Police To Question Suphoth Further

Lite Beer

Police to question Suphoth further

By Supachai Phetchthewee

The Nation on Sunday

30170714-01_big.jpg

Police will next week summon Transport Ministry permanent secretary Suphoth Sublom for further questioning about the burglary of his Bangkok home earlier this month, particularly about exactly how much money was stolen from him.

The November 11 break-in, in which the suspects reportedly got away with some Bt200 million in cash, resulted in the arrest of nine suspects and the seizure of some Bt18 million cash. Three suspects remain at large: alleged gang leader Weerasak Chualee, Pongsak Namwong and Kamnuan Meknoi. Metropolitan Police Bureau commander Winai Thongsong said yesterday that local police had contacted their Laotian counterparts to help locate Weerasak, who is reportedly hiding in that country.

Winai dismissed news reports that Weerasak had contacted police to arrange a surrender. The officer said he had sent police to check Weerasak's home in Kanchanaburi upon learning that the suspect had stopped there, but they found no cash.

After an initial delay to allow police to determine how much money had been seized from the suspects, Winai said Suphoth would be summoned next week and asked to supply additional information - including the precise amount of money stolen - as the amount police seized from suspects did not match the amount Suphoth initially told police he had lost.

Winai said Metropolitan Police Colonel Banleusak Khlib-ngern had applied for a court order to search nine locations in which suspect Prapan Ruangkrua, who earlier turned himself in, might have hidden stolen cash. Seven locations were in Pathum Thani, one was in Nakhon Nayok and one was Prapan's former workplace at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-11-27

After an initial delay to allow police to determine how much money had been seized from the suspects, Winai said Suphoth would be summoned next week and asked to supply additional information - including the precise amount of money stolen - as the amount police seized from suspects did not match the amount Suphoth initially told police he had lost.

Will I be suprised next week to find out that Supoth has suddenly "remembered" about extra money he had stashed around the place that equals the sum the police have come up with? Though how he will explain that amount away will be interesting.

Edited by phiphidon

some things donot add up, if you got ill gotten gains in your home I donot think you would want to shine the spot light on yourself. Now if he thought himself untouchable then we get our buddy to investigate the crime but it goes south when the crooks turn themselves in and start dropping a dime on you. Very interesting story I guess it will all work out for everyone concerned, maybe they can get the farang husband of the youngest daughter to help out. How much sinsod did that cost.

Will I be suprised next week to find out that Supoth has suddenly "remembered" about extra money he had stashed around the place that equals the sum the police have come up with? Though how he will explain that amount away will be interesting.

I think an attorney who barely squeaked by passing his bar examination could impeach a witness who is a self proclaimed thief. Not to mention the questionable "chain of evidence" in this case.

http://www.enotes.com/evidence-chain-custody-reference/evidence-chain-custody

Although if they step into the courtroom of the judge who hung that poor alleged SMS'ing luung out to dry, then it may already be a fait accompli.

The entire story smells fishy:

First Supot reported just 1 million Baht stolen. Then he changed that to 5 million Baht stolen. The theft apparently took place on the very evening Supot and the family attended the daughter's wedding somewhere else, and Supoth claimed the stolen money was the "dowry". Isn't a "dowry supposed to be handed over AT (i.e. DURING) a wedding reception? Why was that supposed "dowry" in the house? The police reportedly confiscated more than 18 million Baht from the thiefs, an amount that already exceeds more than three-fold the sum Supoth claimed was stolen. Meanwhile, the police "believe" that actually around 100 million Baht were taken by the gang, the ringleaders of which still remain at large. The thiefs caught so far insist they had taken about 200 million Baht, and that there was a lot more stashed in the house, which they estimate to be in the region of 700 million to 1 billion Baht. Oh, and not to forget: Supoth claims he had (conveniently...?) switched off the residence's alarm system "for fear of being electrocuted". Why would he be afraid of that if he and the entire family were at the wedding?

Quite mindboggling, huh?

Supoj has been accused of corruption. The revelations so far reveal not corruption but more like organised crime akin to the Godfather, he even resembles Marlin Brando with cotton wool in his mouth.

Edited by Morgo

I read elswhere that Suphoth has been put on a non active post at the PM,s department.

Suspect he will be given the task of teaching the reds who have recently been given Govt posts how to obtain the best personal benefit from their new jobs.

Supoj has been accused of corruption. The revelations so far reveal not corruption but more like organised crime akin to the Godfather, he even resembles Marlin Brando with cotton wool in his mouth.

What revelations? Has anything at all been revealed other than allegations?

And a shit load of cash.

What revelations? Has anything at all been revealed other than allegations?

And a shit load of cash.

And what does that prove? I've got some cash. I imagine you've got some. What's that prove? How is it tied to the guy they're accusing? This case would get laughed out of court anywhere in the world.

I'm not saying this guy isn't dirty. I'd willing to bet he is, but this farce of a justice system sure as hell isn't proving it. He's right to keep his mouth shut as the "law enforcement" will somehow screw up the case.