My New Yamaha Sr400 30 Year Edition

dagling

Nice. I was along side one yesterday and they're very nice machines... Also noticed the speedo only went up 160kph, so imagine a comfortable rea life top speed would be about 130kph?

As I wondered yesterday, and can now ask you, how much do they cost?

Nice. I was along side one yesterday and they're very nice machines... Also noticed the speedo only went up 160kph, so imagine a comfortable rea life top speed would be about 130kph?

I payed 135.000 for mine, but mine has the original SR500 rims on it. 8600 km on the clock. No Greenbook, but invoice and tax paper. As long as you have the bike in your own name, tax payed and a 3 grade insurance, the police and BIB cant do anything to you anyway.

I know this, because a friend of mine has been stopped 3 times already up here in Khon Kaen on his Suzuki GXSR 750. Yes, they will try to get the tee money out of you, but just show them the paperwork on the bike (invoice and tax) and tell them to stop a pickup if they want money ;)

I payed 135.000 for mine, but mine has the original SR500 rims on it. 8600 km on the clock. No Greenbook, but invoice and tax paper. As long as you have the bike in your own name, tax payed and a 3 grade insurance, the police and BIB cant do anything to you anyway.

I know this, because a friend of mine has been stopped 3 times already up here in Khon Kaen on his Suzuki GXSR 750. Yes, they will try to get the tee money out of you, but just show them the paperwork on the bike (invoice and tax) and tell them to stop a pickup if they want money ;)

The green book is on it's way, right? It was included in the price of the bike?

The green book is on it's way, right? It was included in the price of the bike?

NO Greenbook. There is only 5 og these SR400 30 year Edition in Thailand of 500 ever made. 130.000 bath is the price for an other one for sale down in Bangkok area, I bought mine in Lamphun soth of Chiang Mai. I got the original SR500 rims and tires for 5000 bath extra, new they will cost about 20.000 bath.

Beautiful! Welcome to the SR club! Are you going to modify it?

I'm running a blog dedicated to the SR and cafe racers in general, if you're interested....omega-racer.blogspot.com

PA021068.JPG

snapback.pnghehehoho, on Today, 15:12 , said:

130kph is about right.As I wondered yesterday, and can now ask you, how much do they cost?SR without book can start at 50.000Bht up to usually 100.000Bht, depending on the modifications and age of the bike. One with book (recycled) starts at 90.000Bht up to 200.000+ for a real clean book (very rare). 130.000 for a 2008 30year edition sounds about right. You can always find a book later on if you feel the need for it....costs around 25~35.000Bht, depending on how good the book is and where it comes from.

My first bike in Denmark was a SR500 (maybe in year 1984 or thereabouts). 33 hp , top speed app. 150 km/h laying flat on the tank. I went with some riding buddies to Spain on it, and as I had the slowest bike I was setting the pace, 130 km/h though Germany, but in the twisties in the Alps I was the one laughing.

I still miss that bike over 25 years later and kind of hope that they will start producing it again (with FI).

My first bike in Denmark was a SR500 (maybe in year 1984 or thereabouts). 33 hp , top speed app. 150 km/h laying flat on the tank. I went with some riding buddies to Spain on it, and as I had the slowest bike I was setting the pace, 130 km/h though Germany, but in the twisties in the Alps I was the one laughing.

I still miss that bike over 25 years later and kind of hope that they will start producing it again (with FI).

They do actually but it's for the Japanese market only, I think.

This guy is selling one in Bangkok with book....http://www.srthailand.com/forums/index.php?topic=3922.0

and here is a beautiful 25year anniversary edition for 150.000 (no book)

http://www.srthailand.com/forums/index.php?topic=5357.0

Edited by mezcal

This guy is selling one in Bangkok with book....http://www.srthailan...hp?topic=3922.0

I can not find that bike for sale?

sorry, I think I got confused...

He's selling a SR500 with 100%% real book

http://www.srthailand.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.0

but he also has a 2010 SR 400 FI for sale here

http://www.srthailand.com/forums/index.php?topic=1083.0

from the pics it doesn't look like it has a book

Here is the guy's shop

http://www.srthailand.com/forums/index.php?topic=4950.0