Obama Hails Thai PM's 'Inspirational' Election Win

webfact

Thaksin and his family/proxies are globalists - no wonder the puppet Obama and the banksters like them. I prefer the stance of the king, to keep out of the global scam and push for Thai independence, moving more people from the cities to work on the land and create real wealth and self-support before the international vampires get a real hold on Thailand, too.

Yes, sound advice. Isolation. Its works for the North Koreans. tongue.gif

Edited by ThailandMan

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he know anything about Thailand exceptit is a country.

With strategically placed airstrips big enough for a B52.

Bolden flew more than 100 combat missions in North and South Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, while stationed in Namphong, Thailand, from 1972-1973.

http://www.usna.edu/admissions/Notables/Astronauts/bios/1968bolden.html

Being just down the road from Namphong and not in the mood for painting I thought of conspiracy theories as a way to pass the time until the first Leo beckons.

Merely pointing out that Thailand and The US were on opposing sides 70 years ago, and then 30 years later assisted The US with a problem they had with another country just to the East, so saying 'old allies' is a bit of a stretch.

But, as others have said, it's only Diplospeak and what is said to the microphone can vary widely with what is said behind closed doors.

begin removed ...

Of course, in the end, countries just want to be prosperous, so they will do what's in their best interests whether it comes from China or the US or EU.

True, giving in may also be in 'best interest' when a big and powerful brother leans on you :ermm:

Agreed.

I imagine that those who get their news from TVF and the Nation are surprised to learn that much of Thailand and the rest of the world doesn't view her brother as the second Antichrist, much to their chagrin. I find it especially amusing to see him vilified because he is a convicted criminal, while the people who supported and engineered a coup to overthrow a twice elected government walk around free. Double standards, much?

And the almost 3000 he killed in his war against drugs (half of them didn't had anything to do with drugs) don't view him anymore and don't walk around anymore.

'Inspirational'? Free Tablets, 300B min wage, a convicted criminal's sister playing divide and conquer! Please!!

wait a second, he wants to curry favor with women's groups. B)

Well look what Obama promised and what he did. She is a puppet of her brother, Obama is a puppet of the Banksters and weapon industry. No wonder they understand each other very well.

So what is Obama after from Thailand. Does he really think it was an Inspirational Victory?

America heed the warning signs. Me thinks that you have Presidential elections coming up soon?

jb1

It's called politics, ain't it? They say these nice things in public. It's really not a whole lot different in any country with 'positive' international diplomacy. He would have said the same thing if the election weren't near.

What would you expect him to say? "PM Yingluck, you know I want to tell you how shocked I was when you won the election. I called my wife over from the kitchen to check it out on the TV, and she said 'well, she's certainly a knockout gorgeous woman for her age, Barack'. Of course, I didn't confirm anything with my wife Michelle because any man knows that its a setup to reaffirm something like that. But, now that we're here, I want to let you know that I think you are gorgeous. Anyway, good luck with the water. The city looks crazy. Hey, where can I find a good Indonesian restaurant in Bangkok?"

Perhaps he should have not mentioned it in his speech. That it was an Inspirational Victory. As it was won based on total B/S and lies.

You are correct. I think he would have been better off using the speech that you prepared for him. The pity is it wasn't avaiable to him at the time. ;)

jb1

So what is Obama after from Thailand. Does he really think it was an Inspirational Victory?

America heed the warning signs. Me thinks that you have Presidential elections coming up soon?

jb1

It's called politics, ain't it? They say these nice things in public. It's really not a whole lot different in any country with 'positive' international diplomacy. He would have said the same thing if the election weren't near.

What would you expect him to say? "PM Yingluck, you know I want to tell you how shocked I was when you won the election. I called my wife over from the kitchen to check it out on the TV, and she said 'well, she's certainly a knockout gorgeous woman for her age, Barack'. Of course, I didn't confirm anything with my wife Michelle because any man knows that its a setup to reaffirm something like that. But, now that we're here, I want to let you know that I think you are gorgeous. Anyway, good luck with the water. The city looks crazy. Hey, where can I find a good Indonesian restaurant in Bangkok?"

Perhaps he should have not mentioned it in his speech. That it was an Inspirational Victory. As it was won based on total B/S and lies.

You are correct. I think he would have been better off using the speech that you prepared for him. The pity is it wasn't avaiable to him at the time. ;)

jb1

:) haha. Well, I can't disagree with approving of honesty.

Yingluck was elected in July, great inteligence and research job, maybe he should keep his nose out of Thailands affairs and try and fix his own economy.

This just gives credence to the Thaksin amnesty issue.

'Inspirational'? Free Tablets, 300B min wage, a convicted criminal's sister playing divide and conquer! Please!!

wait a second, he wants to curry favor with women's groups. B)

Well look what Obama promised and what he did. She is a puppet of her brother, Obama is a puppet of the Banksters and weapon industry. No wonder they understand each other very well.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. The US is certainly looking for friends in Asia and is strategically scouting for defence "partners" here at the moment, Australia inparticular. It views 2 major threats here in Asia - China and North Korea.

The US should certainly not overlook the strength of the Sino/Thai relationship nor the domestic allegiance of the Thai army. If the armed forces decide that they don't want the US on their doorstep or switch from US arms suppliers (as they have for fighter jets) then Yingluck might be biting off more than she is capable of delivering.

So many people are being silly here. The US prefers stability. Why should the US stir up trouble?

Thailand is free to elect who ever they want and they elected YS. There are many more evil governments in the world that Thailand's current (or past) administrations.

Don't blame Obama for being diplomatic.

Diplomacy had nothing t do with it.

It was a statement made out of ignorance.

A simple very good to meet you would have sufficed.

The only saving grace he has for a reelection is his opponents can't agree.

But that is another topic.

Any American president of any ideology would have made a similar statement. Let's live in the real world, OK?

He said "Inspirational election" . Nothing to do with her winning. No coups or civil wars, minimal murders, quite inspirational for Thailand.cool.gif

Agreed. It's not his fault that the best Thailand could do was a Thaksin clone.

Obama hails Thai PM's 'inspirational' election win??

jb1

He said "Inspirational election" . Nothing to do with her winning. No coups or civil wars, minimal murders, quite inspirational for Thailand.cool.gif

jb1

I think the subtext here is about feminism. Even though Yingluck came into the job clearly unqualified, from the American point of view (which I do support on this) it is a positive development symbolically anywhere in the world when women gain positions of high power. A bit hypocritical considering the U.S. still hasn't had a women president, but the sentiment is there.

Edited by Jingthing

Diplomacy had nothing t do with it.

It was a statement made out of ignorance.

A simple very good to meet you would have sufficed.

The only saving grace he has for a reelection is his opponents can't agree.

But that is another topic.

Any American president of any ideology would have made a similar statement. Let's live in the real world, OK?

Correct. Despite the government in power, when ASEAN boundaries fall it may be Thailand that the US will deal with to hold sway in Cambodia, Laos and Burma.

Eyes ri

jb1

I think the subtext here is about feminism. Even though Yingluck came into the job clearly unqualified, from the American point of view (which I do support on this) it is a positive development symbolically anywhere in the world when women gain positions of high power. A bit hypocritical considering the U.S. still hasn't had a women president, but the sentiment is there.

Eyes right Aaa-bout turn. You have gone completely off topic. :lol:

jb1

I thought the news from Bali would reduce the PAD tendency to incoherent spluttering, of which the above silly nonsense is a splendid example.

I imagine that those who get their news from TVF and the Nation are surprised to learn that much of Thailand and the rest of the world doesn't view her brother as the second Antichrist, much to their chagrin. I find it especially amusing to see him vilified because he is a convicted criminal, while the people who supported and engineered a coup to overthrow a twice elected government walk around free. Double standards, much?

They have ignorance for an excuse; what's yours?

Eyes right Aaa-bout turn. You have gone completely off topic. :lol:

jb1

You are speaking a slang I am not familiar with. Anyway, especially in Hillary's case, it was obvious she was into the girl power aspect here.

Sorry I will try to make it easy for you. You have managed some how to go completely :offtopic: OK

jb1

It's just diplomatic sugar water. Also, it's no secret America supports even BS elections over coups, and is OK with any elected government that isn't an enemy.

Agreed.

What's not being said is whats interesting.

This is a circle wagons major league world class disaster...

sooo what do you do?

Circle the wagons, expend from the endless supply of platitudes,

and get the damage fixed ASAP, so the business world can get back to

making products.

jb1

Very simple. China has become a major influence in this region in a very short period of time. The US wants to get support from friends, including Thailand and Australia, to re-establish a power base in the area. Like it or not, China has missiles that can easily take out American bases in Korea, Japan and Guam with very little warning. By controlling the sea lanes in the Indian Ocean the US can keep a leash on China's maritime trading with Africa and Middle East.