Daily Flood Locations Nov. 16Th

cdnvic

Does anyone have any info whether the Central Pier near Saphan Taksin is flooded?

Ideally I would like to catch the boat from there to the Chang Pier, which I also heard is somewhat flooded.

My plan is to get from the Central Pier to the Grand Palace via the Chao Phraya River.

Should I depart at the Chang Pier? Or another location?

I live in Chalermprakiat 28 (Soi Thungsetthi next to Ram2 University 13:40:13:55 N 100:41:20:79 E) and so far nothing on the street.

I just noticed that again the water in the sewer came up to just about 20 cm below street level. This was the case 3 days ago, but then it went down again for more than one meter.

GM Link Very much appreciate the arc coordinates, but didn't understand the fourth element, which I ignored when converting. If it was decimal fraction of arc seconds, it would have helped to use a decimal point in place of the third colon. If it was intended as humor, then: Good One!

All seriousness aside, degrees.decimal-fraction, the Google Maps Lat/Lon display default, is much easier do deal with.

post-120659-0-48776600-1321403607_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Got a message via txt that the CaliWow in Pinklao had re-opened, so I decided to go back there instead of going into town to Asoke.

Well, true, Major and Central Pinklao had re-opened, but Boromratchachonnani, the road upon which these two are, is still impassible to small cars. Buses and trucks can make it, but not cars.

Indeed! In front of Tesco Pinklao is dry and also very little water between there and Central Pinklao (one soi drains onto Borom at that specific spot) basically a small nuisance for pedestrians . Tops inside Cen-Pin is open for business and has plenty or produce and meats.

But the Somdet Pra Pinklao from Arun Amarin to the intersection with Charansanitwong is still a good 50 to 60 cms deep. Near the median about 40 cms but on the curb it can reach even more than 60 cms.

From Borommaratchachonnnai to Tesco on Charansanitwong is dry. Past that point again 40 cms or so. Easy access to the big Tesco upstairs. An ingenious footpath made of pallets and shopping carts makes it easy to get to across the parking lot which is somewhat flooded. It is open and fairly well stocked. The lower level is a complete loss for the many small shop owners. It will be a slow climb for them.

Pictures taken yesterday November 15 at about 4 PM.

post-83280-0-31255700-1321403337_thumb.j

post-83280-0-81127900-1321403623_thumb.j

post-83280-0-28001800-1321404804_thumb.j

Edited by pisico

Suwintawong, from the Ramkhamheng junction heading toward Chachaeongsao (Highway 304), has dropped a little, but remains impassible to all but big trucks and 4 wheel drives (4-WD need to be careful and the driver needs to know the areas of the road to avoid).

A car and two regular pickups tried to get through yesterday, but ended up having to be towed out of the water.

Got a message via txt that the CaliWow in Pinklao had re-opened, so I decided to go back there instead of going into town to Asoke.

Well, true, Major and Central Pinklao had re-opened, but Boromratchachonnani, the road upon which these two are, is still impassible to small cars. Buses and trucks can make it, but not cars.

Indeed! In front of Tesco Pinklao is dry and also very little water between there and Central Pinklao (one soi drains onto Borom at that specific spot) basically a small nuisance for pedestrians . Tops inside Cen-Pin is open for business and has plenty or produce and meats.

But the Somdet Pra Pinklao from Arun Amarin to the intersection with Charansanitwong is still a good 50 to 60 cms deep. Near the median about 40 cms but on the curb it can reach even more than 60 cms.

From Borommaratchachonnnai to Tesco on Charansanitwong is dry. Past that point again 40 cms or so. Easy access to the big Tesco upstairs. An ingenious footpath made of pallets and shopping carts makes it easy to get to across the parking lot which is somewhat flooded. It is open and fairly well stocked. The lower level is a complete loss for the many small shop owners. It will be a slow climb for them.

Pictures taken yesterday November 15 at about 4 PM.

GM Link

post-120659-0-09996200-1321407542_thumb.

Suwintawong, from the Ramkhamheng junction heading toward Chachaeongsao (Highway 304), has dropped a little, but remains impassible to all but big trucks and 4 wheel drives (4-WD need to be careful and the driver needs to know the areas of the road to avoid).

A car and two regular pickups tried to get through yesterday, but ended up having to be towed out of the water.

GM Link

post-120659-0-38627300-1321408677_thumb.

My moobaan in central Khet TalingChan still flooded with around 1 meter of water...it peaked early last week at around 1.3 to 1.5 meters based on my one visit back when the water was chest high when standing in some moobaan streets and daily phone calls to neighbors who stayed. My moobaan is about 1Km south of the Southern Bus Terminal on Boromratchannee Rd...the terminal is closed due to flooding along that stretch of Boromratchannee Rd.. Water dropping "very slowly" in my moobaan...around 3 to 5cm per day...I'm keeping my fingers crossed this rate of drop will increase over the coming days...purely hope...no real reason why I'm thinking the water level will drop at a faster rate over the coming days. Water still too high for regular vehicles in my moobaan....boats still rule the moobaan sois. I won't go back until I get confirmation that he water is down to 50cm which my Toyota Fortuner SUV could easily handle....heck, I drove out of the moobaan when the water was almost 1 meter high in places...I was expecting the SUV to stall out any second but it didn't.

My moobaan in central Khet TalingChan still flooded with around 1 meter of water...it peaked early last week at around 1.3 to 1.5 meters based on my one visit back when the water was chest high when standing in some moobaan streets and daily phone calls to neighbors who stayed. My moobaan is about 1Km south of the Southern Bus Terminal on Boromratchannee Rd...the terminal is closed due to flooding along that stretch of Boromratchannee Rd.. Water dropping "very slowly" in my moobaan...around 3 to 5cm per day...I'm keeping my fingers crossed this rate of drop will increase over the coming days...purely hope...no real reason why I'm thinking the water level will drop at a faster rate over the coming days. Water still too high for regular vehicles in my moobaan....boats still rule the moobaan sois. I won't go back until I get confirmation that he water is down to 50cm which my Toyota Fortuner SUV could easily handle....heck, I drove out of the moobaan when the water was almost 1 meter high in places...I was expecting the SUV to stall out any second but it didn't.

GM Link

post-120659-0-18070900-1321417213_thumb.

Raminthra Soi 23 still has about 35 - 40cm water its entire route. Boats still servicing passengers. Large trucks geting through, though day by day smaller and smaller trucks can pass. Still too deep for cars.

Raminthra Soi 23 at Phaholyothin Soi 48 (aka "Soi Saiyut" on some maps) water remains around 30cm in front of my house. It's down 25cm from the crest, and drops a bit everyday.

Raminthra itself still trucks only both directions from around km4 west. I've not been further west than km2, which is soi 19. Large trucks can pass. East-bound lanes still has water much deeper than west-bound.

Foodland at Raminthra Soi 37 still closed.

Raminthra Soi 23 still has about 35 - 40cm water its entire route. Boats still servicing passengers. Large trucks geting through, though day by day smaller and smaller trucks can pass. Still too deep for cars.

Raminthra Soi 23 at Phaholyothin Soi 48 (aka "Soi Saiyut" on some maps) water remains around 30cm in front of my house. It's down 25cm from the crest, and drops a bit everyday.

Raminthra itself still trucks only both directions from around km4 west. I've not been further west than km2, which is soi 19. Large trucks can pass. East-bound lanes still has water much deeper than west-bound.

Foodland at Raminthra Soi 37 still closed.

GM Link Ram Intra / Soi 23

GM Link Phahon Yothin 48 / Ram Intra 23

GM Link Closed Foodland hereabouts

post-120659-0-72980800-1321424967_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

My wife and her friend just went to check the friend's house. She lives on Puttamonthon Sai 2 Rd, Taweewattana district and it still has about 1 - 1.5 meters of water. The police told her that Puttamonthon Sai 3 Rd, Taweewattana district as well as the "Beautiful Road" (that's the big road that runs directly east out of the big park south of Mihadol university) still has about the same amount of water also. They told her that if she really wanted to go look they would need to wait for a big army truck as her friend's 4x4 isn't tall enough to make it.

From Thai PBS 'Thailand's Worst Flood' English-language segment 15 Nov 2011, Dr Seree Supharatid and hosts Dr. Rungthip Chotnapalai, Mr. Suphajon Klinsuwan and Ms. Darin Klong-Ugkara got yet another 5 minutes of programming time covering, once again, only the Lat Krabang Industrial Estates situation (attach. 11_15f).

Additionally, the English-language segment covered a meeting with Netherlands water management experts regarding Lat Krabang IE (11_15e).

The Thai-Language segment was much longer and three additional Thai-Language flood maps were discussed:

Map 1 - Western Bangkok ) 11_15a

Map 2 - Central Bangkok) 11_15c

Map 3 - Central Eastern Bangkok) 11_15g

So there you have it:

1) English-language presentation covered only Lat Krabang Industrial Estate

2) Thai-Language presentation covered Lat Krabang (image not attached) as well as three additional Bangkok areas.

Draw your own conclusions.

View the entire English-language segment of Thai PBS 'Thailand's Worst Flood' 15 Nov 2011

post-120659-0-37262300-1321426858_thumb.

post-120659-0-38328100-1321427176_thumb.

post-120659-0-32433000-1321427567_thumb.

post-120659-0-14992400-1321427680_thumb.

post-120659-0-03833600-1321427861_thumb.

Edited by MaxYakov

Can anyone tell me about Viphavadi Rangsit from Bang Khen (Viphavadi Hospital area) to Laksi? Is it passable in a Fortuner (i.e. less than 35cm at its deepest)?

I drove from Viphavade 64 to the tollway entrance in front of IT Square... water level was borderline but passable. Just want to see if I will have trouble getting from Bang Khen tollway exit back up to Laksi.

Thanks!

My wife and her friend just went to check the friend's house. She lives on Puttamonthon Sai 2 Rd, Taweewattana district and it still has about 1 - 1.5 meters of water. The police told her that Puttamonthon Sai 3 Rd, Taweewattana district as well as the "Beautiful Road" (that's the big road that runs directly east out of the big park south of Mihadol university) still has about the same amount of water also. They told her that if she really wanted to go look they would need to wait for a big army truck as her friend's 4x4 isn't tall enough to make it.

Please use Google Maps (or whatever method you're comfortable with) to replace the '?' in the following for each location: 13.???? 100.???? and then get back to us with the values.

Edited by MaxYakov

Please use Google Maps (or whatever method you're comfortable with) to replace the '?' in the following for each location: 13.???? 100.???? and then get back to us with the values.

This is the location for the "Beautiful Road" mentionned by mrwebb8825:

http://maps.google.com/?ll=13.777609,100.356438&spn=0.016068,0.032938&t=h&z=16&vpsrc=6

Scott, thanks for update. I have my house up on Hatairat 7, will be back in Bangkok the 26 nov. lets hope it´s a bit dryer by then.

Hi, does anyone have any information about the depth of water in Breuksa B, khlong 3, and also around Rangsit market/Apartments? I would like to bring my family back from Buriram but I have only a Ford Fiesta sedan, so it can't do deep water.

The area around Thai Air and Sutthisan, south of Lad prao intersection, is now dry. I am on Vipavadi soi 16.

My sub-soi is directly next to a klong, and for a while it seemed that the Big Bag Break was having a negative effect upon those of us 8 km south of the bags. The water in the soi has gone up and down (after a dry spell on Monday) for the past 36 hours, and flooded the garden (again). Not the end of the world, but we had spent 2 days cleaning up. This evening, all is dry.

I just got a taxi from Villa Aree all the way to LPrao and u-turned, as normal, to get back home. No water anywhere. The driver said that the JJ area is now dry.

Saphan Kwai is also dry and Big C in full swing. So, it seems very unlikely that Vic Monument will be affected.

I am hoping that the worst is over, at least around here. Sure, we have not suffered as some have, but things were bad enough to leave the area for nine days.

Eddy

Edited by pauleddy

Chalermprakiat 28 near the Rama IX park is still dry, but some soi's on Chalermprakiat (Udomsook)nearer the motorway are well under water. Interestingly, we noticed late this afternoon that water on Chalermprakiat 28 had come up the drains. It was drying when we got home, so clearly they are making adjustments. In two days, the water in the main khlong near us has risen from 17 cm to 88 cm. It doesn't normally travel this fast. South of us is Samut Prakan and it seems they are trying to drive water as quickly as possible through Prawet (via khlongs and drains) to Samut Prakan and then to the ocean or rivers while we are still in low tide.

Chalermprakiat 28 near the Rama IX park is still dry, but some soi's on Chalermprakiat (Udomsook)nearer the motorway are well under water. Interestingly, we noticed late this afternoon that water on Chalermprakiat 28 had come up the drains. It was drying when we got home, so clearly they are making adjustments. In two days, the water in the main khlong near us has risen from 17 cm to 88 cm. It doesn't normally travel this fast. South of us is Samut Prakan and it seems they are trying to drive water as quickly as possible through Prawet (via khlongs and drains) to Samut Prakan and then to the ocean or rivers while we are still in low tide.

GM Link Probably ...

post-120659-0-55677400-1321490405_thumb.

Vorranuch posted the map link. (this forum won't let me for some reason) The link posted also shows my new school on Puttamonthon Sai 3 soi 17 that I can't get to for signing my new contract. :(

Vorranuch posted the map link. (this forum won't let me for some reason) The link posted also shows my new school on Puttamonthon Sai 3 soi 17 that I can't get to for signing my new contract. :(

GM Link Saw that (Thanks, Vorranuch), but I requested Lat/Lon coordinate values, not a 'map link'. Surely, this forum would let you post those values, yes? Anyway, Good Luck with your contract. Don't they have boats out there?

post-120659-0-82168900-1321492892_thumb.

Hi Everyone,

I have to drive from Chonburi to Nakhon Sawan tomorrow.

Does anyone have an update on the Ringroad East number 9 Kanchanpisek. Is it possible to pass with a normal car? A couple of days ago the area around lamlukka was still flooded.

Also does anyone know whether the Wang Noi Bang pa in intersection is open connecting the 9 with the 1 going into the 32 to ayuthaya?

Thanks!