Applying For A 5 Year License In Real Time, Not From A 5 Year Old Post ?

paulian

Gee, I wonder if anyone really knows what one may need for a five year renewal in, let's say Pattaya ? Different info in every place you look. Why would the forum "moderators", keep a five year old post up that says (1. Your old, expired Thai driving licence. (On the date you apply, your licence must have already expired.) When many other posts say you can apply for a five year before your 1 year expires ? Does anyone really know or have a close clue what the requirements are today November 10, 2010, not 5-10 years ago ? A least a clue what I may need more recent than 5 years ago ......

To give the benefit from my experience earlier in the year at On Nut, may be different elsewhere and at a different phase of the moon, whatever.

Needed the usual pages for work permit, passport etc plus medical. They had a sign up in English saying the old licence had to be expired. I was going away for a while so that was not really an option. So I presented all my paperwork and they renewed it before the date (about 10 days I think). My TGF asked what the business about the must be expired. Oh that is so can charge extra fee as licence is expired

each DLT sets the rules within a frame, so up to date today is not tomorow, perhaps thats why old threads get updated?

last week in Patts,

present one or five year

passport with ANY permit to stay including 30 day entrystamp, dont know about 14 days entry

certificate of residence

medical

550 baht