Visa For 7 Months

Hello,

My Education ED-visa will expire on 20th january 2012.

I do not want to renew it for another complete one-year extension after this date.

I just want to get visa to stay until 20th of August (7 months more) and then I will come back to Europ.

What is the best way to get this extra 7 months period without spending to much money and time ?

Thank you.

Are you going to study until you leave?

If yes, why not get a year extension, if your school qualifies, and leave before the extension expires.

Or get a 6 month ED, and use a cheap ticket to fly somewhere, getting 30 days on the return flight.

Not going to study? Triple entry tourist visa, with extension, will give you the time you want.

^ As Terry says, If you want to stay an additional 7 months, your best bet would be to renew your ED visa.

The only other suggestion I can think of, would be to get a double entry tourist visa from Laos or Vietnam.

However a double entry tourist visa will only give you a maximum of 6 moths stay.

For your last month of stay, you would then have to do two land border crossings for an additional 15 days each, fly in for 30 days of stay, (or get a single entry tourist visa).

Triple entry tourist visas are difficult to impossible to get in the region, and even if you would get one, it'll most likely only be valid for 3 months.

So you would still only be able to get a maximum 6 months stay out of it.

^ As Terry says, If you want to stay an additional 7 months, your best bet would be to renew your ED visa.

The only other suggestion I can think of, would be to get a double entry tourist visa from Laos or Vietnam.

However a double entry tourist visa will only give you a maximum of 6 moths stay.

For your last month of stay, you would then have to do two land border crossings for an additional 15 days each, fly in for 30 days of stay, (or get a single entry tourist visa).

Triple entry tourist visas are difficult to impossible to get in the region, and even if you would get one, it'll most likely only be valid for 3 months.

MTH, have You heard of anyone getting a double entry from Vietnam? and if so was it in Hanoi or Saigon?

MTH, have You heard of anyone getting a double entry from Vietnam? and if so was it in Hanoi or Saigon?

Sorry Denny, not heard anything personally. Thought I'd seen some reports here, but after some research, the ones from Vietnam seems to be only single entry.

So for nearby countries, it looks like Laos is the only place at the moment, for a double entry.