Will The Electricity Be Cut Off Should My Area Be Flooded?

Villy1111

I don't know about entire areas... but at the condos we own at Baan Suan Thon (Ratchaphisek Road Soi 36) by Land and House.... the management say that if the water levels reaches the ball joint on your ankle, they are cutting power. Most of our tenants have long since temporarily relocated even though the complex is not flooded yet last I heard. Might want to check your neighborhood's (if that applies) policy.

:)

Thanks Loads :D

But its quite a little bit worrying. I would be moving to the 4th Floor at the apartment next door if flood do comes and imagining what there left to do with no electricity is as horryfying as the thought of the flood itself. :(

Boring lol

Gotta go check tmr how tall the meter pole thingy is

Thanks Loads :D

But its quite a little bit worrying. I would be moving to the 4th Floor at the apartment next door if flood do comes and imagining what there left to do with no electricity is as horryfying as the thought of the flood itself. :(

Boring lol

Gotta go check tmr how tall the meter pole thingy is

You can always tell if the weather over the winter period in England has been really bad................lots of pregnant women walking around during the summer months.

So, the tip is - get yourself some ladys stuck with you and make sure you have plenty of comdoms...........Boredom sorted. :whistling:

You can thank me later, for the tip. :D

I'm pretty much with the above sentiments, power will be cut should the water reach the meters, power in the village where we're building is still on after nearly 3 months of flooding.

BUT

If you live in a condo, check out the location of the incoming supply, meters and emergency generator. Most are in the basement, not a good location when flooding is imminent. The genset in our condo didn't even get chance to start when the water arrived.

On a plus note, Wifey says she's getting fitter after walking up and down 10 flights at least twice a day for the last month, she does however have a baby genset to keep a few lights, a fan and (most important) the TV working.

In the Village were I live electric is still on as of last night, wish I had done like a few older Thais in the Village and ignored the Army men 19 days ago, saying that the next Village up was cut off 3 days before our Village was ordered to leave, the next Village down was cut the night before + 6 people were electrocuted

Guess in a Condo depends were electric is, I rented a condo near BKK back in 2003 while the house was being build, there was a big room sort of 1/2 a level lower than the road with washing machines etc, Thai friend has a Condo there for one of his wife's and that was cut 2 weeks ago