Lace

husseinfatal

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone has seen anywhere recently i can get lace for a wedding dress? I know there is a wedding shop along the moat by the park...anyone been? Its $350 a metre for my sister in NZ, and im coming back to CM in a few months...so was wondering if it might be cheaper there. Cheers!

at worowot market theres a habidashery shop called Gul....as your approaching wowowot market, just before you go thru the chinatown gate, take that right....on that street there are 3 shops including gul, you should find that you need there...

Khun Janya and her small staff make Belgium-style lace in a small elegant shop behind St. Germaine des Pres restaurant on the east side of the old city. Everything she does is custom order, taking months. You don't go into the shop and select your purchase from shop inventory. However, Khun Janya may know of other sources for lace in Chiang Mai. It's worth it to contact her. Her email address is on her website:

http://saraphilace.com/me.html

I agree that the Kul shop in Warorot area is the best source for ribbon lace, with a good selection. They perhaps could direct the OP to a source for lace fabric. Would help to have a Thai speaker with you.

It would be wonderful if there are more lace sources in CM.

I wonder though if the Belgium style lace is what the sister is looking for.

If there is a source in CM for fine lace as used in lingerie, it certainly has my interest!