Swedish 'Fishing Tourist' Found Dead Near Phuket

webfact

Swedish ‘fishing tourist’ found dead near Phuket

Phuket Gazette

phuket-1-11483GIiqDIdfTXNBsxGlIFpfGfMefP.jpg

A Phuket rescue worker prepares to take the body to hospital.

Photo: Atchaa Khamlo

phuket-4-11483SRaHXstdunnXAXAxsupZsPdXRy.jpg

The man's body was found off Racha Yai Island, about 24 kilometers to the south of Phuket.

PHUKET: The body of a Swedish man was found today floating in the waters off Racha Yai Island, about 20 kilometers south of Phuket, police have confirmed.

Phuket Tourist Police Volunteers were informed at 12:20pm that the body of the 63-year-old Swede had been found by staff of a diving company.

The victim is believed to have fallen into the water while fishing at the time of his death, police said.

The victim’s name is being withheld pending notification of kin.

Called by the Phuket Gazette at about 2:50pm today, a representative of the Swedish Embassy in Bangkok said they had yet to be formally notified of the incident.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/archives/articles/2011/article11483.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2011-11-22

The victim is believed to have fallen into the water while fishing at the time of his death, police said.

I don't have to tell you all what I am thinking.

Thank you for sparing us the "extended version" of yet another speculative conspiracy driven corruption theory without foundation that discounts the potential that people have accidents or die of natural causes. TV contributors seems to support the idea that it is impossible to die in Thailand without foul play. But thankfully, you just ask us to read your mind. Have a nice day, and if you bump into Jimmy Hoffa or Elvis give them my regards.

Thank you for sparing us the "extended version" of yet another speculative conspiracy driven corruption theory without foundation that discounts the potential that people have accidents or die of natural causes. TV contributors seems to support the idea that it is impossible to die in Thailand without foul play. But thankfully, you just ask us to read your mind. Have a nice day, and if you bump into Jimmy Hoffa or Elvis give them my regards.

:thumbsup:

Agree wholeheartedly - people do have accidents and those occurrences are not always assisted by perfidious Thais, but hell it's Phuket so tuk tuk mafia must have been involved

Agree wholeheartedly - people do have accidents and those occurrences are not always assisted by perfidious Thais, but hell it's Phuket so tuk tuk mafia must have been involved

LOL. Oh yes, absolutely! Did you know that the original plot for the 9-11 attack on the twin towers was actually a Tuk Tuk suicide bombing? Yep, it was masterminded by the same Tuk Tuk driver who was the second shooter on the grassy knoll... I would write more, but the sun is setting, and we all know who is behind that piece of mischief !

Never mind the conspiracy theories, how about a few FACTS.

WHERE was this guy fishing from? Boat? Dock? Shore? Cliff?

HOW did is body get out into the ocean?

How do they know he was FISHING? Did he have a rod & reel clutched in his hand?

So typical of shoddy, half-assed reporting by all Thai papers. Tell you something, but give NO facts to go along with it.

Sorry to burst your bubble Mack, most deaths that occur with foreigners are the result of foul play. It has nothing to do with conspiracy theory, but conspiracy fact. Have a nice day and if you bump into anyone attending the Bilderberg meetings, give them my regards.

Sorry to burst your bubble Mack, most deaths that occur with foreigners are the result of foul play. It has nothing to do with conspiracy theory, but conspiracy fact. Have a nice day and if you bump into anyone attending the Bilderberg meetings, give them my regards.

:thumbsup:

I'm sure you have some numbers (number of deaths of foreigners in Thailand, number of natural causes, number of accidents, number of foul plays) to back this?

I'm sure you have some numbers (number of deaths of foreigners in Thailand, number of natural causes, number of accidents, number of foul plays) to back this?

Don't be silly - he will tell you that the figures are collated by Thai authorities and therefore cannot be trusted. Paranoia rules - or maybe bigotry

"Phuket Tourist Police Volunteers were informed at 12:20pm that the body of the 63-year-old Swede had been found by staff of a diving company."

What about the "fishing company" he was fishing with? How do they know he was fishing anyway? Was he found with his rod? Or maybe he was wearing a gimbal?

A little (lot) more info would be handy.

"Phuket Tourist Police Volunteers were informed at 12:20pm that the body of the 63-year-old Swede had been found by staff of a diving company."

What about the "fishing company" he was fishing with? How do they know he was fishing anyway? Was he found with his rod? Or maybe he was wearing a gimbal?

See the report in another thread. Apparently he was snorkeling on a fishing tour, and found floating face up by his boat crew.

See the report in another thread. Apparently he was snorkeling on a fishing tour, and found floating face up by his boat crew.

If this report is correct then the PG version is severely lacking. I understand TV is beholden to PG/Nation as a major sponsor but surely TV should not just accept the stories thrown at them without at least reading them & querying the inaccuracies before publishing on the forum. The way it is now many of the articles posted lead to all the typical conjecture we are seeing on this thread.

Posts has been removed due to possible violation of copyright and non compliance of fair use. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

An inappropriate post has been removed, please keep comments civil.