Thai Floods Reduce Beer Supplies To A Drip

george

Plenty of Leo up here in Chiang Mai. It's the only thing that the local Big C has to stock their shelves with.

The article is about BEER supplies.

:ph34r:

Don't be so snooty.... Pretty soon if things continue in the same fashion, you'll be begging for just a drop of that nectar LEO... :lol:

BTW, when I stopped by my local 7-Eleven in Sukhumvit the other day, the only beer they had on the frig shelves were a few straggler bottles of Archa....

It was pretty funny.. While I was standing there waiting for my wife, a non-Thai Asian guy walked in, came over to the frig section, looked inside where the Archa bottles were pretty lonely, and muttered about there not being any beer...

Well, perhaps he was correct about that... :D Or perhaps he didn't know that Archa is actually a kind of brand of beer.

Just because they call it beer does not necessarily make it true! :rolleyes:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NHS.doc

Found this warning on the web. We are all in trouble.

Wouldn't download this file, since it is a .doc could have a virus.

I am not saying that it has, but better be safe then sorry.

I downloaded it. I'm glad I did. I'm off to the Chang Crises Centre right now. It appears I have caught "delirium tremens".

yeah, no more singha on our island alreadysad.gif

will have to switch to other brands when my stock is oversad.gifsad.gif

it's a real pity that some people have to deal with too much liquid and other are running dry

As a non drinker of alcoholic beverages, I got a laugh about a few falong complaing loud, clear and long in a locAL Pattaya Beer Bar about the rising cost of beer and the shortage of some of their favorite brands of beer. All this while millions of Thais are suffering from the effects of the flood.

Take your beer money for 1 month and donate it to relief efforts for the people without food, water and shelter due to the flood, and not worry abvout the supply and cost of beer.

Stop buying beer for 1 month and supplies will grow and price will go down.

yeah, no more singha on our island alreadysad.gif

will have to switch to other brands when my stock is oversad.gifsad.gif

it's a real pity that some people have to deal with too much liquid and other are running dry

As a non drinker of alcoholic beverages, I got a laugh about a few falong complaing loud, clear and long in a locAL Pattaya Beer Bar about the rising cost of beer and the shortage of some of their favorite brands of beer. All this while millions of Thais are suffering from the effects of the flood.

Take your beer money for 1 month and donate it to relief efforts for the people without food, water and shelter due to the flood, and not worry abvout the supply and cost of beer.

Stop buying beer for 1 month and supplies will grow and price will go down.

Come on once they raise the prices they are never going to come down. More profit to be had.

Oh darn. The PM and her brother have really done it now. If the Thais don't wake up to it and take matters into their own hands, then surely a bunch of sober farangs will!!

All the Sexpats will come out of the bars and brothels, stage a coup and Thailand will be the first country with a Sexpat government.

Excuse my naivety, but what's a sexpat?

A sexpat is something similar to an expat. While the expats are here mostly for working, the sexpats are here mostly for having sex.

Expect a (very welcome) flood of Tsing-Tao from China. They have already announced their intention to enter the market, so emergency supplies will be airlifted to major centres.

BTW I just returned from a trip to frighteningly expensive Hong Kong and Macau and was surprised at how cheap beer was. Thailand has been taking the proverbial p___ (and their beers taste like it too).

A can of Tsing-Tao was 4 HKD (15 THB) in the local store - can't imagine how low the bulk price is! Compare that to a can of the local pathetic offerings and you wonder why so many people are actually upset that this has happened.

Perhaps it will be the silver lining if they stop producing some of this crap and rely on imported, drinkable beers.

At the same price (ie drop the protectionist import duty).

C'mon chaps, no need to lose one's sense of humour. As bad as the situation is with rising stress levels as well as water, joking should be a means of releasing tension, indeed, just like the much talked about sluice gates

On first thought, I was also going to joke about it... invoking emergency laws to prevent beer shortage to happen... but then I remembered the hundreds of thousands of people really affected by the flood and so I refrain from joking around...

yet, you basically still told the joke... B)

i'm not having a go at you, just found it amusing

I DON'T find it amusing that you DO find someone's (curtailed) amusement, amusing :annoyed:.

On first thought, I was also going to joke about it... invoking emergency laws to prevent beer shortage to happen... but then I remembered the hundreds of thousands of people really affected by the flood and so I refrain from joking around...

I DON'T find it amusing that you DO find someone's (curtailed) amusement, amusing :annoyed:.

Even without a beer I find that pretty funny......

Yes!! I hear that there is a bit of a shortage of the amber nectar at the moment!!!:o.

I find amusing what you do not which makes you amusing

I think that all these amusing musings about genuine and surmised amusement must stop now as it has been mused to death and is NOT amusing any more!!!

running out of beer in some peoples minds is fine ,but when you run a bar or club paying huge rents and employing lots of staff ,how are you suppose to pay the rent and staff wages when you cant sell anything,this could force bar owners to either shut up shop or lay off staff ,which in turn hurts the landlords who rent rooms to these staff as they wont get paid and they in turn cant pay there mortgages to the banks and so on and so on ,not a good time ahead for a lot of us farangs or thais im afraid....

Word filters through from Chiang Mai that the bar girls are already returning home due to the lack of customers. As above: No customers, no money in the till ..... no money in the till ...... simple economics.

Very tough times ahead for a lot of people whatever their nationality here in Thailand.

Reduced stocks in supermarkets in this part of Issaan (Kantharalak SiSaket), but the beer box shops and local stores still run at their normal grossly overstocked levels!

Sounds like a good excuse to evacuate Bangkok to me :rolleyes:

Well we are not sharing in Chiangmai, you mexicans down south can find your own beer supplies. It's a dog eat dog world when it comes to beer.:D Just tugging your chains cobbers, we Aussies fully understand what it's like to be as dry as a dead dingo's donger.

Hope this cheers you all up...............

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=hxpxU6H2WYA

There's nothing so lonesome, morbid or drear......................."

Reduced stocks in supermarkets in this part of Issaan (Kantharalak SiSaket), but the beer box shops and local stores still run at their normal grossly overstocked levels!

Well we are not sharing in Chiangmai, you mexicans down south can find your own beer supplies. It's a dog eat dog world when it comes to beer.:D Just tugging your chains cobbers, we Aussies fully understand what it's like to be as dry as a dead dingo's donger.

Probably lost on a lot of People but a good song non the less, not an Aussie by the way

Yes one thing that you colonials did get right is a true appreciation of what makes life worthwhile

C'mon chaps, no need to lose one's sense of humour. As bad as the situation is with rising stress levels as well as water, joking should be a means of releasing tension, indeed, just like the much talked about sluice gates

On the real serious side of it here in Chiang Mai we have a shortage of Pepsi Max.:(

Now lets see a <snip> top that.

Edited by metisdead
Obscenity removed.