Marriage Visa

Does anyone know if there is a limit, unofficial or otherwise, to how many wives you can have have settled in the UK? I have already settled 2 wives. The first marriage to a filipina lasted over 7 and a half years, the second to a Thai lasted over 6 and a half years. I'm not thinking of doing it right now, perhaps I'll never do it again, but I just like to know for the future. Does it become more difficult to settle a third wife in the UK?

THANKS

The OP doesn't make it clear whether his question relates to polygamous marriages or the more usual sequence of marriage/divorce/remarriage.

If a marriage is polygamous; i.e. someone is simultaneously married to more than one woman, then by the immigration rules, you are only entitled to sponsor one for settlement in the UK. If someone married and divorced a foreign national who obtained settlement, there is nothing prohibiting them marrying a second/third/fourth, ad nauseum. However, the more often it is done, the less likely a settlement visa is to be issued, as once a trend has developed, the visa officer may conclude through empiricism, that the 2 parties don't intend to permanently live together.

Cheers,

Scouse.

In my view oshoshitzu1, it's people like you who make it so difficult for genuine applicants to get Visas.

You have only posted one other topic in which you ask "How do I say: "Marriage of Convenience" in Thai ?

See here:- http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...64entry533864

Why would a genuine person ask only these 2 questions, that you have asked?

If i am right in my assumption, i think you are scum and i hope that no one else gives you any further advise. In fact i hope a Mod deletes this post.

If i am wrong then i apologise but i invite you to explain yourself as to why you have asked about "Marriage of Convenience" and "Does anyone know if there is a limit, unofficial or otherwise, to how many wives you can have have settled in the UK"

MrBoJ

Dear Mr Bojangles or should that be <deleted>?

My 2 posts are completely unrelated in the way that you think?

Before you jump in and start calling people scum, might it not be better to ask the question first?

Both my marriages were genuine relationships

Edited by oshoshitzu1

Before you jump in and start calling  people scum, might it not be better to ask the question first?

But what about the one you are currently contemplating?

As MrBoj asked "Why would a genuine person ask only these 2 questions, that you have asked?" He did also say "If i am wrong then i apologise but i invite you to explain yourself as to why you have asked about "Marriage of Convenience" and "Does anyone know if there is a limit, unofficial or otherwise, to how many wives you can have have settled in the UK"

You are, of course, under no obligation to explain, but failure to do so means we will all draw our own conclusions.

Before you jump in and start calling  people scum, might it not be better to ask the question first?

That's not an explanation as to why you have only asked those 2 questions. As i said earlier, if i am wrong then i apologise but look at it from other people's perspective. What conclusion would you reach?

This site is full of useful information, with people giving up their time for free, to help people out with questions. As GU22 says "You are, of course, under no obligation to explain, but failure to do so means we will all draw our own conclusions"