Handmade Thai Stainless Cutlery-Wine Buckets-Bowls

thinkingman

I am looking for a store that sells the Thai stainless cutlery that I believe is made up north. I am especially looking for the style with the knot that hangs on a rack. There was a store in the Floating Market, but it is now "finished". I have tried the bottom floor of Central and Mike plaza and folks say "must go to Bangkok". Also have tried the big storenext to Foodland.

The best/easiest place is Chatuchak Market outside Bangkok. There are at least 3 large volume sellers of stainless tableware in a variety of styles, including the one with the knot at the end of the handle. The price difference will likely pay for your trip to BKK, assuming you buy 8+ place settings. There are two Thai/Chinese sisters with one shop there that are very helpful, provide good service and offer good prices. I caution you that, while that style looks very attractive, and the hanging frame is a great idea for outside eating and parties, it feels awkward in the hand, and may not get used very much as a result. We have 16 place settings of the knot handle tableware, purchased at Chatuchak, but everyone always grabs for the cheap plain stuff that we bought at one of the local markets.

"I am looking for a store that sells the Thai stainless cutlery that I believe is made up north. I am especially looking for the style with the knot that hangs on a rack."

I have a set of these, bought about ten years ago in Bangkok from the factory shop, which at that time was in MBK, I cant remember the name of company, used to be very popular, most of their businness was supplying Thai restauarants overseas.

If you want name will try to find when I get home, out of town at the moment, PM me.