New Volvo S60 Drive - 1.6L Turbo E85, 1,899,000 Baht

as for comments on engine displacement, its 27 years ago saabs 2,3T outperfomed most V8, about same time frame for audis 2,2 inline 5T, and 15 years ago vw/audis 1,8T 5 valve provided 210hp with chips only, 225hp with additional exhaust and airsupply, as sold in audi TT few years back

there is no substitute to cc was valid 50 years ago. only harley remains in this believe, and they are slow :lol:

Yep.

The original goal of the ecoboost engine range was to replace Ford USA's range of larger capacity/pot donks, with engines that are substantially more fuel efficient without sacrificing performance (e.g. the 2.0L ecoboost replaces the Ford 4.0L V6). They make sense in every market though..

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a Life , whats the possible use of that power here Moonie , instant Death. ?.

5555! Instant Death! The Sky Is falling! My HP's have changed the gravity of the Earth!

If you think 200HP is a lot, you are definitely getting too old for this caper :)

Edit: I should qualify that better. I think that 200HP made aftermarket in a big-boost turbo'd 15yo Civic with a chassis about as stiff as marshmallow is way too much, but 200HP of smooth, controlled power, in a well engineered chassis is never enough ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Get a Life , whats the possible use of that power here Moonie , instant Death. ?. Dont care what you say , its still a Fart Box that never will kiss a Mitsu baseds 4 Pot for Stamina , or the Subaru's Arse for reliability. I return to the price 40 GBP for a mediocre Fords is bloody daft.. Its a Prats Toy. Bash the B.M. as much as you like, { not You } but its not driven by Chavs or Fortuna Wannabees. A Teena would be my choice.biggrin.gif.

well the lack of power from stock engine is my major concern, stock it performs on par with Vigo chipped, and slower than Ranger 3,2 chipped

GBP, three times in my life. Language school in eastbourne when I was 15, boatshow Southhampton and transfer for my 50 foot FB cruiser in 1999.

Its 1,9 mill baht, slightly more than a sluggish teana/camry/accord

and my toy is green :Dpost-81971-0-36936300-1322474202_thumb.j post-81971-0-19259600-1322474489_thumb.j

as for comments on engine displacement, its 27 years ago saabs 2,3T outperfomed most V8, about same time frame for audis 2,2 inline 5T, and 15 years ago vw/audis 1,8T 5 valve provided 210hp with chips only, 225hp with additional exhaust and airsupply, as sold in audi TT few years back

there is no substitute to cc was valid 50 years ago. only harley remains in this believe, and they are slow :lol:

Yep.

The original goal of the ecoboost engine range was to replace Ford USA's range of larger capacity/pot donks, with engines that are substantially more fuel efficient without sacrificing performance (e.g. the 2.0L ecoboost replaces the Ford 4.0L V6). They make sense in every market though..

Nissan GTR 3,5, is it 530hp latest edition?

Yep.

Nissan GTR 3,5, is it 530hp latest edition?

Hehe, yep and the 911 GT2 RS makes 620HP from just 3.6L, but they're supercars ;)

Back down to Earth a bit, the 3.5L Ford ecoboost makes 370HP / 569Nm in OEM form, but we'll never see it in TH :(

Get a Life , whats the possible use of that power here Moonie , instant Death. ?. Dont care what you say , its still a Fart Box that never will kiss a Mitsu baseds 4 Pot for Stamina , or the Subaru's Arse for reliability. I return to the price 40 GBP for a mediocre Fords is bloody daft.. Its a Prats Toy. Bash the B.M. as much as you like, { not You } but its not driven by Chavs or Fortuna Wannabees. A Teena would be my choice.biggrin.gif.

well the lack of power from stock engine is my major concern, stock it performs on par with Vigo chipped, and slower than Ranger 3,2 chipped

GBP, three times in my life. Language school in eastbourne when I was 15, boatshow Southhampton and transfer for my 50 foot FB cruiser in 1999.

Its 1,9 mill baht, slightly more than a sluggish teana/camry/accord

and my toy is green :Dpost-81971-0-36936300-1322474202_thumb.j post-81971-0-19259600-1322474489_thumb.j

Yes , but your Toyota doesn't handle like a Wheelie Bin , A Spivo must rank on handling at speed on par with a Dumper Truck. The wheelbase is to short , it sits to hi , and the Suspensions set wrong, i gave it a shot and gave up, it shimmeys unless you EMU It , then its rock hard. Despite what some posters think , i dont have a downer on much here. Just those who cant face that the Bar Girls / Housewives Choice isnt the Best .biggrin.gif

A Spivo must rank on handling at speed on par with a Dumper Truck. The wheelbase is to short , it sits to hi , and the Suspensions set wrong, i gave it a shot and gave up, it shimmeys unless you EMU It , then its rock hard.

The Fortuner's problem is a soft chassis - VIGO distributes weight over a much larger span due to it's leaf springs (two mounting points), Fortuner's springs have only one. There's only so much you can correct with uprated shocks, springs and bushes...

Not sure how the 'tuna made it into this thread though...

Let's start bashing the Accord's terrible road noise or the Camry Hybrid's horrific throttle lag instead :D

hehe.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Nice reviews of the S60 but there are 2 little problems in Thailand with Volvos

1 Cost of spare parts:one of my friend had a S60.Automatic gearbox out of order after around 2 years.No intervention of Volvo.The quote of the electronic box driving the gearbox was..240 000 b

Finally a grey import from Malaysia costed 80 000b

2 resales value.The car price was 2.300 k b.After 3 years Volvo proposed 800 k if my friend bought a new one explaining the S60 is unsalable second hand. :lol: And it was during a motor show

So buyers beware

A Spivo must rank on handling at speed on par with a Dumper Truck. The wheelbase is to short , it sits to hi , and the Suspensions set wrong, i gave it a shot and gave up, it shimmeys unless you EMU It , then its rock hard.

The Fortuner's problem is a soft chassis - VIGO distributes weight over a much larger span due to it's leaf springs (two mounting points), Fortuner's springs have only one. There's only so much you can correct with uprated shocks, springs and bushes...

Not sure how the 'tuna made it into this thread though...

Let's start bashing the Accord's terrible road noise or the Camry Hybrid's horrific throttle lag instead :D

hehe.

ad the teanas cvt rubber band auto. The camrys overheating auto when trying to cruise 160kmh, it actually starts shifting 3,4,5 and back at constant speed until lower speed has cooled it down, camrys windnoise and extremely od steering, light at high speed heavy around town

both camrys and teanas US market comfy suspension requiring an excellent driver to keep them on the road above 160kmh, which accord is better at, but the ride is harsh, ouch the road noise level compensated by auto soundsystem volume :unsure: ,

S60 has it all, comfort and traction, just like bmw,benz,audi, skoda superb, vw and a few more. Quiet. seemless power delivery, sharp steering

and now you know why I dont bother to keep a japs sedan any more B) well I have only had 2 in my life, 2007 Camry2,4 and 2008 Accord 2,4

and is considering the cost of TH Volvo ownership

or just stick with fantastic value pickups ;)

and WS, tuna is fine, spivos springs is a disaster :D

Thing is with Toyo /Honda / you can change them without breaking the Bank. How many would want that Vulva after the Moon and KBB had thrashed it round Thailand.cheesy.gif. djinn says it all .Thats one hell of a Repair Smack for an established Model . What would the Bills be like for a Car with gizmo's that dont even work when its New. I would Love one, but couldn't justify it using common sence.

Thing is with Toyo /Honda / you can change them without breaking the Bank. How many would want that Vulva after the Moon and KBB had thrashed it round Thailand.cheesy.gif. djinn says it all .Thats one hell of a Repair Smack for an established Model . What would the Bills be like for a Car with gizmo's that dont even work when its New. I would Love one, but couldn't justify it using common sence.

I was paid to trash Volvos, on dirt roads, tracks (well airfields at that time) and autobahn. we also trashed japs and other euros for comparison. guess which ones survived?

as I used to trash cars, I find no pleasure in it anymore. go with the flow around town and short highwaytrips, half throttle up to 50kmh, then 100% up to desired cruisingspeed, and of course same sped through the curves

I have changed hondas and toyos without breaking the bank, but no point in buying them as camry/accord/teana return the same as a pickup, but only for 20% of the milage, then their starting to get worne. oh, their better in the VIP parking and outside nightclubs, but so is my Ninja

I here the flames coming :D

I was paid to trash Volvos, on dirt roads, tracks (well airfields at that time) and autobahn. we also trashed japs and other euros for comparison. guess which ones survived?

as I used to trash cars, I find no pleasure in it anymore. go with the flow around town and short highwaytrips, half throttle up to 50kmh, then 100% up to desired cruisingspeed, and of course same sped through the curves

I have changed hondas and toyos without breaking the bank, but no point in buying them as camry/accord/teana return the same as a pickup, but only for 20% of the milage, then their starting to get worne. oh, their better in the VIP parking and outside nightclubs, but so is my Ninja

I here the flames coming :D

If you were paid to trash the G.M. Range sold here you would have been finished by Lunchtime.cheesy.gif.

New BMW 3 Series Diesel Under 25K GBP. 145 mph. Not bad value , compared to a 1600 Volvo at 40 K.GBP here.biggrin.gif

The base model BMW 320D is 55K GBP in Thailand, in fact the cheapest 3 series (318i) is 46K GBP, so I guess what you're saying is the S60 T4 (which is actually 39K GBP) makes them look seriously overpriced, yes?

555! :D

WS, if you're going to make comparisons, at least keep them all the same fruit, LOL ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

It shows a Realistic Worth . A Diamond is much the same price World Over. But then a Volvo / Fiesta is a Diamond to some nit wits.Proton Rules . O.K..!! Cheap n Cheerful. Just how many could you buy compared to one Car built by Muppet Chef's. Oogley Dooble Meto Mat , they had to build em in England so the World could read the Handbook.cheesy.gif. Yes id still love one. Same price as a an Accord though..

It shows a Realistic Worth . A Diamond is much the same price World Over. But then a Volvo / Fiesta is a Diamond to some nit wits.Proton Rules . O.K..!! Cheap n Cheerful. Just how many could you buy compared to one Car built by Muppet Chef's. Oogley Dooble Meto Mat , they had to build em in England so the World could read the Handbook.cheesy.gif. Yes id still love one. Same price as a an Accord though..

Don't do it. It's too painful! Only a sadist compares Western car prices to Thai car prices ;)

And forget "what it's worth", as it's all just due to the taxes here (which the S40 T4 does a pretty good job of minimizing).

When in Rome..

New BMW 3 Series Diesel Under 25K GBP. 145 mph. Not bad value , compared to a 1600 Volvo at 40 K.GBP here.biggrin.gif

any car in the UK is pretty bad value, as I cant use it here :unsure:

and I am here +350 days a year, cause I love to be here :D

but lets do the bmw-volvo thing anyway, starting with I am a bmw fan :)

Volvo S80 2,5 Sport, 245hp/360Nm is 2,6 million baht

BMW 523i forget but approx 180hp/220Nm is almost 4 million baht. doesnt get my vote, or money

Volvo S60 180hp/260Nm is 1,9 million baht

not sure what 3 series has on offer here petrolwise as the only one I find interesting is 320d, similar power, but 3,2 million baht. doesnt get my vote or money

now there is one bmw, 525d with its sweet 3,0 oilburner, but+4 million baht, ouch. thers is one more, 520d, and doing some fleetsaletricks it can be purchased by a co ltd for 3,250.000 baht. could get my vote and money

What Volvo has done is to adapt to TH tax system extremely well, and thus have almost acceptable salesprices in TH

In addition they have adapted to TH fuel politics, making fuel costs very low running E85 at 22 baht/liter

Clever Volvo, or is it owner Geely pushing to achive desired volume

I too Love it Here. But we are not all lucky enough, to be paid here , and fiddle the Tax. You can read a Volvo Handbook , thats cheating.. Be Warned, ive got a few days off, so i shalll go wheelkicking the Almeira, and sprinting past Chevy Dealers.cheesy.gif

Havent read a cars hanbook since I got a new Range Rover in 1993. Couldnt figure out how to set up the remote memory seats and mirrors, still couldnt by reading the handbook, so my wife did it :D

WS forget the almeira, imported citys to be delivered in a month

KBB ,I can foreget everything , had my ride all Maguired yesterday , intended to go poncing around in it for a change. Im left with a Dirty Accord with bloody great scratch down the side....................... Seeing as you have nothing to do all day, you can get it fixed for me , ill take yours. Ah Well.annoyed.gif .

any car in the UK is pretty bad value, as I cant use it here :unsure:

and I am here +350 days a year, cause I love to be here :D

but lets do the bmw-volvo thing anyway, starting with I am a bmw fan :)

Volvo S80 2,5 Sport, 245hp/360Nm is 2,6 million baht

BMW 523i forget but approx 180hp/220Nm is almost 4 million baht. doesnt get my vote, or money

Volvo S60 180hp/260Nm is 1,9 million baht

not sure what 3 series has on offer here petrolwise as the only one I find interesting is 320d, similar power, but 3,2 million baht. doesnt get my vote or money

now there is one bmw, 525d with its sweet 3,0 oilburner, but+4 million baht, ouch. thers is one more, 520d, and doing some fleetsaletricks it can be purchased by a co ltd for 3,250.000 baht. could get my vote and money

What Volvo has done is to adapt to TH tax system extremely well, and thus have almost acceptable salesprices in TH

In addition they have adapted to TH fuel politics, making fuel costs very low running E85 at 22 baht/liter

Clever Volvo, or is it owner Geely pushing to achive desired volume

Gotta love it...a Geely Volvo :)

• 3 weeks later...

Volvo has just launched its V60 (estate) plug in hybrid.

2,4 5 pot diesel 215hp/440Nm fwd

70hp/200Nm rearwheeldrive el engine

6 speed dsg

its plug and charge li-ion batteries are able to deliver 50km alone at max 120kmh. so go to work, charge at work again and go home again on el only, 100km a day

in hybrid modus, el engine when sufficient. diesel power when needed, +50km/liter. CO2 49g/km

range is 1000km before charge or fuel is needed

features like preheater and preaircon can be controlled by androide-phone

initial 1.000 units starts delivery October 2012, in silver metallic only

unfortunately my source is Volvo language, and I cant find a link to another language source, but I am sure one of you computerclever guys can :)