Nasa Vegas Hotel

HansBlinkers

I have stayed there before.

Rooms are smallish and furniture is old

but for the price it is ok

It is right across the street from Ramkamhaeng Airport link

so that is convenient, for travel to and fro airport and you can get

downtown in 10 minutes for 20 baht

due to their easy to see location -2 buildings, 1 hotel, 1 longtime aprmt-from ARL they have managed to get loads of guests and upped the price from 350 to 599 or 699 now in just 2 years. As above: old, worn, not very updated.

you sit out in the sticks- for just 1 nite with flights in+out OK-though there are loads of nicer places arond Lard Krabang for that now- but to see BKK you have to realise that ANY place to visit means a train+Bts (=50 bt till ''centre'') ride and back. In the area right around there is not much.

There have been disturbing stories here that they flatly refuse peope with black skin-and no refund either. Bad former expereince or so- for an USAer hell will break loose, but in Thailand noone blinks about that. But dont know if that was one-off for someone really misbehaving or how true this all was.

Around further stops of ARL there are dozens of other hotels too-at least you then are more close to city centre. And dont forget that an easy change to BTS at Phyyathai brings you to about all of tourist BKK=from 2-3 days much better. Plus that most of you seem to overlook that taxis are not that expensive, far better suited for in+out with luggage and thus able to go anywhere in town. Your gross savings are less as 5 euro for the train vs taxi return

Nasa Vegas Hotel or Apartment buildings are not far up the road from where I live now. I checked them out when I was looking for an apartment near Ram University and airport link. I used to see Nasa Vegas Hotel quite a bit and went there. I didn’t care of the Thai women staff who wanted to overcharge me for practically everything. The rooms were cheap, small and smells like an Old person’s room at an person’s rest home.

I go past there every day and to be honest I didnt know they were a real hotel offering overnight accommodation...if you know what I mean!?

I thought it was a place you could go if you needed a room for a couple of hours for an ...ahem.....business meeting...cough cough

I've stayed there many times and consider it a pretty good value. Never had a problem with staff or with being overcharged. They do charge for the drinking water so if you do stay there, buy your own across the tracks at the Family Mart.

The rooms and furnishings are a bit dated but for the price, B690 not bad. I have never had a room there that was dirty. Oh, one hint. Try to get a room facing away from the tracks as the passing trains are loud.

Not much going on around there at night except Isan Tawan Daeng, just a few blocks away on Pattanakhan.

The new rail link station across the street does make it more convenient.

I've stayed there twice... the first time I had a 'refurbished room' which was great, clean, loads of hot water and a very comfortable bed. The second time I used their 'discount card' and got a non-refurbished room but still clean and acceptable.

The bar stays open late and the beers were cheap for a hotel... 120 for a large bottle Heineken... and the tom yung goong was excellent. I chose not to take breakfast for no other reason than I don't eat breakfast very often.

The fishtanks around the lobby and restaurant are amazing and I always found the staff friendly and accommodating.

I stopped staying there when I got a decent rate on the Club Floor at a hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11 but would happily stay at Nasa Vegas again.

As for the non-taking of dark coloured guests well.. has not been debunked already?

Stayed at NASA for 6 months, the rooms are very small, and walls are thin. There are however bigger rooms upstairs with jacuzzis.

But for a longer term stay check out the BOSS hotel on Rama 4 and ask to stay in the new building, rooms are 3 times as big and more modern.