Where Is The Nearest Farang?

PattaniMan

Relative to where you live, how far away is the nearest farang?

Answers might be:

1. in the apartment next to me

2. three houses away

3. I'm in soi 2 -- there's a German guy over in soi 8

4. there's that fat guy on the other side of town -- about half a mile away

5. 2 villages away -- probably about 6 miles from here

6. what's a farang?

As for me, the Red Cross guys quit town a few weeks back and I may now be the only farang for miles and miles and miles.

The last time I saw a farang was more than a month ago in Had Yai -- about 100km from here.

The only foreigner -other than I- in my village is a South-Korean industrial tycoon.

There were a group of mormons who rented a villa, a year -or so- ago, but they mysteriously disappeared.

The closer farangs are the teachers at Kasintorn St-Peter school -several kilometers away-, but I only see their sad faces when I am having a morning beer in the market, while they are rushing to go to work.

The only foreigner -other than I- in my village is a South-Korean industrial tycoon.

There were a group of mormons who rented a villa, a year -or so- ago, but they mysteriously disappeared.

The closer farangs are the teachers at Kasintorn St-Peter school -several kilometers away-, but I only see their sad faces when I am having a morning beer in the market, while they are rushing to go to work.

Am sure you see loads of foreigners rushing to get to Immigration in the mornings as well.

Cruel but true!

It's always good to enjoy a beer while watching sad farangs rushing to work.

Gourmet mate they're most probably sad because they're thinking " Look at that destitute old alkie who needs a beer for breakfast" :D

Am sure you see loads of foreigners rushing to get to Immigration in the mornings as well.

Correct...

Even -from time to time when I am in a good mood- I am giving them a lift to the nearest taxi stop.

Gourmet mate they're most probably sad because they're thinking " Look at that destitute old alkie who needs a beer for breakfast" :D

thumbsup.gif

The last one that I saw was two weeks ago when I went to Tesco in Singburi 105 kilometers from my home. We looked at each other and grunted hello. Ilive in farmland, the last house and electric pole on a dirt road in the middle of sugar cand and corn fields 13 kilomters from the nearest small town on love it.

Currently there are farangs in my Moo Bahn, but I am almost finished building my house in the sticks. There is a house about 25 minutes drive from my new place that is rumored to belong to an Italian. Other than that it is probably an hours drive to find the next paleskin.

I think the nearest Farangs live about 15 kms away. Usually see one or two when I go to Tesco Lotus in Salok Bat, Changwat Kampaeng Phet.

We usually exchange a nod and a 'hello' and continue on our separate ways. If I'd needed Farang company I'd be living in Bangers, Pattaya or perhaps Chiang Mai.

The Nearest farang is about 80klm away. I'm well up country. There are no other resident farang in the area. I can't say I miss being amongst other farangs. from those I have had contact with. Well I'd rather not bother with them. Only a couple guys worth chatting to when I do go to the provincial city.

The Nearest farang is about 80klm away. I'm well up country. There are no other resident farang in the area. I can't say I miss being amongst other farangs. from those I have had contact with. Well I'd rather not bother with them. Only a couple guys worth chatting to when I do go to the provincial city.

Wow! You're probably about the same as me.

Wouldn't it be strange, though, if one day you discovered that another farang not only lived very close to you, but had actually been living very close to you for years.

in nearly 10 years of living in our town of about 12k pop. I've only seen about 5 other foreigners mostly at the local, small Lotus or near the food area by bus station, never seen the same one twice...I'm usually ready with a smile and a nod but am always ignored... <deleted> 'em; I get plenty of attention from the bums down the market...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Wow! You're probably about the same as me.

Wouldn't it be strange, though, if one day you discovered that another farang not only lived very close to you, but had actually been living very close to you for years.

I know of a couple ladies in the tambon who are married to foreigners, but they don't live here. If there were any farang living here I think I would know about it. Unless they were more of a hermit than myself, lol. I would guess the province doesn't have a very large farang community anyway, if you don't include the farang teachers who come and go.

Especially if it was under your bed.