Legal Advice Or Recommendations

I've been living in a Moobaan for almost 4 years now. Every year around this time (November - January) they seem to burn all the wild rubbish tips around the Moobaan. Some people make charcoal!!! It smells horrible and you can't sleep. Don't even think about opening windows and doors. It usually burns all night. They start at about 5 pm and the stench stays all night. Horrible and drives me crazy.

My question:

Are there any legal possibilities to stop this? Or should I go to the Tesabaan and complain there? Thais are really ignorant when it comes to something like that. They go around every night collecting the garbage, so why do they have to burn the shit!!! No one else seems to be concerned in the Moobaan about it. Would a petition work if I can convince them it's good for their families' health?

Any 'good' input welcome.

Thx in advance

Good advice is that what you see is not uncommon at all. It is not liked but still accepted. You are wrong when you write that Thais are ignorant when it comes to things like this, they are not. They are just realistic - something that you should learn to be too or move

Legal option: Yes, you will spend 50,000 baht getting an order in your favour that most people will ignore after 3 months and there is nothing you can do about. Come waving the court order and the question will be: Do you want us to burn it for you? You will piss "the bad" people off for nothing AND you will be disliked by "the good" for being a typical farang trouble maker

Tessabaan: Yes, by all means. If you get them to talk to the garbage burners, then they will be tactical and if there really is an alternative, then it will work. If there isn't or it the alternative costs money, then it won't. Don't expect too much because collecting the garbage that is burnt will of course cost, I hope you understand that

So why do they have to burn the shit? Stupid ignorant question of you new farang, they burn it because it is free but having it collected costs money

This is good input, especially my advise that you should re-think your approach to this. Forget anything but being tactical, it won't work anyway

So it looks like moving would be the better option. And I think getting further away from the suburb is better too.

Realistic is that it cost money to collect it, that's right. But seeing people up in arms during the flooding is realistic then too. No one, of course explained them that burning their rubbish will indirectly support global warming!

So without the proper education it's a lost case!!

But thanks anyway

Education is the biggest problem Thailand has (not corruption). The middle class is running away from the working class and better schools aren't going to fix the problem because education starts at home - and it simply isn't there in working class homes

The working class will continue to burn garbage troubling others to save a hundred baht for many years to come

I contacted the Thai pollution control department.

www.pcd.go.th/indexeng.cfm

Who sent the following

-------------------------------------------------

We would recommend you to inform this situation to the local authority which is xxxxx Town Municipality (Tel. xxxx ext).

The municipality officers are authorized by the Public Health Act, B.E. 2535 which they shall have power to issue the written order to the person who is the cause or is evolves in the occurrence or possible occurrence of such nuisance requiring him to abate or prevent the nuisance within the reasonable period of time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did, they came, it stopped.:D

Edited by Gers1873