New Passport, Do I Need Entry-Stamp Transfered To New Passport?

I'm sure my question has been answered before, but I haven't found a topic covering it.

I recently got a new passport delivered to me from my country via DHL. I ordered a new one because my old one was a bit roughed up and nearly full.

My non-imm b visa has expired but I still have a month before I have to exit Thailand stamped into my old passport. I will be going to my home country of New Zealand for 1 month in a couple of weeks. Do I need to get my entry stamp from my old passport transfered to my new passport at immigration? Or can I just go to the airport with both passports and get processed normally?

Thanks in advanced for anyone who can let me know.

interesting

my (lao)wifes passport was full...she has a dependent extension of stay.(O)

went to NK immigration........transfer not necessary they said, because she already entered thailand with border stamp based on extension O in her new passport....just use 2 passports they said until we apply for a new extension of stay based on My non O retirement.

do i smell something fishy in my case based on your remark "if not an extension O"????????

hgma

If on a visa entry and not on an extension of stay you can just go to the airport with both passports.

But you could go to immigration and take care of it there. That way you don't have to worry about big lines at the airport.

Again, the procedure must depend on where you do it. A few years ago I went into Samui immigration to have it done and their "transfer process" was the stapler on the counter. They stapled the two passports together and if I remember right they charged me a fee to do it.

interesting

my (lao)wifes passport was full...she has a dependent extension of stay.(O)

went to NK immigration........transfer not necessary they said, because she already entered thailand with border stamp based on extension O in her new passport....just use 2 passports they said until we apply for a new extension of stay based on My non O retirement.

do i smell something fishy in my case based on your remark "if not an extension O"????????

hgma

If on a visa entry and not on an extension of stay you can just go to the airport with both passports.

But you could go to immigration and take care of it there. That way you don't have to worry about big lines at the airport.

Edited by wayned

because she already entered thailand with border stamp based on extension O in her new passport..

I read as she returned on a re-entry permit and got the entry stamp in new passport? Thus current entry is already in new passport so they do not need to change anything at this point? If new passport obtained in Thailand and used for exit believe she should have had transferred prior to travel. If new passport obtained outside Thailand that would not have been an option and entry is now in the new passport.

Correct!

.NK doesnt charge tea money as far as my family is concerned, never had.

NK = NongKhai by the way.

passport obtained in Vientiane ....got back the same day as lopburi stated on a re-entry (multiple) and got her usual stamp with reference to her/our expiry date of non o in 2012.

i asked because i need to go to Laos at the new crossing in nakhon......

newbee's are "usualy to the letter"

i keep you posted

hgma

quote name='merijn' timestamp='1321753105' post='4859214']

No need to transfer as long you travel with both passports.

Stamp transfers into new passport is free if charge so if they charge you it is teamoney for them.