Vermiculture

Where in South Thailand and how many kg do you want? We could post them to you EMS in a polystyrene cool box. See my website, mentioned in my profile, for any more details.

I may be interested too once I've built my wormery - What size would you recommend per KG of worms?

I may be interested too once I've built my wormery - What size would you recommend per KG of worms?

SD: I presume you mean what size box, not what size wormery!! For 1kg worms we use a small polystyrene picnic box from Macro, size 24 x 18 x 18 cm. This will easily take 1kg worms plus 1kg bedding/food and would be OK for several days in the EMS post. We have also sent like this by bus. For larger quantities then larger boxes or other arrangements. Cheers WF

• 4 weeks later...

SD: I presume you mean what size box, not what size wormery!! For 1kg worms we use a small polystyrene picnic box from Macro, size 24 x 18 x 18 cm. This will easily take 1kg worms plus 1kg bedding/food and would be OK for several days in the EMS post. We have also sent like this by bus. For larger quantities then larger boxes or other arrangements. Cheers WF

What kind of worms would you recommend for chickens to snack on?

I have a lot of big night crawlers, not sure what kind, but they are fast, and the chickens don't like the taste of them for some reason.

Edited by mo99

I have a lot of big night crawlers, not sure what kind, but they are fast, and the chickens don't like the taste of them for some reason.

I have no idea what chickens like to eat, we breed worms not chickens :huh:

I have no idea what chickens like to eat, we breed worms not chickens :huh:

LOL, what kind of worms do you like to eat then?

:D

• 1 month later...

Probably because you dont let the worms shower first?

• 2 weeks later...

Probably because you dont let the worms shower first?

LOL, hmm maybe. But the chickens seem to love the small red earthworms that live around my compost heap. Maybe the night-crawler types taste bad....although I would not consider them night-crawlers since they are usually out all day, they can move much like a snake. I should try to catch one and take a photo for those worm experts out there LOL. But have not seen any lately since the dry season started.