Bringing In Prescrition Drugs

softgeorge

I have a mate who is arriving in Thailand next March and he sent me an email enquiring about bringing prescription medication.

They medications are ...... Temazapan and Zoftol (zoloft)

Does anyone have knowledge on prohibitions or restrictions on these coming into Thailand. He is well aware of doctors letters etc saying they are prescribed but are there bans. Also can you purchase these in Thailand or a substitute?

i wouldn't worry about bringing these meds in, assuming they are for treating a medical condition.

if your concerned perhaps you could get your mate to bring a medical certificate from his doctor in the uk to carry in support of the meds in his possession and a copy of his prescription, but i would be staggered if he ever needed to produce them.

Edited by GooEng

Zoloft (sertraline) is available in Thailand both in brand name and as an inexpensive generic (GPO Sertraline). it does nto require a prescription here so no issue with bringing in small quantiity for personal use 9usual rule of thumb is 30 day supply).

Temazepam on the other hand is a strictly controlled drug so having it in a clearly labelled prescription container and also an accompanying doctor's letter is essential. it is available in Thailand (brand name Euhypnos) but only from a hospital pharmacy on doctor's prescription. Thai doctors tend to be gun shy about prescribing controlled drugs so having a letter from his physician at home will help.

Zoloft (sertraline) is available in Thailand both in brand name and as an inexpensive generic (GPO Sertraline). it does nto require a prescription here so no issue with bringing in small quantiity for personal use 9usual rule of thumb is 30 day supply).

Temazepam on the other hand is a strictly controlled drug so having it in a clearly labelled prescription container and also an accompanying doctor's letter is essential. it is available in Thailand (brand name Euhypnos) but only from a hospital pharmacy on doctor's prescription. Thai doctors tend to be gun shy about prescribing controlled drugs so having a letter from his physician at home will help.

Thanks for that I will cut and paste your reply to him.