November 18, 201114 yr The VDO electronic display in my Audi A4 is not working...the dealer says,that the whole instrument panel needs to be replaced ($$),so does anybody here have any other less costly suggestions ? ...and the AC control display is going off sometimes as well...a little tapping sometimes help...sometimes not.....I do have a mechanic,who is pretty good in most cases,but with this problem,he is not much of a help.:jap:
November 18, 201114 yr If tapping works, it's likely just a dry solder joint.. I'd be taking it to the geek at local electronics repair shop, who will actually try to repair it - it's way over the head of a mechanic, so they'll just want to replace the lot.
November 18, 201114 yr Agree with the above, pull the beast and get it to the local telly man, just get him to check and re solder any likely looking joints. "I don't want to know why you can't. I want to know how you can!"
Create an account or sign in to comment