Dvd Editing Software

Jockstar

As alot of you know i got married last month. We had a friend of the wife video the wedding and also the hotel filmed it too. The copy of the wedding from her friend was ok. But i had some problems with it. eg. He missed the best mans speech. <deleted>? One of the most important speeches. He missed the start of my English speech. He dubbed his music over the song that the wife came in to and also the song we left with. The hotels was slightly better. They left the original music in. But once again the bestmans speech was missing. We have asked the friend to give us all the video he filmed. So i was wondering. What sofware could i buy at Pantip or download of the net for free? This must allow me to cut and join various parts of both the wedding videos and the other stuff. So what would anyone recommend? As i said i MUST be able to take out different parts of each video to make a brand new one that i'm hapopy with. Any thoughts guys?

"Free" DVD editors will be seriously limited and are usually geeked, that is difficult to use.  The best editors are the following 2, I have both and prefer ULEAD more.  Should be able to find a copy at your favorite 'software' shop. 

Ulead Video Studio 9

Pinnacle Studio 9  (Version 10 soon)

Do these softwares allow me to take a DVD or VCD and cut and snip parts off the DVD to make a nice new DVD? I wont be doing it from a video camera but direct from a DVD or VCD.

Do these softwares allow me to take a DVD or VCD and cut and snip parts off the DVD to make a nice new DVD? I wont be doing it from a video camera but direct from a DVD or VCD.

I went back to my editors (been a while since I've used them) and have changed my mind. Pinnacle is the better choice. It will allow you to select the 'Chapters' or in other words the DVD segments and import them directly into the software. You can then cut segments, shuffle them arround, add voice or music to them and then burn a new DVD when you are done. Just did one from a short DVD I had to test the procedure and it works fine. Modest learning curve to figure it all out but not bad.

I went back to my editors (been a while since I've used them) and have changed my mind. Pinnacle is the better choice. It will allow you to select the 'Chapters' or in other words the DVD segments and import them directly into the software. You can then cut segments, shuffle them arround, add voice or music to them and then burn a new DVD when you are done. Just did one from a short DVD I had to test the procedure and it works fine. Modest learning curve to figure it all out but not bad.

Cheers. Will go to Pantip or the likes soon then. :o