Condo Chiang Mai

Hi,

I want to rent a condo in Chiang Mai but its really important the internet is good, from what i was reading on the forums i got the impression that there was a large excess of apartments and so prices were competitive and id have a lot to choose from, Solid internet, not super fast just solid for Skype and basics is my main concern but my first choices of the Galore, Smiths residence and the Airport Greenery are all booked out for a good while. This leaves me in a situation because i need to find a place quickly and settle down as i cant be travelling around from hotel to hotel and i really want to be in something for tomorrow. Now that my bankers are all booked up i rang Chiang Mai properties to see what they might have. They said that nearly all their condos required 6months + but i dont want to commit to something for 6 months plus without knowing internet is solid so if i want something on a month to month basis they basically have only 1 suitable condo for my price range of 5k-9k.

Now if i choose somewhere for 6 month and it didn't work out then i wouldn't mind losing my 2 months deposit (thats what they asked for the condo, although i thought 1 month was standard) but im not sure if i explain this to the girl now that i have said i can only stay for 1-2 months that she might think im messing her about. Conversation on the phone was difficult enough as it was as she didn't have brilliant english so trying to explain this might be awkward. At the same time if i do commit to 6 months + and have to leave this might alienate me from all the property they rent. So my question is what are my options giving this scenario, what happens if i want to leave before the end of the contract, i presume im expected to pay up the remainder?

Ideally id love to stay for a few days and try it out and then i can make a confident decision but thats not possible with most of these as its only 6 months+