How To Create A Facebook Company Url

bkkmick

When you go to facebook.com, not signed in as anyone, below the sign-up button is a text-link saying "Create a Page for a celebrity, band or business." That will lead you through the process.

You'll need an existing facebook personal or business account or create one during the process.

Edited by phaethon

Hmmm

I managed to go through the process using IE (in Chrome when I selected that I already have an account it wasn't refreshing the page correctly).

Now that I comleted the process I get the URL in the format http://www.facebook.com/pages/desiredpagename/4234234234243242. Not exactly a friendly URL.

Still scratching my head.

Mick

Hmmm

Still scratching my head.

OK login as whatever user you set up the site.

Goto the URL http://www.facebook.com/username/ - don't substitute your username in that URL, just as it is.

Follow the instructions. Note you can set a username for your account and for each individual page for your business.

The usernames can only be set once and cannot be changed later - choose wisely and double-check your typing.

fb.jpg

Edited by phaethon

I've put my mobile number in and am awaiting the code to progress.

Oh yes, that reminds me... You'll be getting floods of text-spam, mostly in Thai, unless you deactivate once confirmed:

How do I stop/deactivate Facebook Mobile Texts?

To stop Facebook notifications from being sent to your phone, you can simply text "Off" (without quotation marks) to the number that you send your status updates to. You will receive a text message back confirming that Facebook texts are now off. Alternatively, you can go to the Mobile tab of your Account Settings page and change your settings to "Off." Note that you can still send text messages to the same number to update your status or take actions Facebook. You can also choose to completely remove a number from your account on this page by clicking "remove" next to the phone number that you wish to remove.

Now that I comleted the process I get the URL in the format http://www.facebook.com/pages/desiredpagename/4234234234243242. Not exactly a friendly URL.

It won't let you create a custom Facebook URL until your page has 25 likes.

Mike is correct. You will need to promote the generic URL initially, and find 25 people to "Like" your business page before you can change the generic URL to a custom name.

Mike is correct. You will need to promote the generic URL initially, and find 25 people to "Like" your business page before you can change the generic URL to a custom name.

I just added a url to a page with only 14 likes... and I recall creating a URL for my personal account the day I created it.

Edited by phaethon

I just added a url to a page with only 14 likes... and I recall creating a URL for my personal account the day I created it.

Anything is possible with Facebook, the interface is full of bugs, I actually managed to create a custom URL on one of my pages, that only had 2 likes, but Facebook's own documentations states 25 likes and in most of the time this is case. Strangely I have gone through 5 or 6 pages that only have a few likes, all were ineligible for a custom URL except one, which has 4 likes and it allowed a custom URL.

So I would keep trying it from time to time you never know.

I just found this article that throw some light, if the account only has one page it may work.

http://just-ask-kim.com/facebook-custom-vanity-url-no-like-requirements/

Thanks all.

It's for my Mrs. business.

I put a Facebook badge on the home page of her website and it says that it has 34 Likes.

I tried putting in my mobile number and her mobile number but it never sends the confirmation code.

Where's that drawing board?

Mick