Best Place In Thailand To Have A Ceremony ?

kobrien

Hi guys and girls,

I got married a few weeks back,as much as I enjoyed the occasion it was on the low key side,few friends.

The plan was to marry now and then plan a cool ceremony next year in Thailand with all our family and friends attending.

Im not sure where would make an ideal location,I have heard good things about Koh Lante....

Places off the radar include, Pattaya,Phuket,Koh Chang,some of the family coming along are in the their 60's,I dont fancy explaining

why their husbands are being dragged into bars or why the local jetski operator is demanding a million baht because my uncle looked

in the direction of his jetski.

So to sum up,somewhere were they have great beaches and restaurants but have limited rugrats/mafia running about the place,is there such a place in Thailand ?

wide%20angle%20shot%20for%20beach%20oahu%20ceremony.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kobrien,

There is no simpel answer to your question, it all depends on your preferences and budget.

Me and fiancé just finished planning our wedding in Koh Chang - and here are some things to consider:

1. Number of guests - If you plan to invite 100 persons to your ceremony then you will have a hard time finding a place in eg. Phi Phi that can accommodate all your guest.

2. Accessibility - If many of your guest are elderly - you might consider a location with easy access to flights/ Gold standard bus etc.

3. Time of year - depending on the season you have to choose - it might be a good idea to check for monsoon season.

4. Service level - If you expect a high service level, then your choise of venue will be very limited in the smaller icelands.

The most important point in planning your ceremony is on site inspections - we found it almost impossible to get in contact with management via email/phone.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are considering Bangkok as an option, I recommend you to go look at Grand Hyatt Erawan. They are having a wedding fair this Saturday (April 28th). The hotel has a lot of different venues to choose from. One that I personally like a lot is 'the residence' because it has a homey feel to it. Check out their facebook page for more info http://www.facebook.com/GrandHyattErawanBangkok

• 3 weeks later...

kobrien, I am in the same boat (kinda). My partner and I (both Aussies) are looking at doing a quiet ring exchange with just us, our sets of parents and a close friend somewhere in Thailand. No celebrant, no specific loaction, but I need to be able to get the seven of us around without using scooters/motor bikes.

We planned to spend about 4 or 5 days seeing the sights and doing a few day tours maybe, before having a quiet ring swap and exchanging vows with just those closest to us present, followed by a group dinner to celebrate. We are doing the paper work when we get back to Aus, but as we have no religious preference so it's more for us than anything else.

My partner and I both speak a little Thai and our friend is Thai so we don't need a translator, we have been to Ao Nang and Pattaya and while we love both places we also want to go somewhere a little less tourist driven. Money isn't so much an issue, but that said I don't want the parents to be forking out more than 3000tbh per night for a hotel that we are only sleeping in, and I need somewhere with more than just elephant rides and water sports for activities.

Edited by Invisibl3