Tax For "Carryboy" Car Accessory.

Satcommlee

Hello,

Wonder if someone can help me.

Whilst being mugged by the Boys in Brown recently, they were kind enough to advise me that there is an additional tax if you put on of these on the back of your Vigo...

carryboy-s560n-canopy-for-toyota-vigo-aca14.jpg

Like the one pictured, my Vigo is 4 door.

Anybody heard of such a tax?

Now I know why we were having a little problem while selling the truck with the carryboy...we did not register the change and the carryboy was a second hand,so we also need to bring the receipt...than everything was OK and no extra charges.

you have changed your pickup and need to have it inspected by DLT. so you can drop you Bib extortion claims

bring pickup with mods to DLT, bring green book, and they can tell you what is needed

Kata, is this also needed for the Sport lid ? http://www.carryboysportlid.com/

yep

but not for a soft cover/curtain

change noted in page 18 of BLUE book

you have changed your pickup and need to have it inspected by DLT. so you can drop you Bib extortion claims

bring pickup with mods to DLT, bring green book, and they can tell you what is needed

Kata, is this also needed for the Sport lid ? http://www.carryboysportlid.com/

yep

but not for a soft cover/curtain

change noted in page 18 of BLUE book

I have a sportlid on my Triton and my local Dept LT told me that no update of my book was required. They even checked my vehicle over and said no change to the blue book needed.

Thanks for the input it is very much appreciated..

I don't think we have the book as the car is on finance.. any idea's what to do now?

Also, didn't get a receipt as it was bought from a kind of second hand dealer in the middle of no-where in Isarn.

Oh why is nothing ever straight forward here???

Edited by Satcommlee

I don't think we have the book as the car is on finance.. any idea's what to do now?

Also, didn't get a receipt as it was bought from a kind of second hand dealer in the middle of no-where in Isarn.

"Oh why is nothing ever straight forward here"

I ask myself that every second day of the week!

blue book can be borrowed from finance, fee usually 3k baht.

every farmers nightmare. financed truck, changes to bed, fee to get book or pay fines

as for the lid, some DLT say cause its only couple of inches, they dont make a change, some say cause its not over cabs roof, change not needed. according to homoleg rules it IS needed.

If you wanted to install one of those electrically-operated covers over the pickup bed to keep your shopping (and granny when she's in town) dry, would you have to register that/pay extra tax?

No, lid is OK.

If a Carryboy is fitted on a 4 door and you fit some seats, your road tax is reduced :).

As said above the blue book must be amended for a Carryboy full height jobby.

If you wanted to install one of those electrically-operated covers over the pickup bed to keep your shopping (and granny when she's in town) dry, would you have to register that/pay extra tax?

No, lid is OK.

If a Carryboy is fitted on a 4 door and you fit some seats, your road tax is reduced :).

Thanks.

No, lid is OK.

yep, going from 5 to 10 seats changes it to a bus, with blue on white plate

This has been on the statutes for at least 9 years that I know off. It's only 50 baht.

I still haven't done it, get pulled over maybe once every 2 years, just shrug my shoulders and give em a stupid look then drive off.

Will someone post a correct answer to the original question as I think there is some miss information. Is there any requirement to pay extra tax or change to the blue book if the roof line stays same as in the original post picture. My understanding is if you put a carry boy full height which is about 50 or 60cm above the roof line then there is a change required.

Will someone post a correct answer to the original question as I think there is some miss information. Is there any requirement to pay extra tax or change to the blue book if the roof line stays same as in the original post picture. My understanding is if you put a carry boy full height which is about 50 or 60cm above the roof line then there is a change required.

Thanks... for clarification... It's not actually the "carryboy" brand, but it is a few inches above the original roofline.

Just read what is written!!! The tax APPLIES TO ANY MODIFICATION to the vehicle be it a carry boy of any size or even a full fibre glass cover only a few inches above the tray height. IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!