Daily Flood Locations - Nov 10th

webfact

Good news indeed. However, water here in Supalaiburee Village Klong 4 is receding slowly 1 centimetre a day, still over metre deep in the soi (see attached snap taken outside our house 09.11.11.).

Thank you so much for your posts here, Philip, and the pics too. (Thanks also to Frodo for the preceding Pantip post & pics on N. Nayok Rd at Klong Si, very encouraging). We had just moved into Supalai Buri in July, since evac on Oct 23 (waded to the 7-11 carrying two dogs) and have had no news or info until seeing your posts here a few days ago. Is it about the same depth inside and outside the moo bahn now (I mean on the Klong Si Road)? Seems that it may be possible to drive as far as the 7-11 in a few days via Hwy 9.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

< snip >

Dr. Seri in last night's PBS broadcast advised not to plan past today, but things seem to be progressing pretty slowly in that area.

Last night he focused on the high-risk flooding at the Lat Krabang Industrial Estate in ThaI PBS Nov 9 Thailands Worst Flood segment (patience, it's at the end). His map showed 15 million CM/Day entering the estate area (NOT the estate itself) from the North and he recommended immediate pumping-out from the area on the south side.

WARNING: This segment contains explicit video and verbal references to boats being used to propel water in khlongs. Viewer discretion is advised.

Edited by MaxYakov

I'm very pleased to report that the water levels on Klong 4, Nakhon Nayok have dropped considerably. You can actually see dry areas and small cars are passing through. Looking east and west from the area, it's looking better as well.

http://www.pantip.co...NE11312523.html

wow what great news. nice picture ,

Good news indeed. However, water here in Supalaiburee Village Klong 4 is receding slowly 1 centimetre a day, still over metre deep in the soi (see attached snap taken outside our house 09.11.11.).

GM Link A 'Supalai Buri Village, Rangsit Klong 4, Pathumthani' got a lot of Press/YouTube in October. Would that be you (just to the west of my Khlong Si posit)?

Yes, that's our village and surrounded areas.

This is now day 19 of being marooned in our house, and as attached received some drinking water yesterday from NGO volunteers; we’ve had <Snip> all help from the so called thai government, as they are basically a bunch of clowns.

Water is receding at the moment, but at a slow rate of 1 centimetre a day; still over a metre deep outside. Our papaya, jack fruit, banana trees have all now died, due to putrid, sewer infested water around our house.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed, expletive removed.

Can we get some constant updates on the status or Rama 2 ? The published news is giving conflicting information. Anyone travelling along this road please post here:) I really have no confidence that they will open up any other suitable road. I'm in Ratchaburi and will need to travel back; was planning tomorrow but might need to be this evening. I have a sedan too so can't take too much flooding.

I just talked to a friend a few minutes ago who was coming in on Rama 2 from Mahachai. He was at the Kanchanaphisek intersection turning south to head toward the river when I talked to him and he said Rama 2 was dry all the way.

Rama 2 road is dry ALL the way now.

However, small patches seen not too far from the road like in Tesco Lotus Rama 2. But the elvation is way way below the Rama 2 road.

No worries for today. But not sure if it will survive the weekend when BKK residents goes to Hua Hin for weekend holiday in their 2nd homes.

Thanks a lot; my wife will be coming to me on the bus that way this evening; if its's all clear we might head back into bkk tonite.I managed to keep my car out of the floods thus far and don't want to ruin it now. You might find not many leaving bkk now, if there's a possibility of not getting back in for a month. That's why I need to get my car back there (where I'll be staying is dry this far (tiwanon road area), so it should be ok as much of the flood has peaked / decreasing around that area.

< snip >

Dr. Seri in last night's PBS broadcast advised not to plan past today, but things seem to be progressing pretty slowly in that area.

Last night he focused on the high-risk flooding at the Lat Krabang Industrial Estate in ThaI PBS Nov 9 Thailands Worst Flood segment (patience, it's at the end). His map showed 15 million CM/Day entering the estate area (NOT the estate itself) from the North and he recommended immediate pumping-out from the area on the south side.

WARNING: This segment contains explicit video and verbal references to boats being used to propel water in khlongs. Viewer discretion is advised.

They are pumping from the estate already, our company volunteered some engineers as the pumps are from the Dutch days in Ayutthaya...

The estate is as dry as a bone for now and levels in the khlongs are extremely low

The floodwater has reached the back side at its weakest point more or less

The roads around the estate are still passable (and that is the only word I have for some)

I saw dr. Seree as well and he was somewhat pessimistic in predicting the flood to come on the estate within 2 days without explaining all the measures taken already and the work being done to help the water out if it may come that far

He could have just talked to the estate authorities as he claimed he was in LK himself that day...

nevertheless he makes sense most of the time....

Are there plenty of taxis at Mor Chit? I'm arriving from Korat on Saturday with a big dive gear bag. Need to get from Mor Chit to a hotel on Suk 19 then on to Suvarnabhumi on Sunday morning.

Saw from the news this morning about the Mor Chit taxi situation. Still there are taxi, but the number of taxi coming in has drop. Expect to queue for 30 mins, PLUS the taxi choose the customer & not the other way round. I.e. Taxi driver ask you where you want to go, then decide if he wants to take the risk. However, going to Suk 19 is fine, you should not face any rejections at all.

< snip >

They are pumping from the estate already, our company volunteered some engineers as the pumps are from the Dutch days in Ayutthaya...

The estate is as dry as a bone for now and levels in the khlongs are extremely low

The floodwater has reached the back side at its weakest point more or less

The roads around the estate are still passable (and that is the only word I have for some)

I saw dr. Seree as well and he was somewhat pessimistic in predicting the flood to come on the estate within 2 days without explaining all the measures taken already and the work being done to help the water out if it may come that far

He could have just talked to the estate authorities as he claimed he was in LK himself that day...

nevertheless he makes sense most of the time....

One constructive bit of criticism I would offer Thai PBS is that they should give more time to Dr Seri. If you watch the Thai language broadcast that precedes the English language broadcast, you'll see that Dr Seri spends a lot more time talking about the whole picture. In the English language broadcast we only get a piece of what was said in the Thai version. We can get was is being said in the rest of the broadcast from other sources; give Dr Seri more time.

One constructive bit of criticism I would offer Thai PBS is that they should give more time to Dr Seri. If you watch the Thai language broadcast that precedes the English language broadcast, you'll see that Dr Seri spends a lot more time talking about the whole picture. In the English language broadcast we only get a piece of what was said in the Thai version. We can get was is being said in the rest of the broadcast from other sources; give Dr Seri more time.

On the other hand everything always seems to take longer to explain in Thai versus any other language :D

Asean TV dedicated some time to the flooding as well in between their regular schedules

No idea what channel on True but 87, for now, on PSI

Water is creeping back onto Thanon Latkrabang again, some areas of the road (past the Latkrabang Airport Link, towards Chachensao) are at a depth of just 10 - 15cm BUT this road floods very quickly and i wouldn't be surprised to see it submerged again if the water continues to rise at the current rate.

This said though, 2 weeks back the same road mentioned was flooded yet the soi outside my village and Rom Klao Road's side sois were relatively dry. The water must have been diverted somewhere and now this diversion is flooding more of Latkrabang.....

Excellent post - Yes

Doesn't take longer time in Thai, he is just trying to explain it so that it is easier to understand, takes longer in any language :)

Edited by MikeyIdea

I looked through the earlier post and saw some mentions that Sunhumvit isn't flooded yet.

Can someone confirm that?

Is Sukhumvit still dry between Soi 4 and Soi Cowboi? (No, it's not about going to the bars)

Is the road from Swampi to Sukhumvit still passable by car?

Are the Banks and businesses near above mentioned Sukhumvit Sois still open? In particular Kosikorn bank near BTS Nana?

Would appreciate a quick and simple reply to my questions. I could probably find all the answers myself here, but I am currently offshore and with my internet speed here, it would take me days to finish searching.

Thanks!

I was just at the Caliwow next to Soi Cowboy and the Suk was completely dry from there to the Villa Market past Soi 31..

Really not much movement on the flood water around the Ladprao and Mo Chit area. Will somebody please pay tea-money to the flood, so we can get this show going again?:whistling:

Rama II, that is of course a different deal. They got their moneys worth of "Nam".

post-119133-0-58870600-1320914289_thumb.

post-119133-0-83889100-1320914302_thumb.

post-119133-0-84610500-1320914315_thumb.

post-119133-0-69435900-1320914325_thumb.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

Can anybody confirm on this flood map

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

just updated, water at mall Bangkapi and Ramkhamhaeng 54,56, 58, 58-1, 58-3, 58-5, 60, 60-1, and the lat Phrao

area around intersection thanon srinakarintara lat phrao

Can anybody confirm on this flood map

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

just updated, water at mall Bangkapi and Ramkhamhaeng 54,56, 58, 58-1, 58-3, 58-5, 60, 60-1, and the lat Phrao

area around intersection thanon srinakarintara lat phrao

That update is contradicted by the traffic cam at the Nawamin/SeriThai/LadPrao intersection Traffy - Bang kapi

The map tends to exaggerate a bit. On several occations lately have I been driving arround areas without seeing anything but a lille wetness around an occational drain, just to come home and find out that I apparently had driven around in a totally flooded area according to that map.

Edited by satiariyan

Firstly...I must say This is a FANTASTIC Forum especially for the info on the flood situation.

In addition, its a must SEE forum as here in the UK there just isn't any info...

Reading through here it seems there is some improvement in the flooding in parts of Bangkok.

I am due to fly out in just over 2 weeks for my annual 6 month stay, ( I live in the Rama 4 Road area) I still have not made my mind up.

Could folks be kind enough to post what there thoughts are on the flood situation for the next few weeks?

Thanks in advance.

Peace.

Captain Peacock...

Saphan Khwai

17:45 10-11-11

No change from 11:00 today - see message #29 in this topic. Phaholyothin Rd south of Klong Bang Sue does not have any water including the Saphan Khwai Big C and BTS areas.

Thanks for the update.

But the question that nobody (FROC, BMA, Dr Seri) seems to be able or willing to answer is this:

Is the current stability or even slight improvement a sign that we are through the worst of it; or is it just a sign that Big Bag is doing its delaying job, and when it fails, things are just going to turn seriously pear-shaped?

You'd think that somebody in authority might be able to attempt an answer to this one.

Thanks for the update.

But the question that nobody (FROC, BMA, Dr Seri) seems to be able or willing to answer is this:

Is the current stability or even slight improvement a sign that we are through the worst of it; or is it just a sign that Big Bag is doing its delaying job, and when it fails, things are just going to turn seriously pear-shaped?

You'd think that somebody in authority might be able to attempt an answer to this one.

I think it was night before last when Dr. Seri said the Big Bags would over flow in 7 days from then. Since then an opening in the Big Bags was negotiated with locals to allow ~10 cubic meters of flow through the bags. We'll see what Dr. Seri says tonight.

BTW Thai PBS was very responsive to my suggestion about giving Dr. Seri more time in their English language program. I don't think it will happen, but thanks to them for their response.

Could folks be kind enough to post what there thoughts are on the flood situation for the next few weeks?

That question is like putting a stick into a hornets' nest. If you are genuinly interested you should not have any problem in finding lots of speculations of the pletoria of possible flood developments over the next weeks or months in other threads on this very site. However, this particular thread is explicitly designed for reports on current flood situation (but may stray a bit off-topic now and then).