90 Day Reporting Warning

I have a retirement extension to a non-imm 'O', and have renewed it for 3 years now. This year on August 4th I reported my address at Immigration as demanded. On 24th August I extended my retirement visa for a further year.

Now in my naivete I assumed that as I was giving my address to Immigration on the extension form, this counted as reporting my address, so I went back to Immigration yesterday (21st November) as it was 90 days from 24th August.

Oh no, I was told - extending your visa (and thereby reporting your address) doesn't count, so you are 20 days late in reporting - it will cost you 2000 baht. I tried to protest, but the officer mumbled soething about cancelling the visa, so I just paid up, humbly.

An expensive lesson! :o And a warning to anyone else in a similar situation. The only time you are considered to have reported is when you do it on the official form (or return to the Kingdom after a trip abroad).

An expensive lesson! :o And a warning to anyone else in a similar situation. The only time you are considered to have reported is when you do it on the official form (or return to the Kingdom after a trip abroad).

Last year I went to further extend at Soi 8 in Pattaya and also assumed my very presence there was de facto reporting.

As it happened, my 90 Day report was due at the same time but I had neglected to fill out a TM 47 as it did not even occur to me.

I was ticked off by the female officer and had to fill in the form there and then.

Since then another female officer who seems to be in charge of 90 Day reporting makes something of a drama each time she returns my Passport as she warns me about being fined if I fail to report on time.

So, yes they are strict but at least the warnings suggest they are not on commission... :D

Sorry to hear you were fined eyebee, but at least others should now be aware that they play it by the book in Pattaya for 90 Day reporting.

Interesting.

A slightly different scenario I know but, when I got my last extension (against a work permit) a slip of paper in my passport stated that I had to report every 90 days and that the fact that an extension had been issued was a de-facto report had a 'must report by' stamp too. Unfortunately said paper was retained when I did my 90 day report (2 days early).

This was of course at BKK immi.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

The above is on the immigration web site so it appears that if you have not done 90 day reporting the first extension of stay report is now considered your first 90 day report and you start from there. From wording the next Tm.7 would not appear to be treated the same.

Did your start date correspond to the date of application (Tm.7 file) or the date of final one year issue after under review period?

Yes, it seemed to be all legal and above board. The Pattaya Immigration Office has changed beyond all recognition since we have had the new chief. Seems to be no corruption or graft now.

:chessy:

When I had to report every month whilst my "marriage" visa was under consideration, that counted as reporting.

I arrived in Pattaya with a 1 year Multy entry O visa on June 25 this year Sept 22nd I took a visa run and was given another stamp for 90 days On Dec 20 th I am going to Cambodia for 4 days and upon my return will get stamped in for another 90 days so Am I missing something here Do I dave to report for the 90 days also or do the Visa runs cover that ??

You do not stay in Thailand longer than 90 days doing the visa runs so no report is due (plus each filling out of a Tm.6 arrival card is counted as a report). Those on extension of stay are those that have to report (when they stay longer than 90 days).

Hereforgood; No 90 day reporting for you as your new entry card covers the same requirement. Cheers!

You do not stay in Thailand longer than 90 days doing the visa runs so no report is due (plus each filling out of a Tm.6 arrival card is counted as a report). Those on extension of stay are those that have to report (when they stay longer than 90 days).

Thanks guys very much !!