Using Non-true Modem

samran

Apologies in advance as I think my topic is probably quite similar to this onehere, but I am a bit of techo idiot so I need a bit of advice.

I have just signed up to True ADSL broadband, where they have sent me a Hawei MT800 ADSL modem, which works fine. Used the set-up disk which came with it which installed this modem.

However, I have a Belkin ADSL Modem with wireless router which I bought over with me from the UK, so I can use my laptop anywhere in the house.

I'm having difficulty however getting it connected. Now, to re-configure the set-up for the belkin modem I simply type in the IP address that came with it into IE. This brings up a screen in IE where I can cange my settings.

Once in there, I have changed the set up so it has my new True user ID and password, and I have changed the protocol from PPPoA (used in the UK) to PPPoE which I believe is used here in Thailand.

However, once done (which is all I had to do in the UK when I hooked up my Virgin service there), I still get no connection to the internet.

Can someone advise if I have missed a step, or need to do something else. Not particularly keen on calling True, as I beleive technically I'm not supposed to be using anything else.

Cheers

Samran.