Cheapest Beer In Bangkok

Hooters

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100 Bt a pint,good food (although never eat in pubs)cool a/c clean bogs,nice polite staff,newspapers and have met some interesting company both Thai /Non T over the years.

Obviously still get the usual a/h unfortunately usually angrit wenkers but not so many..

One guy I meet on occasions works for Rolls Royce and is over every month or so to inspect Thai Airways engines at Suwanna..good conversation.

Ignore the boiler room boys,spivvy talkers,got a proposition to make you millions characters although as above not so many nowadays...prob all been deported or moved back to Spain....

Its OK...better than some smelly dumps that I could name...

Thanon Rambuttri beside KSR has 2 bars that have big bottles of Chang for 60B. One is called Cool Corner and the other I'm not sure but it's directly opposite Cool Corner and has the live music.

It's the cheapest I've seen for beers. On KSR it's self various street side bars have buckets of Sangsom or Thai whisky and coke / red bull for 250-300B.

Edited by TheSpade

Don't drink beer much myself (like spirits more) but will agree that if you don't need to drink expensive premium imported stuff, pubs-for-Thais- in Thailand- are pretty sure to be cheaper for anything than the foreign tourist ghettos.

Mixed drink in a foreign bar: at least in the neighborhood of 100B, up to 300B or more

Mixed drink in a Thai pub: about 30-50B averaged over the bottle and mixers

Somehow, though, I don't expect to see a lot more foreigners showing up in the real Thai pubs....

I've found that most of the sort of 'middle class' Thai bars that I've ventured into are more expensive for single bottles of beer than most of the tourist places but no one drinks single bottles of beers and buys jugs or towers or spends a few hundred baht on a bottle of whisky which is a much cheaper option.

Several bars at the Qeen Park off of soi 22 sell 60 baht beer during happy hours, one the xxxx has happy hour 12 noon till 10pm every day, others sell it at that price till 7pm. You have others in the soi 20 area.

Queens Park is one place I've never been to in Bangkok, worth a visit?

Some great spots there. I like to chill at Crossed Pistons on 22 in Queens Park. Good beer and good prices.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a big Singha for 90 Baht yesterday. If your a plant lover, or maybe your wife drags you up to all the plant shops on Kamphaeng Phet Road near the JJ market. There is a really cool canal side restaurant/bar about 100m past the last plant shop. Look for a parking lot with a little bridge that crosses the Bang Sue canal.

• 7 months later...

The cheapest beers in Bangkok are in soi 8 at the Eight Plus Sports Bar and Hotel.

80thb Pints of Chang, Tiger, Heineken and Singha.

Bottle beer 90b and house spirits 100b.

Ty them you won't regret it plus they show all the sports live rugby, EPL, AFL, Rugby league.

It's run by an Aussie what do you expect!

The cheapest beers in Bangkok are in soi 8 at the Eight Plus Sports Bar and Hotel.

Ty them you won't regret it plus they show all the sports live rugby, EPL, AFL, Rugby league.

You wouldn't happen to be the owner or manager of the bar perchance? :rolleyes:

If you are, and want to keep promoting your bar, please contact Thai Visa through the usual channels. Thanks.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sounds like drinking paradise! Must give it a try

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sounds like drinking paradise! Must give it a try

I've just had a look at the website - looks like a nice bar. I am just a punter - i have no connection with this place, Soundman - Bennie do you know if they will be showing the rugby live with sound from the anthems onwards? and are you really saying that Heineken is 100 Baht a pint at 10pm on Sunday?

Heineken at 100 Baht a pint at 10pm on Sunday.?.

.....if so sounds like my type of gin joint........Next Joli...me thinks....

Seem to remember staying at the old Mermaids Hotel in soi 8......about 20 years ago...suppose prices have...etc...mpr

Edited by Rinrada

Well we went to 8 Plus sports bar and hotel on Sunday. Beer drinkers heaven: draught Heineken and tiger are 80 baht a pint all day, everyday! No thats not a typo! 80 baht a pint. Its at the start of soi 8, down the first little sub soi on the right hand side. On the downside, they allow smoking throughout and the owner (who denied he was Benniez6987 above!) was too vague about whether they would show the rugby with sound or not, so me and my mate had a few pints there and then watched the game in the Kiwi pub just around the corner. Friendly punters, pool table no air con. Apparently the owners are ex Aussie pub on soi 11 who got the sack and set up in competition selling cheap beer!!

Thai Heineken and Tiger on draught is "beer drinkers heaven"?

Add in no air con and "smoking throughout," and it begins to sound more like bad beer in hell!

OK, a tad over the top! What I meant was that the price is beer drinkers heaven. If I could afford a decent pint of bitter more than once or twice a month, I'd buy it. But I live on a budget and I can't relax at 150 Baht a pint. 80 Baht is the cheapest I've come across. The smoking certainly irks, but as there is no air-con, and the bar is open fronted, it dissipates fairly quickly. It's also in a pretty good location.

Thai Heineken and Tiger on draught is "beer drinkers heaven"?

Add in no air con and "smoking throughout," and it begins to sound more like bad beer in hell!

OK, a tad over the top! What I meant was that the price is beer drinkers heaven. If I could afford a decent pint of bitter more than once or twice a month, I'd buy it. But I live on a budget and I can't relax at 150 Baht a pint. 80 Baht is the cheapest I've come across. The smoking certainly irks, but as there is no air-con, and the bar is open fronted, it dissipates fairly quickly. It's also in a pretty good location.

Very handy for Lolita's....

So pop into the bar for a drink, and then across the other side of the soi for a "smoke"... tongue.png

biggrin.png Yes quite.

Slightly off topic but the Spanish place on Soi 8 is worth a look for food if you are drinking in that cheap bar....very reasonable prices and good quality.

All in all Soi 8 is looking pretty good....thanks to whoever gave the heads up on this one!

• 1 year later...

Is it all about finding the cheapest beer ? surely the atmosphere of the bar and the quality of the beer is more important than saving a few baht. I would rather spend up to 300 thb on a pint of draught Kilkenny than a bottle of the local pss

Agree,

Then again you must understand these are Cheap Charlies, under-funded pensioners, and the pathologically frugal,

For them saving a few baht always trumps pleasure of experience, it's all about getting as much of something, no matter how bad, for the least amount.

The money I throw in my ash tray for the maid would make these people sick,

@cobra

Yes, I am happy to save some money when I can, and you can throw your money away - wherever you want, that don't make me sick.

But stupid comments like "it's all about getting as much of something, no matter how bad, for the least amount" are pointless.

If I can get the same bottle of beer for 45 or 90, than I prefer the beer for 45 - that's it. The environment is also a factor, but not worth to pay 2 or even 3 times more ...

But I don't expect you to understand it.

The likes of Cobra will never understand , he should start his own thread titled " I'm considerably richer than you " cos he's added nothing to this thread , which was a simple question of where are the cheapest bars in BKK , who gives a <deleted> where he puts his maids salary !

Thanks to some info on here I can add a few more bars to my pub crawl of cheap bars , knowing I won't bump into the likes of Cobra on the way biggrin.gif

http://wn.com/harry_enfield__considerably_richer_than_you

Edited by berybert

yeah, i think the Harry Enfield character was what the poster was referring to, seeing as he used the catchphrase and all. But thanks for deciding to clarify that for no reason at all, three and a half years later. huh.png

yeah, i think the Harry Enfield character was what the poster was referring to, seeing as he used the catchphrase and all. But thanks for deciding to clarify that for no reason at all, three and a half years later. huh.png

Always good to keep ahead of the times. Didn't notice the date of the post before I replied and thought the beer prices were rather low.

Mind you if the guy who wanted to know about cheap beer didn't spend all his money at 7/11 and is still here, the Robin Hood does Carlsberg for 100 baht a pint all day everyday.

Cheapest beer I can find:

Cheers Red

6%alc

500ml

47thb at 7-11, 46thb at the gourmet market.

If anybody knows of any cheaper beer post it here.

Have you actually tried that stuff? The only thing, imo, it has in common with beer is that they are occasionally found in the same shop. tongue.png