Act Of Parliament To Help Thaksin: Chalerm

webfact

"I have never kept this idea (bring Thaksin home) a secret and publicly announced my plans during the election campaign." Chalerm

Thai people elected him.

He is doing as pledged.

Complain what?

Edited by sparebox2

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who are you also to speak for the people of Thailand?

I have been coming to, working in and living in Thailand for 18 years now.

I am neither a bar owner nor a customer whoever I do have a stake in the country through my wife and 7 year old son and I can remember the time back in 2001 when the rules of justice were kicked aside and ignored for his "honest" mistake about knowing where and who held onto "his" money, some billions of baht IIRC.

At least 3 of the judges ignored the facts and the law and allowed him to become Prime Minister.

Oddly enough that same week another member of the TRT party was also brought to justice under the very same laws and gave the very same excuse.

Guess what?

He was found guilty and the election in his constituency was taken again.

Double standards anyone?

If you want to add in the inconvenient part about Thaksin being Prime Minister when the coup was called in 2006 it is simply not true at all.

He called a snap election and when the results came in even though the opposition boycotted the vote the PTP still could not win.

He had a time period to call another election and during this period he was only the acting Prime Minister.

He then publicly went to the King and resigned from being the PM and walked away. 3 weeks later he took back the PM post illegally and was not ratified by HM the King, went off to New York and the rest is history.

As I am sure that you would never believe anything that The Post or The Nation prints I Googled for you and found this link from the UK.

http://www.guardian....apr/05/thailand

I am sure that if you really wanted you could do your own research (mine took only a couple of minutes) and learn more about your "hero".

You are saying that since there was no official PM, there was no coup in 2006.

Falling back in retched retreat to the fall back idea.

Which takes more money and harder arm twisting to pull off.

It may be partly distraction, if Pracha is full of bull,

trying to make nice before the censure vote in case it saves his cojones.

But if he isn't, then this is their last legitimate avenue to fix it for the liege-lord.

After that fait acompli moves and violence to create disorder,

public emergency powers and a PM decree to bring him back to restore order...

of course making disorder worse, and police state marshall law from the leader.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung on Tuesday confirmed the government would enact a legislation to restore justice for "everyone", including former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

"He said he believed the legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict would not be opposed".

How pathetic. First of all he and everyone else know he is lying. Secondly he is insulting the intelligence of every Thai person in this country.

It was strongly opposed this week mr. chaler, now you are suggesting that if the wrapping is changed just a little nobody will oppose it.

Again mr. chalerm you think that the vast majority of Thais are fools.

So mr. chalerm 'justice for everybody'. Does that include justice for the people assassinated under thakin's supervision in his war on drugs, and the deaths in the tak bai incident?

Not so fast. We have to first hear mr. chalerm's twisted definition of everybody.

One could say that:A fool believes all others are as bright as he is... because he knows no better.

After living in this country for 17 years, paying yearly taxes and having a Thai family I think I have at least a small insite of the Thai people.

There are two classes of people who "love him". One is the hi-so "elite" cronies that are in bed with him so to speak. The other one is the poor people he has duped into beliving he loves them and has them at the pennacle of his heart.

As for Farang bar owners and their Customers I cannot address that because I am neither.

Maybe you can explain why you love him and I can be corrected that there are three classes that "love him".

A third group are the those that enjoy vicariously his power and money, they simply delight at the thought of the big man coming back and unleashing his vengeance on the people that have been exposing them as the self serving sycophants they are.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung on Tuesday confirmed the government would enact a legislation to restore justice for "everyone", including former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

"restore justice for everyone"? I don't think so. The dead from the Red Riots, Tak Bai, War on Drugs? Flood mismanagement?

"Right timing is the key to issue an act of Parliament for all parties (involved in the political turbulence)," he said.

Right timing is not having a secret meeting in the middle of a national disaster to the benefit of one very divisive figure

Chalerm said the government would await for the work completion by the Truth for Reconciliation Commission before deciding the next step.

Why the secret meeting then?

He said he believed the legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict would not be opposed.

I'm sure if that is what he believes then he should visit a psychiatrist

He said the draft decree on pardon would not be applicable for Thaksin as the government had openly planned to rescue him from the legal predicament via an legislative act for amnesty.

Pull the other one. We heard what the meeting was about from one of your boys. The cat was out of the bag.

"Only those defeated in the last general election are displeased with Thaksin's rescue," he said.

Really? The Red Shirts won't object? PTP coalition members won't object? I know of people who voted for PTP are already objecting.

This is all getting pretty ridiculous now.

True, it's been ridiculous for years, but these are not the actions of a government that has any form of long-term stability or reconciliation in mind.

Sad.

Yes, but an intelligent electorate would have seen that was what they were voting for in electing Madam Thaksin Clone.

Yes, I am saying Thailand is about as ready for real democracy as ... Egypt.

Maybe in 50 years.

Edited by Jingthing

Justice for everyone? Including for cases of asset concealment (Remember the "honest mistake"?), which would have make someone unfit to serve as PM?

Yes, Khun Chalerm, "right timing is the key", which you so evidently messed up in the first round.

Thaksin doesn't need to be rescued, Thailand needs to be rescued from greed, corruption and addiction to power.

Exactly. "Justice for all" ....does this includes the familys of those killed during Thaksins war on drugs?

"He said he believed the legislation to grant amnesty to all parties involved in the political conflict would not be opposed".

How pathetic. First of all he and everyone else know he is lying. Secondly he is insulting the intelligence of every Thai person in this country.

Who are you to speak for the people of Thailand.

Most people still love him.

Most of the Many Very Very Very Very Very Thails that I known and the few poor ones also love him.

I think the only people who do not love him are Farang bar owners and their Customers

Try across the Gulf of Thailand, you might be surprised what the Thais round here think.

So what is going on now ?? Looks like the Royal Pardon attempt pretty much went down in flames. So now they are trying to do it through government decree ?? Or is Thaksin's name still on the Royal Pardon being submitted but they are denying it is? To call Thai politics murky is a bit of an understatement.......But I suppose Thaksin spent a lot of money to get his sister elected, and he wants full value for it. Meaning he will continue to tear Thailand apart until he gets to sit on the PM chair again. His statements of wanting to do what is best for Thailand are ringing a bit hollow...

I bet he spent a lot of money for the loyalty from the PTP MP´s and Red Shirt leaders as well. Those who can help him back to Thailand will be set for life.

According to the Bangkok Post Chalerm is saying that he won't be back before the New Year, but they'll find another way to bring him back next year.

Seems like they're going to use the consequences of the military-led attempt to take back the RED SHIRT ARMED OCCUPATION OF THE BANGKOK CPD as a bargaining chip.

The absurdity of Chalerm worrying that Thaksin might not be allowed bail when he returns.

Fugitive from justice for years and years, and he still expects bail??? :blink:

Then he blames coup leader Sonthi for all the charges still pending against Thaksin... while Sonthi is an MP in the Pheu Thai Party-led coalition.

Then he tops it with he's not going to wait for the findings and recommendations of the national reconciliation committee before striking out to find a way to get Thaksin back.

Deputy PM Vows to Continue Helping Thaksin

A deputy prime minister has reaffirmed that the government's royal pardon decree is in compliance with the previous administration's principles on amnesty.

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung reaffirmed that the amnesty conditions specified by the decree approved by the Cabinet are similar to those in the decree issued by the previous administration.

Chalerm also insisted that the royal decree is not aimed to help former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. However, he pledged to give Thaksin justice.

He believes that judging by the landslide victory of the Pheu Thai Party in the recent election, most Thais also support this while there is opposition only from those who stand to lose or were defeated in the last poll.

Chalerm said that the government is now waiting for the right time to move forward with its plan to help the former premier.

He insisted that the royal pardon decree will not benefit any particular individuals and he is confident it will not meet with strong opposition from the public.

The deputy prime minister also claimed that much progress has been made on the investigation into the 91 deaths during the crackdown on last year's red- shirt unrest as police's investigation report has already been submitted to the prosecution.

In any case, Chalerm announced that Thaksin will not return to Thailand this year.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-22

footer_n.gif

After living in this country for 17 years, paying yearly taxes and having a Thai family I think I have at least a small insite of the Thai people.

There are two classes of people who "love him". One is the hi-so "elite" cronies that are in bed with him so to speak. The other one is the poor people he has duped into beliving he loves them and has them at the pennacle of his heart.

As for Farang bar owners and their Customers I cannot address that because I am neither.

Maybe you can explain why you love him and I can be corrected that there are three classes that "love him".

A third group are the those that enjoy vicariously his power and money, they simply delight at the thought of the big man coming back and unleashing his vengeance on the people that have been exposing them as the self serving sycophants they are.

That, sir, is right on the money. A silver bullet.

Most of the Many Very Very Very Very Very Thails that I known and the few poor ones also love him.

I think the only people who do not love him are Farang bar owners and their Customers

I happen to be one of the very very very very very farangs who don't love him, and I take offense at being categorized as a bar customer.

Get back on your medication Harry. B)

Wow, Someone needs to get about and clearly only knows his own clique

Guess what?

He was found guilty and the election in his constituency was taken again.

Double standards anyone?

If you want to add in the inconvenient part about Thaksin being Prime Minister when the coup was called in 2006 it is simply not true at all.

He called a snap election and when the results came in even though the opposition boycotted the vote the PTP still could not win.

He had a time period to call another election and during this period he was only the acting Prime Minister.

He then publicly went to the King and resigned from being the PM and walked away. 3 weeks later he took back the PM post illegally and was not ratified by HM the King, went off to New York and the rest is history.

As I am sure that you would never believe anything that The Post or The Nation prints I Googled for you and found this link from the UK.

I am sure that if you really wanted you could do your own research (mine took only a couple of minutes) and learn more about your "hero".

I never said he was my hero. All I say if the Government wants to bring him back and the Thai want him who are you to attack him.

Remember the Thai people like him

I never said he was my hero. All I say if the Government wants to bring him back and the Thai want him who are you to attack him.

Not all Thai people like him. And so what if they do? A popular crook is still a crook. He's dividing the country and by wanting to help him back, they're just itching for another coup to take place.

Not all Thai people like him. And so what if they do? A popular crook is still a crook. He's dividing the country and by wanting to help him back, they're just itching for another coup to take place.

I would even go so far to say that not even a majority of the Thai people like him.

"Not all Thai people like him" This is a very general statement.

Not all Thai people like Mark too, nor Sonthi, nor Sondhi, nor Preeyanuch (the actress), nor Mario (the actor), nor me, nor you, nor the greatest man in Thailand.

So what. We have have people who like us, and people who don't.

Erm, dunno about that one, the last election was made out as a referendum on Thaksin and only abot 40% voted PTP and even then not all of them are guaranteed to like Thaksin. Then there was the poll a few days ago, while not very scientific, it demonstrated that 47% to 31% prefer NOT to pardon Thaksin. When are the Thaksin lovers ever going to get it in their heads that the majority would rather not see him back, that's democracy for you.

sparebox2 # 52

Justice for all except Thaksin

Because he is a big bad wolf, no justice can be provide to him.

Serve him right.

The wolf was always hunted and punished for its misdeeds and reputation no sympathy shown. What is the difference twixt the wolf and Thaksin ?

Do you think Thaksin was or would be capable of clemency in his actions ?

Edited by siampolee

Why dont they call their political party what it is.... "The Bring Thaksin home Party" We only have one policy and everyone understands that. We have no interest in Thailand or its people or future unless there is profit to be made from it, just like Mr T!

Politics is really simple, just like the voters.

Edited by exeter

And anyone with an ounce of something called DIGNITY...

He believes that judging by the landslide victory of the Pheu Thai Party in the recent election, most Thais also support this while there is opposition only from those who stand to lose or were defeated in the last poll.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-11-22

footer_n.gif

I really do wish that they would drop this dead donkey of a statement.

1. They won 53% of the seats, the word 'landslide' or any other superlative used is grossly inaccurate.

2. 48% of the people who cast a vote voted for them, 52% voted for someone else therefore the majority of people voted against them.

3. 25% of the people who were eligible to vote didn't bother.

Addendum to number 2. Even though slightly less than a majority of Thais voted PTP it is naive to assume that all who voted that way want Khun T to be exonerated and return. Far more likely to be the minimum wage hike for all, the increase is salary for graduates, the free iPads and the pretty face.

Addendum to number 3. Why did 25% not vote? forget 'the dog ate my ID card' routine, peoples main reason for not going to the polling station is usually going to be one of two things, either, pointless as their guy is assured of victory, or pointless as their guy is assured of defeat.

I would suggest that the number of people in the second category far outweighs the number in the first, if anyone can prove to me otherwise, then, and only then, could you possibly say 'it's what most people want'

Why doesn't Chalerm put his money where his mouth is, ask the people what they want, have a referendum on the subject.

It will not happen of course as he dam well knows what the answer would be.

[if you want to add in the inconvenient part about Thaksin being Prime Minister when the coup was called in 2006 it is simply not true at all.

It's a shame this needs to be repeated constantly, but I'm glad you did. There was no coup against Thaksin as sitting PM. There was a power vacuum left by Thaksin's resignation as caretaker PM. He thought he could change his mind and come back and re-insert himself in that role, but guess what? He couldn't.

That, sir, is right on the money. A silver bullet.

Bingo! It took me a long time to come to that realization because I tend to generally hold a higher opinion of my fellow man, but the scales have fallen from my eyes.

Dear Harry

Most people love him?

Please be so kind to study the results of the latest election.

Look very carefully at the number of votes..

Thank you!