2012 Chevy Trailblazer

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling.

Ok, I tried the Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ1 Sunday at Krabi. I'm not a car nerd or a supertechexpert, just my feeling was good, good braking, sweet drive and fast response, enough power (for my needs). I'm not a fan of the automatic gear but I have to say is smooth and the option to change gears alone via the Driver Shift Control is cool. The driver seat is electric controlled 3 ways, there is a climate control separate front/rear, a navigator unit with a 6" screen and several steering controls. The leather upholstery is of better quality of that on the MU7, interior room look to me almost the same of the MU7 with the further chance to completely put down also the second seats row and get an almost flat luggage van. A small and not so nice style instrumental panel, but a lot of gadgets and controls, as the cruising control etc.

Only 2 airbags, but four discs and 5 links rear suspension system.

And after a long bargain (almost no freebies, no discount and 2.9% of interest) I booked mine (red LTZ1 delivery in September):

Well Angiud, congratulations on your new car! That is exactly the color combination I have been looking for in a SUV. With all the similarities you've noted, it looks like you have moved the bar and added a 'cousin' to the 'family'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the new Trailblazer has made the showrooms, and guess what? The top model doesn't even have climate air, are they kidding? What a backwards stagnated step, shame on you Chevrolet. You had a chance to drag the rest of the SUV market into the 21st century and you blew it. So far the Fortuner is the only one with this necessary feature. Idiots!

Well it looks like I may have to eat my hat, it does appear to have climate air. I got the original intel from my wife who got it from one of the highly product trained sales girls!!! (I'm in Europe working) so apologies for my rash outburst, all is forgiven, almost. I'm sure there's something they've overlooked :)

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling.

Ok, I tried the Trailblazer 2.8 LTZ1 Sunday at Krabi. I'm not a car nerd or a supertechexpert, just my feeling was good, good braking, sweet drive and fast response, enough power (for my needs). I'm not a fan of the automatic gear but I have to say is smooth and the option to change gears alone via the Driver Shift Control is cool. The driver seat is electric controlled 3 ways, there is a climate control separate front/rear, a navigator unit with a 6" screen and several steering controls. The leather upholstery is of better quality of that on the MU7, interior room look to me almost the same of the MU7 with the further chance to completely put down also the second seats row and get an almost flat luggage van. A small and not so nice style instrumental panel, but a lot of gadgets and controls, as the cruising control etc.

Only 2 airbags, but for discs and 5 links rear suspension system.

I've found this document on the web that could be of interest: 2012 - Trailblazer Full_EN.doc

And after a long bargain (almost no freebies, no discount and 2.9% of interest) I booked mine (red LTZ1 delivery in September):

post-58494-0-23952700-1340887128_thumb.j

I was more excited by this one! Does it have the dual overhead screens as seen in the link on Page 2?

post-49833-134222992613_thumb.jpg

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

Edited by 2unique

Sadly only a front screen in the 'navigator' model (top of the range). No double roof screens and no reverse camera

Ok- while your waiting for it enjoy this 45 minute video of the Thailand World Debut.

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

Well it looks like I may have to eat my hat, it does appear to have climate air. I got the original intel from my wife who got it from one of the highly product trained sales girls!!! (I'm in Europe working) so apologies for my rash outburst, all is forgiven, almost. I'm sure there's something they've overlooked smile.png

I hear 'ya......we (farang) have all had those 'Lost in Translation' moments.

Sadly only a front screen in the 'navigator' model (top of the range). No double roof screens and no reverse camera

A little disappointing but no real surprise. The Chevrolet automobile company was founded on the theme of a 'working man's car', one that the average 'working Joe' could afford. With that, you're not going to get any amenities out of the ordinary. At least it has 4 wheel independent suspension, a nice set of 18" / 19" wheels, electric seats and cruise control(?). Does it have 'the good' 4WD system?

I'm still waiting for the models to show up at our local dealership to look at its interior.

I had a quick glimpse of a beautiful red Trailblazer in yesterday's rush hour traffic.

Edited by thailoht

Red Trailblazer? It was me! No kidding mine will arrive only in September.

I have to say instruments a bit poor style, leather seats look better than my MU7. Clima system a huge leap from the Isuzu one (separate climatizers from rear and back areas, heater)

Roof bars with dedicated accessories.

2nd and 3rd seat rows disappear creating a very long and flat baggage (sleeping?) area.

An included rolling tend (I don't know a better term) is going to cover the baggage area until the second seat, very useful to put some 'sensitive' baggage without anybody see it.

Passenger handle on the left door help to get inside (missing on the MU7)

No freebies, no free one year insurance, no discount, no window films, no free gas. Keeniaw!

Off topic a bit but when I was in the Ford Dealership the other day looking at a truck, I noticed a new brochure marked "preview" for the new territory but nothing on a all new everest. maybe they wont introduce it at all.

Back on topic a bit, what's the big difference between captiva and the trailblazer ...size?, they are about the same price?

Off topic a bit but when I was in the Ford Dealership the other day looking at a truck, I noticed a new brochure marked "preview" for the new territory but nothing on a all new everest. maybe they wont introduce it at all.

Back on topic a bit, what's the big difference between captiva and the trailblazer ...size?, they are about the same price?

I've never looked in a Captiva but believe they are in the CR-V size segment (5 seater) where the Traiblazer is Pajero sized (7 seater)

I have to say instruments a bit poor style, leather seats look better than my MU7. Clima system a huge leap from the Isuzu one (separate climatizers from rear and back areas, heater)

2nd and 3rd seat rows disappear creating a very long and flat baggage (sleeping?) area.

An included rolling tend (I don't know a better term) is going to cover the baggage area until the second seat, very useful to put some 'sensitive' baggage without anybody see it.

No freebies, no free one year insurance, no discount, no window films, no free gas. Keeniaw!

Rolling blind/screen perhaps?

New MU-7 has the passenger handle/grip to assist with entry, exit and clutching in terror on switchbacks!

I like the ability to split the 3rd row seats 50/50 (is that still included for those airport trips...

I have to say instruments a bit poor style, leather seats look better than my MU7. Climate system a huge leap from the Isuzu one (separate climatizers from rear and back areas, heater)

The newer MU-7s do have 3 rows of A/C.

The luggage (cargo) area roller-cover you mentioned is cool! I had them in my Jeep Grand Cherokees.

I've never looked in a Captiva but believe they are in the CR-V size segment (5 seater) where the Traiblazer is Pajero sized (7 seater)

You described them just right, plus, the Captiva is equipped with CR-V sized engines - no diesel.

I'm just wondering when one of the manufacturers will ever release a vehicle aimed at men. instead of women and metrosexuals ? In the hatchback market we are neck deep in underpowered, bland boxes with auto gearboxes that ride/drive like a bouncy castle.. The so called 'sport' editions have some decals and alloy wheels but no suspension upgrade or a manual box ( yes I know DSG boxes are faster than manual but still don't give u the feel ) Trucks are a little more masculine but if like me you are bored with trucks ( poor handling/braking no real driving enjoyment ) they are a poor choice compared to a decent sports saloon or hot hatch. Mid sized saloon ? all auto, bouncy suspension and again blandly styled. Even if paying top dollar for 'top' model the equipment level is poor.

Next SUV's In the west most of these are what the wife takes the kids to school in. Underpowered, overly soft, automatic and 'beige' in every sense of the word. :(

Range rover sport ? Evogue ? Cayenne ? Toureg ? Surely Mazda, Ford, Toyota et al can style a car t at least look masculine and purposeful. Maybe I'm in a minority and guys don't do the choosing anymore ? The wife likes it so thats the end ?

Hopefully the new Ford escape is a little more 'mancentric' I'm middle aged but not ready to roll over, play dead and drive a bloody CRV or somesuch.

Masculine styling, quality interior, purposeful stance, manual gearbox and a decent engine ( either deisel or petrol ) If the 'luxury' brands can do it why can't the rest but at a price. I don't need in car LCD's, reversing cam or any of the other pointless do dads.. Just a decent chassis and engine.. did I mention the manual option ?

There is nothing on the Thai market to make a red blooded bloke excited - Unless I spend 4 - 5 million baht. What do young professional Thai men want to drive ? Surely they want a Golf GTi or M3 like every other young straight bloke on the planet ?

I'm just wondering when one of the manufacturers will ever release a vehicle aimed at men. instead of women and metrosexuals ? In the hatchback market we are neck deep in underpowered, bland boxes with auto gearboxes that ride/drive like a bouncy castle.. The so called 'sport' editions have some decals and alloy wheels but no suspension upgrade or a manual box ( yes I know DSG boxes are faster than manual but still don't give u the feel ) Trucks are a little more masculine but if like me you are bored with trucks ( poor handling/braking no real driving enjoyment ) they are a poor choice compared to a decent sports saloon or hot hatch. Mid sized saloon ? all auto, bouncy suspension and again blandly styled. Even if paying top dollar for 'top' model the equipment level is poor.

Next SUV's In the west most of these are what the wife takes the kids to school in. Underpowered, overly soft, automatic and 'beige' in every sense of the word. sad.png

Range rover sport ? Evogue ? Cayenne ? Toureg ? Surely Mazda, Ford, Toyota et al can style a car t at least look masculine and purposeful. Maybe I'm in a minority and guys don't do the choosing anymore ? The wife likes it so thats the end ?

Hopefully the new Ford escape is a little more 'mancentric' I'm middle aged but not ready to roll over, play dead and drive a bloody CRV or somesuch.

Masculine styling, quality interior, purposeful stance, manual gearbox and a decent engine ( either deisel or petrol ) If the 'luxury' brands can do it why can't the rest but at a price. I don't need in car LCD's, reversing cam or any of the other pointless do dads.. Just a decent chassis and engine.. did I mention the manual option ?

There is nothing on the Thai market to make a red blooded bloke excited - Unless I spend 4 - 5 million baht. What do young professional Thai men want to drive ? Surely they want a Golf GTi or M3 like every other young straight bloke on the planet ?

Sorry mate you haven't been here long enough. Thais do not want hot hatches/fun cars. That's why no sports models are offered of any brand. Toyota struggled to sell the trubo model of the Soluna they offered about 6 years ago. The only good handling sporty car produced in Thailand at the moment is the Ford Focus 2.0 170 bhp which is launched in August and my wife's arrives in about 2 weeks. Stick to the Ducati for you thrills thats what I do.

Next SUV's In the west most of these are what the wife takes the kids to school in. Underpowered, overly soft, automatic and 'beige' in every sense of the word. sad.png

Sorry mate you haven't been here long enough. Thais do not want hot hatches/fun cars. That's why no sports models are offered of any brand. Toyota struggled to sell the trubo model of the Soluna they offered about 6 years ago. The only good handling sporty car produced in Thailand at the moment is the Ford Focus 2.0 170 bhp which is launched in August and my wife's arrives in about 2 weeks. Stick to the Ducati for you thrills thats what I do.

Sorry mate you don't know me. I have lived here permenently for 15 yrs.. Been working in Thailand and other parts of Asia since 1987. Well aware what is available and have plenty of Thai friends who love cars.. But all frustrated by what is being offered. Check out the Thai language car mags and websites ( if you can read Thai? ) you will see a great deal of interest in hot hatches. But they are prohibitively expensive for the average guy. This is why you see so many crap base model cars with spoilers and body kits.. They can afford the look but not the real deal. Maybe you haven't been here long enough ? :) ( Only meant as light hearted pi55 taking )

Do you mean 'masculine' cars like this?

Fiat_500_Rosa_03.jpg

C'mon real man, the Trailblazer is a macho car, and don't try to hijack the thread!

Each to their own. But I don't believe most guys here would even consider driving a 'soft roader' or base model SUV in their own country where there are other options. These vehicles are usually reserved for the wife to take the kids to school in. Big, comfy and easy to drive but not fun. Most expats here in Thailand are driving a pick-up because that was all that used to be available. The the 'Tuna' arived which was slightly more 'car' like. Now we have a few smaller SUV's to choose from CRV, Escape and the koreans offerings. But all are very lackluster versions compared to what is available overseas. My wifes CRV is good at what it does but cannot be called 'exciting' or 'fun to drive' Only hope on the horizon appears to be the new Escape. The trailblazer just fails to excite any real enthusiasm. I'm keen to check it out in case I'm wrong but I doubt it. Not highjacking the thread just offering a different opinion to the 'wow it's so cool' Guess really depends on what sort of vehicle you like.Despite being 'car crazy' I've been driving a Proton Neo CPS for two years only cos it has two doors, manual box and decent handling ( for what it is ) just couln't bring myself to own an Auto despite having a largish budget there is almost nothing new available that fit my criteria. Been restoring a fast classic to slve the problem. Otherwise I'll be buying a secondhand GTI or Subaru STi

Ah, and the Duramax 2.8 engine is made with VM Motori (an old and solid Italian brand ;-)

We will soon get to see how this engine stands up to the tried and tested Isuzu 3.0L. I for one am rooting for its longevity (not like the Jeep Grand Cherokee mfg in LOS), and hope it can technically 'hang in there' performance-wise with the Japanese SUV diesel engine mfgrs.....

So what is it .?. An Isuzu Truck Chassis . Isuzu Engine.With a Chevy Badge on it.. It will only threaten the Mitsu Tuna market if its about 750K , and the Wife likes it.. Buy a Ford they tell you its a Ford Iveco , or Cosworth Engine , Proton tell you Suspension by Lotus, why don't G.M. tell you anything.? . Perhaps a Daiwoo Chevy is a tad embarrassing Gone sadly are the Days of Chevy the American Legend. Now its a Bunch of Accountants milking the Glory Years. I think it looks much nicer than Tuna and Mitsu though. Id wait for the Ford if i was in the market.

Thing is, the new Colorado and Trailblazer are in fact both GM's work (except the engines) - it's Isuzu who's now licensing from GM..

Just like Yamaha developing petrol engines for the automotive industry, but so far not for a japs maker

.. well, except for the top-end of all Toyota VVTi and VVTLi engines wink.gif

learning something new every day. Never seen public info yammy did advanced engines for toyo, perhaps due to japs culture

I only know they did some Ford SHO engines.

Back on topic (the Chevrolet Trailblazer), just to say that they start to deliver the first cars.

Ah, and the Duramax 2.8 engine is made with VM Motori (an old and solid Italian brand ;-)

Is the colorado a cheaper and reasonable alternative for those not needing a covered back/seven seats? Same engine but presumably lighter than the trailblazer should give it reasonable performance....

• Like 1

On the strength of this topic I wandered along to my local Chevvy dealer yesterday to have a look. My wife has a Captiva that will be coming up for changing at Xmas and I quite liked what I saw from the pictures that had been posted.

The reality was somewhat disappointing.. The rear end looks nothing like the ones in the picture with the double exhaust system integrated into the car (which I really liked the look of)...I'm presuming that's a very expensive extra that will probably not be available here for some time. The Trailblazer just has one very small tail pipe and to me the rear of the Captiva looks better as does the instrument layout.

I know others may take issue with me on this but I feel the Captiva looks a lot sleeker than the Trailblazer, that's just my opinion and I feel that we would pobably stick with the Captiva when we renew

I know others may take issue with me on this but I feel the Captiva looks a lot sleeker than the Trailblazer, that's just my opinion and I feel that we would probably stick with the Captiva when we renew

Those are good points that you pointed out about your observation of the Trailblazer. Personally, I too, like the dual exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car! They call me a few days ago that my car was arrived. (2 months in advance). Just a couple of pics when I park at a gas station close to a Fortuner. Check the similarities ;-)

post-58494-0-50252800-1343790351_thumb.j

post-58494-0-62785600-1343790371_thumb.j

I must get used to the automatic gear!

It seems a bit less power than my MU7, but more stable and precise in the drive, less noisy, taller drive position, good brakes.

I must find the way to get the GPS in English.

Car rack and other accessories not yet available.

Factory controls and oil change every 20.000 km!

Got the car! They call me a few days ago that my car was arrived. (2 months in advance). Just a couple of pics when I park at a gas station close to a Fortuner. Check the similarities ;-)

post-58494-0-50252800-1343790351_thumb.j

post-58494-0-62785600-1343790371_thumb.j

It seems a bit less power than my MU7, but more stable and precise in the drive, less noisy, taller drive position, good brakes.

Looks better than the Fortuna from the rear (imho) but I prefer the Tuna from front - might be the lack of air scoop that swings it or maybe the Thomas Tank Engine smily face of the Chev?!?

Congratulations!

I am glad you took some photos next to a Fortuner.....your Trailblazer looks beautiful, and I love that color!! thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

I'm also happy to hear that you have to join the real world of automatic transmission drivers! If you had been driving a Ferrari or something similar, I could maybe understand one's love of a 'stick shift'(manual) cheesy.gif , but driving here in LOS, you're going to think 'you died and went to heaven' when you 'get used to' the freedom of driving an automatic!

Keep us updated on the first weeks of your 'new car' experience!