Example Of Parental Letter Of Consent

mild7even

According to the MoFA site at http://www.mfa.go.th/web/473.php?id=3167, in order to get a Thai passport for a child, "A parental consent letter and a certified copy of the parent’s Citizenship I.D. Card of non-appearing parent".

Does anyone have an example of the parental consent letter? Is it a standard format that is required, or just a statement drafted out on any letterhead?

Also, for the "Citizenship ID Card", does a passport suffice?

I did a search of the forums and saw some discussion, but could not find the specific format for this letter. I am not in Thailand at the moment so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Suggest you contact the amphur, they can certify the signature also.

The passport should be enough, as that also carries the national ID-number. But might look strange as one must have an ID-card. If it is the non-Thai parent, the passport is certainly good enough as there is no Thai-ID card.

Suggest you contact the amphur, they can certify the signature also.

The passport should be enough, as that also carries the national ID-number. But might look strange as one must have an ID-card. If it is the non-Thai parent, the passport is certainly good enough as there is no Thai-ID card.

Yes, I think if I could go to the amphur, they would have a format ready for me to sign. However, I am not in Thailand and won't be back any time soon. I am prepared to sign the statement and have it notarized, but just need to know what the format is for the parental letter of consent. Any ideas? Anyone have a copy?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I looked at the Thai embassy site and found a page of links of documents relating to passports. However, they are all in Thai. It has been years since I really studied--can anyone look at the attached form and see if that is the parental consent form?

Thanks!

I translated it for you. Hope this help.

child-pp.pdf