60 Day Extension Stamp

Wayned

"You need to hookup with a visa run service and get a tourist visa in a neighboring country and it won't cost you 10k. A single entry will give you a total of 90 days, 60 upon entry and can be extended fro 30 days - 1900 baht."

---------------------------------------------------

----Do I understand that you are saying: go a neighboring country, visit the Thai Embassy and obtain a 60 day Tourist Visa. Then return to Thailand and at the end of 60 day go to the local immigration office and obtain an extension ?----

You haven't explained your situation, but that's what I thought that he should do. Go to a Thai consulte or embassy in a neighboring country and get a tourist visa. If you get a single entry, you will get 60 days upon entering Thailand, and it can be extended at an immigratiion office in Thailand for another 30 days for 1900 baht. So basically you get a total of 90 days. You don't have to use a visa run service, you can do it on your own but using a service might make it easier if you are not familar with Thailand or the procedures.

Edited by wayned

Wayned

"You need to hookup with a visa run service and get a tourist visa in a neighboring country and it won't cost you 10k. A single entry will give you a total of 90 days, 60 upon entry and can be extended fro 30 days - 1900 baht."

---------------------------------------------------

----Do I understand that you are saying: go a neighboring country, visit the Thai Embassy and obtain a 60 day Tourist Visa. Then return to Thailand and at the end of 60 day go to the local immigration office and obtain an extension ?----

You haven't explained your situation, but that's what I thought that he should do. Go to a Thai consulte or embassy in a neighboring country and get a tourist visa. If you get a single entry, you will get 60 days upon entering Thailand, and it can be extended at an immigratiion office in Thailand for another 30 days for 1900 baht. So basically you get a total of 90 days.

After that you can extend again for an additional 7(I think) days.

Extension will cost 1,900 baht. Wife kids need to go too, together with ID card and household registration. You apply at the office for the area where the wife is registered.

No need to go to where she is registered, can be done at immigrations where you are "living".

Hi Mario,

Thanks for that, it is something I was unaware of and would seem a few Thai consulates in Australia are either unaware of or chose not to mention it.

As immigration is a two hour drive away what do you think my chances are by turning up by myself with all the paper work that you mentioned? I could mention that my wife could not come because she is looking after our 5 month old (true).

Also, is there a specific name for this type of extension?

Cheers

MM.

From Police order 777/2551

2.24 In the case of an alien visiting a Thai spouse or child:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 60 days at a time.

(1) Proof of relationship.

(2) In the case of a spouse, their marital relationship shall be de jure (legitimate) and de facto.

Edited by PoorSucker

• 3 weeks later...

Extension will cost 1,900 baht. Wife kids need to go too, together with ID card and household registration. You apply at the office for the area where the wife is registered.

No need to go to where she is registered, can be done at immigrations where you are "living".

Somme immigration offices are nicer than others. But the 60 day extension is for visiting wife/children and normally one applies at the immirgation office for the area where they are living.

Well I got it, no problems (well nothing major just took way too long). They asked where my wife was and said she was home with the baby. They wanted a signed copy of her ID card which luckily I had. 60 days extension, 1,900 baht.

• 1 month later...

FYI - After confirming with immigration that the 60 day extension stamp was both a legitimate and fairly common way to go, I decided to do it. It cost me 10k, whereas a visa run would have cost me 8k plus 2 days of my vacation. I had no problems in getting the stamp, and no difficulties leaving the country.

FYI - After confirming with immigration that the 60 day extension stamp was both a legitimate and fairly common way to go, I decided to do it. It cost me 10k, whereas a visa run would have cost me 8k plus 2 days of my vacation. I had no problems in getting the stamp, and no difficulties leaving the country.

The 60 day extension costs 1.900 baht.

What office did you visit, Koh Samui?

Somme immigration offices are nicer than others. But the 60 day extension is for visiting wife/children and normally one applies at the immirgation office for the area where they are living.

Although my wife is currently registered in Pattaya, I was able to get my extensions at Bangkok for some time. This was until some jobsworth decided we now have to go to Pattaya immigration although we live in Bangkok.

It's a right kerfuffle.