2X Tourist Visa Out Of Loas But Now A Catch

Obviously a 12 month Non-Immigrant visa is preferable to a tourist visa for anyone wanting to stay here indefinitely.

How do I get this if I'm not 50 or married?

Invest. Work. Or study.

There's no real need for visas for others, as they have no right to live or stay here beyond tourism.

Though I have to say that many people seem to think they have some sort of right to simply choose any country in the world to move to, then live there without legally doing one of the above.

And it comes as quite a surprise to them that they can't.

It's odd Western behaviour.

You seem to say that over and over on these forums. I guess it's an idea that really fascinates you.

Not really, but a little bit.

It comes up again and again and again. It always strikes me as slightly odd that the simple concept of them having no right to live here simply doesn't enter their thought process.

It would make an interesting psychological study. 'Why can't so many Westerners grasp that they haven't got a right to live in Thailand without marrying, working, investing or studying there?'

I'm not sure why you're becoming aggressive and repeatedly mentioning fights and arguments.

I'm simply pointing out the contradiction, and then the subsequent lie you made. No biggie.

You took my old post out of context and used it as evidence that I lied.

There were no lies. You just twisted it to seem like it was - therefore it became obvious you were pushing for an argument.

I am not advocating that people get new passports to get tourist visas. My girlfriend did that 2 years ago, but she needed a new passport anyway as she was on her very last page.

Actually both threads are based on the same topic. Tourist Visas in Vientiane and the possibilities of having issues.

In this thread you say 'There has never been a hard and fast rule about when you will get a tourist visa and when you won't.' When a poster mentions that under certain criteria there won't be any problem receiving a double-entry visa.

In the other thread on the same topic you are clearly seen promising a poster that he will get a tourist visa 100% for certain.

You are then lying about doing such on here.

No biggie, not sure why you're hunting for a fight or argument.

Though I have to say that many people seem to think they have some sort of right to simply choose any country in the world to move to, then live there without legally doing one of the above.

And it comes as quite a surprise to them that they can't.

It's odd Western behaviour.

Yeah! There certainly aren't any foreigners overstaying their visas in the USA! whistling.gif

Not too sure what the USA has to do with Tourist Visas in Thailand to be honest.

But yes, I'm sure there's plenty of illegal immigrants in the USA trying to work and provide for their family back in developing nations. A very difficult life I wouldn't wish on anyone.

What was your actual point, if I may ask? :huh:

Edited by hehehoho

Actually both threads are based on the same topic. Tourist Visas in Vientiane and the possibilities of having issues.

In this thread you say 'There has never been a hard and fast rule about when you will get a tourist visa and when you won't.' When a poster mentions that under certain criteria there won't be any problem receiving a double-entry visa.

In the other thread on the same topic you are clearly seen promising a poster that he will get a tourist visa 100% for certain.

You are then lying about doing such on here.

No biggie, not sure why you're hunting for a fight or argument.

It is you who started off by suggesting that I'm contradicting myself and lying - and you still continue without letup.

In the other thread (which you kindly linked) I was discussing the success of getting a tourist visa with a brand new passport - which I still believe is 100%... however this is a drastic measure and hardly a recommended way to obtain a tourist visa - but yes, 100% successful unless you did something stupid like swearing at a consular officer or going in nude.

In this thread we are discussing the success of getting a visa with "x" number of previous tourist visas in an old passport. It is with previous tourist visas in one's passport that there is no hard-and-fast rule about how many will result in failure and nationality comes into play as has been discussed for years on here.

As an obvious anal retentive you need to have everything spelled out so you don't take stuff out of context. Just stick with the subject of a thread without linking unrelated topics and you may find it easier.

Edited by tropo

That is wishfull thinking. The "new" rule has been n effect for quite some time already and appears not as much a decison from an individual consulate, but from the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs that wants consulates to thighten up.

That was the impression I got.I know a few people that deal with this issue. They are cracking down but not too hard. I also get the impression that its all about the method of how you go about it. You can do it yourself and get gobbled up by the mass of people using visa run services and open yourself up to a lot more scrutiny because those services push many passports the sticker on your passport denotes a little bit more effort to guarantee a stamp. As I mentioned the guy personally came down at 5:30am to process paperwork. Does it make it illegal? No, he was just a hard working Thai border person that decided to start work 1/2 hour early and ours just happen to be the only group there. It seems very clear the whole process helps more than a few people here and there to make a little extra spending money. The end result is to get a clean legal visa that is as much of a hassle free process possible. I hate the point A to B but I have not problem enjoying another country this is a great region.

BigRick, were you part of an organised visa run,?

You numbers dont seem to add up,you say 10% of your group were refused (Filipino)I think you mention 3 in number,which to me reads that their were 30 in your group altogether,and travelling in a nice new SUV,MMM a thirty seater SUV.