2X Tourist Visa Out Of Loas But Now A Catch

Is there any happier feeling than when you see that double entry for Thailand in your passport? I got a multi (3 stamp 400 days in Thailand so far). Got it in Vientiene (That place is SOOOOO boring) The catch was now I have a nice little red stamp that says "The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the future". Out of our group 90% of the people got one of those stamps(Including 1st TV's) the other 10% flat out got refused visas. They were brutal with the Filipinos the lady denied 50% of them right off the bat. Here is to another 6 months of happiness in Thailand!

It seems ridiculous that people applying for their first tourist visa were also given a stamp stating "The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in the refusal of a visa in the future", because it simply isn't true, unless they were referring to previous back-to-back tourist visas, but that still seems a bit harsh to me.

They'll refuse some people for a while. Everyone will get scared that they can't get a tourist visa, and the authorities will gain some face. People will go to other embassies/consulates for their tourist visas. Wait a few weeks and the embassy/consulate in Laos will be handing out double entry tourist visas to everyone again.

For the time being, let the fear mongering commence.

Has nothing to do with fear mongering I don't think you read what I said I got a 2x TV with 2 stamps already so it was a success but now they are stamping passports with that nice little message. Easy process no hassles. But there were 3 people in our group who got denied these were people with 4+ stamps. We were just surprised that they gave someone with their first TV one of those red stamps. I am not complaining I am happy as hell!! I have been stressing on this since August now I get to enjoy another 6 months in a country with all its flaws is still being a better place to live than home. Phom Jai di Thailand mak mak khrup. Also if you notice the wording it is not absolute. It comes down to who has the fixers going. Lets face it this process is about $$ not higher moral ground. Heck they opened the border at 5:30am for us and the guy was driving a car that lets just say was nothing short of beyond 95% of the common person in Thailand. Do I care that he had a high end brand new SUV? hell no if it helps me he can have a Ferrari for all I care. My message was so people know not to stress you can get a double no problem as long as you are not running 4+ stamps.

Is there any happier feeling than when you see that double entry for Thailand in your passport?

Well yes, when I see my 12 month Non-Imm visa.

Personally I think it's good to see a crack down on repeated Tourist Visas given in neighbouring countries.

99.9% of these people are obviously not tourists.

For some reason that I cannot fathom, many Westerners feel they have some sort of birth right to live here. :huh:

TV 2x so 60 X 2 + 30 X 2 extension 180 days. So now for this trip I had a 3X (Los Angles) US Visa 2X Cambodian (PP) visa and now a 2X Laotian(VV) visa.

a 60 day tourist visa is only active for 180 days,

you certainly must like travelling .

:jap:

Nope embassy VieneTien double entry visa so 60 days on entry +30 extension 1900baht leave and return before the expiration and come back and get another 60 days +30. I like traveling I do not mind going out every 90 and spending a couple days enjoying the sites of the neighboring countries in the region. I am not a teacher but someone taking a hiatus so the comment up top about 99.9% is 99.9% stupid. It is that "I am special because my visa says so" attitude. The people who think that for some reason the Thais give half a s**t about them being "Special" is comical. Money is money chappy not everyone is here for the whores and some of us can afford to spend a few leisure years in the early 40's to enjoy the last remnants of not being a creepo old man chasing 18 year girls. =)

Nope embassy VieneTien double entry visa so 60 days on entry +30 extension 1900baht leave and return before the expiration and come back and get another 60 days +30.

60+30+60+30 = 180

are you american ? :whistling:

:jap:

Is there any happier feeling than when you see that double entry for Thailand in your passport?

Well yes, when I see my 12 month Non-Imm visa.

Personally I think it's good to see a crack down on repeated Tourist Visas given in neighbouring countries.

99.9% of these people are obviously not tourists.

For some reason that I cannot fathom, many Westerners feel they have some sort of birth right to live here. :huh:

Obviously a 12 month Non-Immigrant visa is preferable to a tourist visa for anyone wanting to stay here indefinitely.

What annoys me is the fact that people fortunate enough to stay here without having to work are required to travel back home to apply for a new Non-Immigrant visa because they can't meet the marriage / child / 50 years of age or older criteria. Personally I quite like going back home once a year but occasionally, for whatever reason, it's not convenient to do so.

Obviously a 12 month Non-Immigrant visa is preferable to a tourist visa for anyone wanting to stay here indefinitely.

No, it's preferable for anyone wanting to stay here longer than 3 months.

Edit:

Sorry, 60 days.

Edited by hehehoho

No, it's preferable for anyone wanting to stay here longer than 3 months.

Edit:

Sorry, 60 days.

Correct, but I was referring to the OP, who appears to want to stay here indefinitely.

What we don't know - or what isn't clear to me - is whether the OP originally came here on a 12 month visa which has now expired. In which case I see nothing wrong with using tourist visas to stay here if, like me, you don't qualify for renewing the 12 month visa in a neighbouring country due to not meeting the marriage / child / 50 years of age+ criteria, that is assuming you're of decent character and contribute to the country in some way. Of course we all know there are plenty of people here on tourist visas who are working illegally (or whatever else) and contributing very little to the country.

My message was so people know not to stress you can get a double no problem as long as you are not running 4+ stamps.

This advice is just plain wrong. There has never been a hard and fast rule about when you will get a tourist visa and when you won't. The worst part is that your "advice" does not take into consideration nationality.

I made this mistake a couple of years ago when I (Australia) went there with my Filipino girlfriend - I got one, she was refused.

It was silly of me to assume that all nationalities would be treated equal. People from around the world read and post on this forum.

If you mean me? No I got original visa from the LA consulate a triple Tourist visa ( Same with the previous year but only stayed 3 months) I got almost 240 days out of it then got another double TV from PP in May now I just got my last one in Laos no problems. I could not live in Thailand forever sometimes it can be boring between exploring Thailand,Laos,Cambodia and hanging out in Bkk. I do not work illegally I don't need too.I am far from rich far from poor and I have the time to enjoy the years of hard work before the world economy collapses. This visa got me right to where I wanted to be. May is when its the start of the most beautiful part of where I am from. I think working on a TV is bulls**t because you put yourself at the mercy of the shady puppy mill mall school system the pays tea money. I live well so I am spending plenty of money to be an asset. I don't drink or go whoring so most of my largeness is spread about the neighborhood.

My message was so people know not to stress you can get a double no problem as long as you are not running 4+ stamps.

This advice is just plain wrong. There has never been a hard and fast rule about when you will get a tourist visa and when you won't.

This is odd, from a poster who promises other posters that they'll be 100% certain to get a double-entry tourist visa.

This advice is just plain wrong. There has never been a hard and fast rule about when you will get a tourist visa and when you won't. The worst part is that your "advice" does not take into consideration nationality.

I made this mistake a couple of years ago when I (Australia) went there with my Filipino girlfriend - I got one, she was refused.

It was silly of me to assume that all nationalities would be treated equal. People from around the world read and post on this forum.

evob/\---->They were brutal with the Filipinos the lady denied 50%(fixer time!) of them right off the bat,Out of our group 90% of the people got one of those stamps(Including 1st TV's) the other 10% flat out got refused visas<---- /\bove Ok let me rephrase it because I also spoke with an Immigration person(Not going to list Sex/Rank/Or location because they were candid about it) a few weeks back(They are really friendly people if you are polite and respectful) if you are American or European and not African or Filipino you should not run into any problems. That is just as strait as the person said it. As far as who posts here I would guess 85%+ come from the US/Europe/Australia/Kiwis/South America. I do not see many Africans/Chinese/Japansese/Mongols/Fijians/Kazistanis/Pakistanis/Jamaicans/Wake Islanders or Indians posting on this site.

Edited by BigRick

This advice is just plain wrong. There has never been a hard and fast rule about when you will get a tourist visa and when you won't.

This is odd, from a poster who promises other posters that they'll be 100% certain to get a double-entry tourist visa.

You must be dreaming or looking for an argument. I've never promised anything of the sort.

If you mean me? No I got original visa from the LA consulate a triple Tourist visa ( Same with the previous year but only stayed 3 months) I got almost 240 days out of it then got another double TV from PP in May now I just got my last one in Laos no problems. I could not live in Thailand forever sometimes it can be boring between exploring Thailand,Laos,Cambodia and hanging out in Bkk. I do not work illegally I don't need too.I am far from rich far from poor and I have the time to enjoy the years of hard work before the world economy collapses. This visa got me right to where I wanted to be. May is when its the start of the most beautiful part of where I am from. I think working on a TV is bulls**t because you put yourself at the mercy of the shady puppy mill mall school system the pays tea money. I live well so I am spending plenty of money to be an asset. I don't drink or go whoring so most of my largeness is spread about the neighborhood.

I wasn't accusing you of working here illegally or anything like that, I was just addressing hehehoho's post and at the end mentioned the fact that there are plenty of questionable people here using tourist visas to stay. You state you have the money to be here and enjoy travelling around the region, no different to myself and many other people. However, if and when you do return to Thailand from your home country it might be worth using a Non-Immigrant 12 month visa if possible, to eliminate the risk of any refused tourist visas from neighbouring countries - you've had no problems so far but you can't guarantee this will continue in the future. If you apply for a multiple entry 12 month Non-Imm visa you'll still be able to leave and re-enter Thailand if you want to explore the region further.

I wasn't accusing you of working here illegally or anything like that, I was just addressing hehehoho's post and at the end mentioned the fact that there are plenty of questionable people here using tourist visas to stay. You state you have the money to be here and enjoy travelling around the region, no different to myself and many other people. However, if and when you do return to Thailand from your home country it might be worth using a Non-Immigrant 12 month visa if possible, to eliminate the risk of any refused tourist visas from neighbouring countries - you've had no problems so far but you can't guarantee this will continue in the future. If you apply for a multiple entry 12 month Non-Imm visa you'll still be able to leave and re-enter Thailand if you want to explore the region further.

I am far away from being 50, do not want to get married,Do not feel the need to waste my time taking language classes because its not applicable to business like Chinese/Japanese (I already speak Vietnamese/Thai so that is enough regional SE Asian languages) and there is no way in that I am going through all the hassles of buying a business. If I don't get another visa "big deal" time to try Central or South America even possibly India. The world is a big place plenty of things to see I just enjoy the people,culture,food and sites of Thailand and the neighboring countries. Besides, I need to try a Burmese woman so I can get that regional hat-trick Vietnamese/Thai/Cambodian/Laotian/Burmese(Hardest one of them all). Most of the teachers I meet work for crap wages (Vs Stateside/Euro) work long hours(Or no hours) and generally get treated like crap that would not fly in a professional work environment in any westernized society. Why bother when you can just work hard back home and enjoy a life of leisure here down the road with a good savings plan? I am here doing what I do because of a solid 10 years of good work ethic and stable employment in the IT industry. Who the hell wants to be 50-60 with money and no health? I rather be 40 with a reasonable amount of resources and knowing that I am enjoying the last years of not being one of those creepy fossils you see inhabiting every bar from Bkk to Phuket.

Edited by BigRick

You must be dreaming or looking for an argument. I've never promised anything of the sort.

I was just reading another one of these threads and you were promising a guy that he would definitely be given a double-entry 100%.

I was just reading another one of these threads and you were promising a guy that he would definitely be given a double-entry 100%.

Could you provide the link where I promised a person he would get a double entry tourist visa. There are situations where a person has a very high probability of getting a tourist visa but that depends on many factors.

Above, probably in pursuit of an argument, you've extracted a single line from my reply to back up your statement.

Sure, it's still in my cache from last night.

To quote you:

If a person is refused a tourist visa in Vientiane due to having too many stickers in their passport, then a new passport will guarantee them a new visa.

And other posts promising a poster 100% success.

It just strikes me as an odd contradiction.

Sure, it's still in my cache from last night.

To quote you:

If a person is refused a tourist visa in Vientiane due to having too many stickers in their passport, then a new passport will guarantee them a new visa.

And other posts promising a poster 100% success.

http://www.thaivisa....t/page__st__225

It just strikes me as an odd contradiction.

As I said, you're after an argument.

Why else would you bring out an old post where I explained that my Filipino GF who was REFUSED a tourist visa got one after obtaining a new passport.

That's a different topic. Here we are discussing the success of obtaining a new tourist visa with a specific number of stickers in a passport with no regard to nationality. My comment, which you took out of context - there is no hard and fast rule.

Has nothing to do with fear mongering I don't think you read what I said I got a 2x TV with 2 stamps already so it was a success but now they are stamping passports with that nice little message. Easy process no hassles. But there were 3 people in our group who got denied these were people with 4+ stamps. We were just surprised that they gave someone with their first TV one of those red stamps. I am not complaining I am happy as hell!! I have been stressing on this since August now I get to enjoy another 6 months in a country with all its flaws is still being a better place to live than home. Phom Jai di Thailand mak mak khrup. Also if you notice the wording it is not absolute. It comes down to who has the fixers going. Lets face it this process is about $ not higher moral ground. Heck they opened the border at 5:30am for us and the guy was driving a car that lets just say was nothing short of beyond 95% of the common person in Thailand. Do I care that he had a high end brand new SUV? hell no if it helps me he can have a Ferrari for all I care. My message was so people know not to stress you can get a double no problem as long as you are not running 4+ stamps.

I read exactly what you wrote. You got a double entry tourist visa. Well done! Some people also got a message saying that they might be refused next time they apply. This is the embassy/consulate trying to be hard on people with too many tourists visas. My point was - it doesn't matter. It might be hard now, but in a couple months or even weeks, it will be back to normal. Just go to a different consulate for the time being.

So basically, if this is your first or second time applying for a tourist visa, you'll be okay. Of course you'll be okay, there would be nothing to suggest that you're not a genuine tourist.

If you're applying for the third or fourth time, you might be refused or get a 'nice little message' as you described it. It's pretty obvious that if you're applying for a third or fourth consecutive double entry tourist visa, you might not be a 'tourist'. We know this and they know this.

My point again is - if you keep applying for too many tourist visas, it doesn't look good. If you keep applying for too many tourist visas from the same embassy/consulate (especially from ones in neighbouring countries) it's taking the piss. Go to a different consulate.

Last point; when I said 'let the fear mongering commence' I didn't mean you were fear mongering. I meant let the other TV members contribute with their fear mongering. Hence, let the fear mongering commence. Commence meaning 'start'. I didn't say 'let the fear mongering continue' did I???? I am simply leaving messages for people who are worried - not to worry.

Where there's a will, there's a way. And believe me, in Thailand there's always a f***ing will.

Edited by rkidlad

That is wishfull thinking. The "new" rule has been n effect for quite some time already and appears not as much a decison from an individual consulate, but from the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs that wants consulates to thighten up.

That was the impression I got.I know a few people that deal with this issue. They are cracking down but not too hard. I also get the impression that its all about the method of how you go about it. You can do it yourself and get gobbled up by the mass of people using visa run services and open yourself up to a lot more scrutiny because those services push many passports the sticker on your passport denotes a little bit more effort to guarantee a stamp. As I mentioned the guy personally came down at 5:30am to process paperwork. Does it make it illegal? No, he was just a hard working Thai border person that decided to start work 1/2 hour early and ours just happen to be the only group there. It seems very clear the whole process helps more than a few people here and there to make a little extra spending money. The end result is to get a clean legal visa that is as much of a hassle free process possible. I hate the point A to B but I have not problem enjoying another country this is a great region.