Kawasaki Versys 1000

arnoldjr

I was just looking at this bad boy and trotted over here to see if there was any news. Hmmm, not made in Thailand. Sounds like just another million baht motorcycle. Too bad. This looks to be one sweet machine -- ABS and traction control standard, 116 horses, 21 liter tank. See it here: Specs and Review. Guess I'll be happy riding the ole ER6n around LOS for a few more years. It's been a good pony so far.

Edited by TongueThaied

• 2 weeks later...

Similar lines to a Brutale. I'll take the Brutale though ;)

I don't like the idea of an inline 4 in an adventure sport bike :unsure:

At well over 200kg and with a 17" front wheel the Versys 1000 is no more an "adventure" bike than the Multistrada... Should be an awesome sport-tourer though!

Wonder what it will be priced at if it does eventually get here. CM Kawasaki were quoting 585K for the Z1000 which is also imported so maybe it will be around that sort of price.

I'm very happy with it's baby brother the 650 but I'm sure it would be very popular over here.

Wonder what it will be priced at if it does eventually get here. CM Kawasaki were quoting 585K for the Z1000 which is also imported so maybe it will be around that sort of price.

I'm very happy with it's baby brother the 650 but I'm sure it would be very popular over here.

It's quite a step up from the Z1000 technology-wise so I imagine the Thai price will be around ~600-650k Baht. I don't imagine Kawasaki Thailand will import it any time soon. Best bet to get one in Thailand will be via one of the importers like Red Baron or 59 Bike.

It's quite a step up from the Z1000 technology-wise so I imagine the Thai price will be around ~600-650k Baht. I don't imagine Kawasaki Thailand will import it any time soon. Best bet to get one in Thailand will be via one of the importers like Red Baron or 59 Bike.

Sounds about right. In the UK, the Versys 1000 costs GBP 500 (GBP 9,499) more than the Z1000, or 25,000 Baht. I'd guess around 630k baht.

Reference: http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/motorcycles

It looks like a bike that can be adapted into a long distance hauler quite easily, but I am still in love with the GTR1400.....which you can't get here either! annoyed.gif

Sure you can, just not from Kawasaki, Thailand...

Red Baron's got a brand new 2011 GTR 1400 for only 698,000฿. That's a pretty good price for the top spec version with on the fly adjustable suspension, ABS and traction control. :)

110809-0000555.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

EDIT:

Ooops- Khun Vikrom says it's already sold! They really can't import these babies fast enough! :lol:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does pretty well in this comparison.

Nice review, BUT...

No Ducati Multistrada? No KTM SMT? Seems they left a couple top contenders out of the test...

I reckon the Versys 1000 would set you back around ~700k Baht to import and register in Thailand. Not cheap, but a hell of a lot less than the Multi and GS1200!

Let the Good Times ROLL!