3Bb Always Disconecting..

3stan

thks for feedback. Yes, it is a bit annoying. I just subscribed a few days ago. It worked fine for a few days, but now..I think my wife told me that True and 3BB is the same company, sort of. So that would make sense. Maybe i will give them a call tmrw if problem persists.

i live in sansai noi, a stone's throw from Rimping, and my 3bb connect has not faltered at all. In fact, yesterday, for grins and giggles i did a speednet test and got almost a 6mb rating, which is quite phenomenal. Did it 3 other times over the course of the day and it was always in the 5+ range...

However, the wife's True smartphone was having data connection issues when we were out and about... intermittent, but always coming back within 5 minutes.

Edited by zippydedodah

Sansai, further toward Maejo. Sometimes I've had to demand a page twice, but 3bb has given me no disconnects.

Service in general in Chiang Mai is not up to western standards quite yet, though some of us pay for two services, and pay for upper levels, to do well.

The companies are revving up over new services now, so whatever we have will be better (or worse) a year from now; meanwhile, much depends upon your neighborhood, your luck, and pixies.B)

Sansai, further toward Maejo. Sometimes I've had to demand a page twice, but 3bb has given me no disconnects.

Service in general in Chiang Mai is not up to western standards quite yet, though some of us pay for two services, and pay for upper levels, to do well.

The companies are revving up over new services now, so whatever we have will be better (or worse) a year from now; meanwhile, much depends upon your neighborhood, your luck, and pixies.B)

i see. Im definately not expecting western type of connection and im used to the now and then disconections (even in bangkok) but the way it is now i just cant download files. anyways, nothing that dramatic. I will phone them to inquire, at some point. Until then, i will just rewatch stuff stored on hard drive, and possibly get cable tv if thats how its gonna be.

Where I am staying Night Bazaar area are building has 3BB. They just upgraded the system and now it turns off at itt's own discretion. When I try to load TV I get another TV page than the one I have bookmarked. I then open a new tab and it works for the page I have on my bookmarks.

The computer man spent one hour on it and said it is the system. Every one else in the building is having the same problems.

I have a AIS air stick as back up and no problems with it.

Everyone I know in CM who absolutely, positively MUST have a reliable internet connection has at least 2 and usually three 3 ISPs. If you're whining (I think the Brit term for this is whynging) because your bootleg first-release movies didn't download, then get over it and just watch something else.

This isn't any different than when we ran a business in the U.S. We absolutely, positively HAD to have an internet connection or we lost business. We had something called a T-1 line installed at high cost in our rural area (that's probably old technology now), PLUS we had a BBB-type service over the phone lines. Come on people, if your income doesn't depend on the internet, get a life! There's a great world out here in Chiang Mai!

Everyone I know in CM who absolutely, positively MUST have a reliable internet connection has at least 2 and usually three 3 ISPs. If you're whining (I think the Brit term for this is whynging) because your bootleg first-release movies didn't download, then get over it and just watch something else.

This isn't any different than when we ran a business in the U.S. We absolutely, positively HAD to have an internet connection or we lost business. We had something called a T-1 line installed at high cost in our rural area (that's probably old technology now), PLUS we had a BBB-type service over the phone lines. Come on people, if your income doesn't depend on the internet, get a life! There's a great world out here in Chiang Mai!

im not 'whining' and i do 'have a life', thks for ur concern. Im probably a lot more Outdoors riding my bike than u are..anyways..

im not 'whining' and i do 'have a life', thks for ur concern. Im probably a lot more Outdoors riding my bike than u are..anyways..

and please define 'having a life' for me..dam_n, some people can be anoying

If you're whining (I think the Brit term for this is whynging) because your bootleg first-release movies didn't download, then get over it and just watch something else.

:unsure:

Bit harsh Nancy. The OP never said anything about downloading so don't know why the accusatory note. I rely heavily on reliable Internet access for my research work and suspect others do for similar purposes other than 'killing time'.

Yesterday evening it (3BB) did drop the connection 5 or 6 times in quick succession but stabilized. Today, a few times had to do page reloads of Thaivisa. For me, this very rarely occurs and generally a highly stable and fast connection. 3BB 9Mbps package near Hang Dong.

Few things get on my Tits more then a unreliable internet connection.

I use 3 BB and pay B1166/month.

Normally very good connection but say at 6 monthly intervals it plays up.

A call to 1530 has always sorted out the problem, normally something from their 'End' which they find automatically.

They never admit it's their fault and on a couple of occasions have sent an Engineer to check the connection at my end always correct.

Last problem was my Telephone was not working, Internet OK,the online engineer sorted the problem at his end.

john

If you're whining (I think the Brit term for this is whynging) because your bootleg first-release movies didn't download, then get over it and just watch something else.

:unsure:

Bit harsh Nancy. The OP never said anything about downloading so don't know why the accusatory note. I rely heavily on reliable Internet access for my research work and suspect others do for similar purposes other than 'killing time'.

Yesterday evening it (3BB) did drop the connection 5 or 6 times in quick succession but stabilized. Today, a few times had to do page reloads of Thaivisa. For me, this very rarely occurs and generally a highly stable and fast connection. 3BB 9Mbps package near Hang Dong.

there are several problems with what that person wrote. First of all, i am here to inquire if anyone else has the same issue. I am definately not the whining type. Secondly, i think it is really wrong and pretentious to give people advices on how to live their life and to assume a bunch of things. Thirdly, yes, i do download movies etc. I am new in chiang mai, my wife is still in bangkok, i do no drink and party and do like a bit of entertainment in the evening. Anyways, im done with this. Thanks everyone for the feedback and answers. As for nancy, please ignore my posts from now on.

Very unusual to get that tone from Nancy, so I'll give her a pass. Yes, CM is great, but alot of us do things on the internet here, not to mention that WE PAY FOR IT, so no matter what I do with it, I want value received.

Hope you find yourself a relaxing and happy Thanskgiving as well, Nancy !

I too have the 1,166 3BB program and live in Nong Hoy/ Pa Daed area. It's been quite spotty for the last few days here too. Not going off for more than 1-2 mins at a time, though once it was closer to about 15. Frustrating when following multi pg news stories. Glad to hear it's not just me. It's been about a week or less of this. Hope it stops soon !

OK, maybe I was stressing too much over Thanksgiving prep last evening! Trying to find frozen lima beans here in Thailand can be as stressful as not having internet service.

The most important point I was trying to make is that if someone really MUST have a reliable internet connection, then they should have more than one ISP. Yes, I agree that if you pay for a service, you should expect it to be reliable and it's a reasonable question to ask if someone else is having a problem similar to yours.

But, where you need 100% reliability, you should have back-up. We ran a greenhouse/nursery operation in the U.S. and we had back-up electric generators and propane heaters in case we lost power or natural gas service. We also had more than one way to access the internet. It's just good business sense if the consequence of the loss of a utility can be catastrophic.

I have been having the same problems with 3bb for a few weeks...

I get the screen that says "Connection Reset" (And TV is the worst)... I click on it again and it comes right up... Also sometimes the page comes up but the frame does not load so the page is in disarray - It seems to be the worst at night...

I have tried to get 3bb to fix it but they nice woman doing tech support can never understand (Even when I sent them a screen shot of the problem!)... She then insists on sending a tech to my house (Basically she gives up)... The tech comes and again I can not communicate to him that the issue in INTERMITTENT! and happens mainly at night so he just checks the modem and gives me a polite Thai smile that means "What are you complaining about"...

I'm American so I'll just say my whining is over...

Signed - Patiently trying to download the Lords hymns...

Edited by sfokevin

i called them this morning but told me to call after 9am for chiang mai area. Did a few more tests since then and it is a lot better this morning. So i will wait and see how it goes.

For the most part, i am really thankful for the posters here on this site. I have always gotten quick and helpful answers to my diver queries. A few peeps use forums to unleash their egos, judge people, and talk in a way they wouldnt 'in real life'. In my opinion, these are the people who should 'get a life'. Anyways..it is again nice and sunny in beautiful CM. Give thanks!

I'm very satisfied with my 3BB service. I'm a heavy user and the service has been nearly flawless for the past two years (cross my fingers). It lives up to its advertised 6 MB download speed (a bit less during peak hours). My rental house is about 5 km south of Mae Rim. I had an opportunity to move into a serviced apartment recently but decided against it mainly because I didn't want to risk losing my trusty Internet connection. When it comes to a reliable Internet connection in Thailand, the three most important factors are: location, location and location.

Is it safe to assume from this that if a person was about to install internet service in a new house in CM that they should not select 3BB?

There are no rules. Best course of action is to ask as many of your neighbours as you can and go with whichever seems best in your street.