Visa Run To Mae Sai

Felipesed

I am planning to do one on the 9th of December (has to be this day due to flights booked). Not sure if the GF will lend me her car for the day... but am happy to be a paying passenger!

Edit: Will check my passport tonight to see if Saturday 10th of December is an option.

Edited by scd

place in the new shops area at Rimping/Meechok advertise daily visa runs for under 700 baht... how cheap does it have to be?

Does that include the 10 USD fee to get into Myanmar?

i haven't a clue... stop by sometime and ask...there is a live body in the "booth" every time i have walked by

i'm 100% it doesn't. it's a business, not a charity.

anyway the best way to do it is to go to arcade bus station and there is this one quite big company, green coloured, always have people cueing.

they have a bus that's half vip seats and half normal. return ticket on vip seat is 600 or 650thb and the seats are very nice, big enough and comfortable. highly recommended.

I just hate the Myanmar immigration official refusing to take my 10 USD and asking for 500 THB instead, even saying that they've now changed the rules.

anyway the best way to do it is to go to arcade bus station and there is this one quite big company, green coloured, always have people cueing.

they have a bus that's half vip seats and half normal. return ticket on vip seat is 600 or 650thb and the seats are very nice, big enough and comfortable. highly recommended.

Yes that's like the way I've been doing it (Green bus company).

Though I've been looking for a non-air-conditioned bus to Mae Sai (or Chiang Rai at which I could change bus to Mae Sai) as I like the fresh air and scenery of northern Thailand and the weather is not hot, actually often as cool as the air-conditioning inside the bus! So what non-air-conditioned bus options are there and how can they be caught?

I just hate the Myanmar immigration official refusing to take my 10 USD and asking for 500 THB instead, even saying that they've now changed the rules.

Though I've been looking for a non-air-conditioned bus to Mae Sai (or Chiang Rai at which I could change bus to Mae Sai) as I like the fresh air and scenery of northern Thailand and the weather is not hot, actually often as cool as the air-conditioning inside the bus! So what non-air-conditioned bus options are there and how can they be caught?

The same company "green bus company" same bus station.

The same company "green bus company" same bus station.

I did ask at the counter and was told that they only offer air-conditioned buses.

I think I did see a Chiang Mai to Mae Sai non-air-conditioned bus, probably not a Green company bus, parked a short distance from the Green bus that I was in as I departed Chiang Mai for Mae Sai, and I wondered how I could catch that one.

I have done 4 trips every 90 days the past year and just hand a crispt $10 with my passport each time and smile and not once have they asked for 500 baht...although I have in my pocket in case and I last did a visa run a week ago.

And on The Thailand side they have nice made t-shirts if you walk on either side of the main street

I have done 4 trips every 90 days the past year and just hand a crispt $10 with my passport each time and smile and not once have they asked for 500 baht...although I have in my pocket in case and I last did a visa run a week ago.

For those who do get asked for 500 THB, don't give in to their rip-off attempt. 10 USD is around 300 THB. They are trying to skim off what amounts to many times a single day's wage of a normal Myanmar worker, and almost a single day's wage of a Thai worker.

Edited by hyperdimension