Chiropractor

stopper

Anyone know a good chiropractor in Bangkok? At a good price? I visited the office of Sanctuary Chriopractic Natural Health on Soi Langsuan today, they want 2,500B for first visit and 1,200B each additional visit. Quite expensive. Their prices went up 30 percent since November. At that time, additional visits were 800B.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who is a Chiro in BKK, never used his services but he's been there forever, if that's any recomendation.

PM me and I'll let you know how to contact him or if he and the moderators don't mind maybe I could post some details here. :o

• 1 month later...

thank you all for responding, i will look up some of these chiro's on my next visit, the present therapy that i presently use consists of using equipment usually found in fitness centers such as leg presses, stomach harding and back tension equipment, they work wonders but outside my state it is hard to find, i will contact some of the names you have given me, thanks again

joe

• 5 months later...

I went to Broncos mate at Sukumvit 24. Cost 1,000 baht for about a half hour visit......I am still tryingtowork out whether it was any good or not. At first I was dissapopinted. The gyt I saw did not seem to care much about anything......he was not very personable if yo uknow what I mean......friendly enough but I go the feeling he would rather be elsewhere.

Anyway basically he put me on a weird bloody archaic chair which had numerous adjustable bits and parts on it........looked a bit like an old barbers chair with wings.......it was at 45 degrees. He put me on it face down and applied hot packs ontop of my clothing to my neck and upper back area........then he came back and did a manipulation or two.......then he put me on a weird machine which was basically a table with a hole in the middle.....no there was no girl under it.......the hole was covered by a haevy piece of rubber and under it was a sort of rollwer thing ......the idea was to lie on it while the roller massaged your spine......it was weird lying there with this old machine pummeling me.

I can see the benefit of this but I would have preferred more personal treatment and a more wholistic appraoch. I am used to osteopaths in Oz so must be spoiled.

If you compare it in price to another place posted on here it is cheap, so maybe worth the visit.

I went there today. What a dump! Talked with the Dr. who seemed OK, but I wasn't willing to take chances so I did not pursue any treatment. I figure you have to worry about an MD (despite the fact that he was trained in the US) who uses a common drinking cup (Thai style) at his water cooler in the waiting room.

Anybody else have any recommendations? I have receive done referal from a Dr. to try Dr. Oat Buranasombat, who head the Thailand Chiropractic Association. He is on Sukhumvit 38.

• 6 months later...

Dr Don is probably the best in town, but his clinic is so busy--And yes he uses those machines too to relax your muscle before he does any work on you. Lots of waiting even with an appointment.

Dr Don's hands are really huge and I suppose they can do wonders. I miss Eugene's Chiropractors.

Just a thought, but did you ever give accupuncture a try? Back home in the US, I used to see a chiro about my sciatica but after moving to CM, I started accupuncture at a local hospital--a month of twice weekly treatment and it really did make the most difference out of any treatment I've ever had. Haven't taken it up again since moving down to BKK, but I know it's widely available. Anyway, just an idea...

I am very happy of the acupuncture and massage treatments provided by Jerry .L.Mc.Ginnis in Pattaya. (American guy)

Acupuncture 1000b,Massage 1500b.First visit cost smore,but too long ago,I don't remember Phone 01 745 41 85

I went there today.  What a dump!  Talked with the Dr. who seemed OK, but I wasn't willing to take chances so I did not pursue any treatment.  I figure you have to worry about an MD (despite the fact that he was trained in the US) who uses a common drinking cup (Thai style) at his water cooler in the waiting room.

Anybody else have any recommendations?  I have receive done referal from a Dr. to try Dr. Oat Buranasombat, who head the Thailand Chiropractic Association.  He is on Sukhumvit 38.

There is a new one on Sukhumvit 39. I forget the name of the building but it is where the soi becomes one way. The building on the corner 5th floor

• 1 month later...

First, thanks to everyone for giving me some leads on finding a good Chiropractor in town. Personally, I am a little nervous about using a new doctor that wasnt reccommended by a prior doctor of mine, but I'm at a loss here.

I think maybe I will check out Chaiyapong Limvongvatana and Dr. Dan.

• 2 weeks later...
First, thanks to everyone for giving me some leads on finding a good Chiropractor in town. Personally, I am a little nervous about using a new doctor that wasnt reccommended by a prior doctor of mine, but I'm at a loss here.

Just wondering if this is a common name, Chaiyapong Limvongvatana. I was looking for a law firm to help me register a company and came across this law firm Siam Legal *http://siam-legal.com/profile.html*. The CEO of this law firm is called Chaiyapong Limvongvatana as well. Could this be the same person???

My wife is looking for a chiropractor here and i'm hoping to find one that is good and reliable. A chiropractor who doubles up as a "MD" of a law firm certainly doesnt do it for me....come to think of it, the website says he is also a DC, wonder if that means "Doctor Chiropractor"????

Just wondering if this is a common name, Chaiyapong Limvongvatana. I was looking for a law firm to help me register a company and came across this law firm Siam Legal *http://siam-legal.com/profile.html*. The CEO of this law firm is called Chaiyapong Limvongvatana as well. Could this be the same person???

My wife is looking for a chiropractor here and i'm hoping to find one that is good and reliable. A chiropractor who doubles up as a "MD" of a law firm certainly doesnt do it for me....come to think of it, the website says he is also a DC, wonder if that means "Doctor Chiropractor"????

DC means Doctor of Chiropractic. Chiropractic care (derived from the Greek, meaning "done by hand") dates back to the 1895. The discipline was developed by Daniel David Palmer, a self-taught healer in Davenport, Iowa. Palmer's objective was to find a cure for disease and illness that did not use drugs. Palmer studied the structure of the spine and the ancient art of manipulation.

The education requires a minimum of six years of college and a clinic internship before licensure. Areas of scientific study include anatomy, neurology, bacteriology, pathology, physiology, biochemistry, pediatrics, geriatrics, spinal biomechanics, orthopedics, X-ray, cardiology, nutrition, acupuncture, physiotherapy, gastrointestinal and genitourinary systems, and infectious diseases.

I am from Norway, and have been at Dr. Dons Center in Bangkok. Dr. Don Nakaya Nielson, a 1986 graduate of CCCLA and a professional kickboxer who earned his first black belt at the age of 15. He have been 14 times world champion in heavy weight thai boxing. He has also played in many movies.

Dr. Don Nakaya Nielson

I would highly reccomend the standard of Dr. Don. When I was there, he was working togheter with Dr. Wade Brackenbury and other DC`s. They work as a good team, and I hope dr. Wade will be back.

Good Luck !

Sincerely

Michael

• 5 months later...