cars trucks and of course scooters now,

i travel my route every day,the motorway going on to ransit toll is sometimes ok , sometimes not ok, i hope they get it sorted soon, for the love of god,

For those living in banchalong:

I just drove up Soi Watseewarinoi to Lat Krabang road and did a bit of a tour around there. You cross 5 Khlongs on Soi watseewarinoi and the Airport flood barrier/dyke. While Soi watsee is still dry and I saw a JCB on a barge dredging the khlongs, the water level in all Khlongs is high, whearas the dyke around Suvarnabhumi seems quite low. There is water coming out of drains along Lat Krabang road and some of the smaller soi's on the north side (which slope away to the north) seem to have 30-50cm water in them. As the area around banchalong seems quite sodden I fear that things will start to get much worse here over the next few days.

Edited by Seismic

THen it will happen with the higher tides... nice.. it will only make it worse.

THen it will happen with the higher tides... nice.. it will only make it worse.

This is my assessment too, here in Don Muang the water is going down at half the rate at which it rose, an inch a day as opposed to going up two inches. I fear that the BBB will only exacerbate the situation when the high time comes, on 14th, according to Dr Seri with have only had 33% of the run off.

I am travelling from the airport to Pattaya, are the roads clear?

Yes, all clear. Take Hwy 7 and enjoy the trip, if you did not previously know there where floods in Bangkok you would never be the wiser after making this drive. There are some spots of construction along the way that will present some backed up traffic depending on what time of day you go.

:whistling:

Probably should have reported this earlier...but it's been a hectic day.

Here in Soi 42 Ladorakhao Road the floodwater is gone today from the whole soi.

Still water on the main Ladprakhao Road but definately lower. Even rear of soi, where two days ago there was thigh high water is dry today.

This started yesterday. Don't know where it went but definately a lot of water went away (somewhere) last night.

As I said before, however, my location here is 10 to 20 cm. higher than Ladprakhao Road. That's making a big difference here in my soi.

I wouldn't be surprised if within 48 hours at the most, a lot of Ladprakhao road will be dry.

But that may NOT be good news for others closer to "inner" Bangkok...because the water that was almost knee high 2 days ago has to be going somewhere.

B)

Time: 16:00 p.m. November 9th, 2011

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Saen Saeb canal meters rapidly rising: DDS

SS05 at Ramkampheng 43/1 (near the university/stadium) - up 20 cm since 10 am today,

SS06 at Ramkampheng 131 up 35 cm since 10 am

Correction: SS05 just went down 4 cm, so only up 16 cm

SS06 is still 35 cm below upper mark, SS05 below upper mark 52cm (according to the "flashy" official site); lets hope it won't reach it

Someone posted that flooding was right up to Suvaranaphumi airport - Was there late yesterday evening

Totally dry everywhere I could see and business as usual. No proper parking available so parking outside departures for half an hour as long as not pulling the handbrake of course is OK and standard procedure

GM Link

Ditto that, I just came from Swampy. Airport dry and everything normal. No water in sight near the airport itself. On 7 just after exiting the airport (heading towards Choinburi), a little water in the service road on the side near the Truck Terminal, (possibly more inside the terminal, can't say) but nothing on the motorway and the service road also was dry once past the airport vicinity. 314/304/319 to Prachinburi roads all dry although the river around Chachengsao looks awfully high. 314/304/319 all with many flooded rice fields on either side of the road, not threatening the roads at this point and I have no idea if on the increase or decrease. Looked like the rice crop was widely wiped out, tho

Where I live ( Rte 3 between Wong Wian Prachinburi and Prachantakham) it rained heavily today and also a few days ago and while we're dry, the klongs that drain off water into the Prachinburi river and from there to the Bkk area pretty full and running quite rapidly, seems to be heavy run off from the Prachantakham direction. I don't know how the river is as my house isn't near it, but regardless, more water is headed towards the eastern.outskirts of Bkk from our part of the country.... (which was badly flooded in September but dry since, that water have already gone to the Big Mango)

For those living in banchalong:

I just drove up Soi Watseewarinoi to Lat Krabang road and did a bit of a tour around there. You cross 5 Khlongs on Soi watseewarinoi and the Airport flood barrier/dyke. While Soi watsee is still dry and I saw a JCB on a barge dredging the khlongs, the water level in all Khlongs is high, whearas the dyke around Suvarnabhumi seems quite low. There is water coming out of drains along Lat Krabang road and some of the smaller soi's on the north side (which slope away to the north) seem to have 30-50cm water in them. As the area around banchalong seems quite sodden I fear that things will start to get much worse here over the next few days.

GM Link

post-120659-0-20354000-1320831951_thumb.

Still water on the main Ladprakhao Road but definately lower. Even rear of soi, where two days ago there was thigh high water is dry today.

This started yesterday. Don't know where it went but definately a lot of water went away (somewhere) last night.

As I said before, however, my location here is 10 to 20 cm. higher than Ladprakhao Road. That's making a big difference here in my soi.

I wouldn't be surprised if within 48 hours at the most, a lot of Ladprakhao road will be dry.

But that may NOT be good news for others closer to "inner" Bangkok...because the water that was almost knee high 2 days ago has to be going somewhere.

B)

Are you on Laad Pla Khao ? The road which goes from ChokChai 4 up to RamIndra?

B)

Are you on Laad Pla Khao ? The road which goes from ChokChai 4 up to RamIndra?

GM Link I think he's hereabouts. He didn't complain yesterday when I posited him thereabouts.

Edited by MaxYakov

May be I am looking in the wrong places, but I can’t notfigure out if the water is successfully being reduced or just that is being heldup stream in a big pools like in Rangsit and is just a matter time they allcome down.

Any ideas?

May be I am looking in the wrong places, but I can't notfigure out if the water is successfully being reduced or just that is being heldup stream in a big pools like in Rangsit and is just a matter time they allcome down.

Any ideas?

According to the Big Bag Theory, inundation has been delayed because of the 6km wall of 2.5-ton bags constructed to the north and east of Bangkok.

But the governor of Bangkok has warned that it can only hold for a week, so it sounds like, yes, there is more to come.

north east

number 9 outer ring road going north,

the police are up to something and the exit for lam luk ka, i saw big concrete slabs getting ready to be laid out, traffic coming off at lam luk ka , horrible ,

in short fashion still ok, number 9 who knows , i think its going to get nasty ,

good luck to you all , keep safe.