New Electronic/Alliance Store

FarangBuddha

The Power Buy folks are opening a large free standing store on one of the large lots being developed up from Foodland. Looks to be similar in size to Numchai and will provide another option for such purchases.

This is in addition to the Tuk Com going in a few doors away.

Edited by FarangBuddha

I thought that the new "tukcom" was going up on the site where Xcite Disco used to be, which is on Third Road ?

Nope, the owner of Excite is opening a shopping mall with IT centre, with regards to Power Buy lots of reports on forums of very bad after sales service and they are to be avoided.

Thanks for the update. I saw the shop and was wondering what it was.

I expect they will have the same stuff as all the other stores at comparable prices. It's a pity with so many stores none of them try to offer goods that are a little outside the standard 80% mainstream stuff.

Thanks for the update. I saw the shop and was wondering what it was.

I expect they will have the same stuff as all the other stores at comparable prices. It's a pity with so many stores none of them try to offer goods that are a little outside the standard 80% mainstream stuff.

It's indeed a pity,but that is how Thailand functions,look at the big OTOP centers they're building everywhere these days and where every shop sells the same product.I'm sure there is no Thai word for diversification.

Drove by it this morning, you can easily see the building now they have taken down the outer construction wall facing the road.

Looks like they are now fitting out the shop and taking stocking inside already.

I see a nice handy car park out front as well.

Drove by it this morning, you can easily see the building now they have taken down the outer construction wall facing the road.

Looks like they are now fitting out the shop and taking stocking inside already.

I see a nice handy car park out front as well.

Yup,that carpark after it is halved to accommodate the motorbikes is just big enough for the managers car,the delivery truck ,a suppliers truck and if they have all parked straight which I doubt , maybe one more customer car.:)

and you thought the right lane was to be avoided right when you got closer to Foodland. Throw TukCom in the mix and you've got yourself a stew goin'...

Ugh...didn't think about this. Klang is already a very busy road. Anybody want to take a guess at when TukCom will open????

What direction is "up"? It would be helpful if posters giving directions would use the compass directions, and indicate an approximate distance when making reference to a nearby location.

Not everyone is approaching from the same direction as you. Words such as "near" can take on a different meaning whether one is travelling by vehicle or on foot.

What direction is "up"? It would be helpful if posters giving directions would use the compass directions, and indicate an approximate distance when making reference to a nearby location.

Not everyone is approaching from the same direction as you. Words such as "near" can take on a different meaning whether one is travelling by vehicle or on foot.

Most people don't carry a compass with them so directions by the cardinal points would be mostly useless but better descriptions of direction are always useful.

Edited by PattayaParent

Most people don't carry a compass with them so directions by the cardinal points would be mostly useless but better descriptions of direction are always useful.

I agree. "heading toward beach" or "heading away from beach" or "heading toward Sukhumvit" would have been a better way to give directions. "Up the road" normally just means "along the road" and doesn't indicate altitude in most situations.

Any recommendations on where to buy a wireless mouse, what is a good brand, and what is a good price?

Cheers.

Tuk Com and Logitech

Agree 100% on that, buy only Logitec and Tuk Com is the place, 1000 baht for a keyboard and mouse set, tried other brands but they all seem to fail after a few weeks.

I went this afternoon, to have a look and to buy some stuff

My Impressions is that it is a very spacious store, roomy, good light, but the noise levels over there were atrocious, and that made it that I didn't want to stay long enough to look at all the Merchandise, so I ended up buying Nothing.

Edited by MJCM

I went this afternoon, to have a look and to buy some stuff

My Impressions is that it is a very spacious store, roomy, good light, but the noise levels over there were atrocious, and that made it that I didn't want to stay long enough to look at all the Merchandise, so I ended up buying Nothing.

Always carry earplugs with you in Thailand.

They obviously could not get the city electric company to hook them up to the mains, so they are running a large generator next to the "Spirit House"

Have a good demo area for 3D TV screens if you want to see how they look

I saw that...<deleted>...must be for backup.

They obviously could not get the city electric company to hook them up to the mains, so they are running a large generator next to the "Spirit House"

Have a good demo area for 3D TV screens if you want to see how they look

I saw that...<deleted>...must be for backup.

No, if you look at the electric lines on the pole in front of the store you will see the lines are not connected. I think that they put the generator adjacent to the pole so that they could use their internal wiring and just connect the mains when the electric company "fits them in ". Nice to know that everyone has to wait in Thailand

Does anyone know if they sell Kindle or Nook e- readers in this new store?

If not there anywhere else in Pattaya?

If not in Pattaya anywhere else in Thailand?

Thanks in advance. ( 'cos an online purchase is not an option for me):)

and you thought the right lane was to be avoided right when you got closer to Foodland. Throw TukCom in the mix and you've got yourself a stew goin'...

This has been my thought exactly since I saw the new TukCom being built (not just for the right lane wherever "right" is, the whole area is going to become a big traffic problem).

Having another TukCom in the city is positive. Having it next to Foodland, from a selfish point of view, will not be good. A lot of time wasted in traffic coming soon to that area.

Maybe Foodland would consider opening a new supermarket in the Jomtien area? (wishful thinking).

I don't think the new power buy store will affect the area that much. Like Numchai store, it is not a place to "hang out", whilst TukCom is.