Best Place To Sell Gold Ring

sidjameson

Unfortunately, if it is not Thai gold, most shops will offer a pittance, probably around 10 - 20% of replacement value.

True. When I bought my gold a mate came with me wearing a 18ct $1000 ring and got it valued for fun, well they didnt want it at all .

The shop at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 10 has always been honest and straight forward with me.

I do suggest you get several estimates from other shops. Make a note of the weight and notice if it varies shop to shop.

I agree with the recommendation of this shop, they will buy non-thai gold, but maybe only for regular customers. The problem is that they can't sell it, no Thais will buy less than 22k gold because it's not shiny enough ! They have to sell it to another company that melts it down to retrieve the gold content to making gold bars. I had an old 18k gold keychain that was broken, they did some kind of test for the purity and gave me a fair price based on the weight and purity and what they could get from the other company.

The shop at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 10 has always been honest and straight forward with me.

I do suggest you get several estimates from other shops. Make a note of the weight and notice if it varies shop to shop.

I agree with the recommendation of this shop, they will buy non-thai gold, but maybe only for regular customers. The problem is that they can't sell it, no Thais will buy less than 22k gold because it's not shiny enough ! They have to sell it to another company that melts it down to retrieve the gold content to making gold bars. I had an old 18k gold keychain that was broken, they did some kind of test for the purity and gave me a fair price based on the weight and purity and what they could get from the other company.

no because there is not enough gold in it

I think you got that a little off. Thai's only buy 22k and 24k because of the higher gold content. Lower karat gold is mixed with silver that makes it shine more. The higher purity of the gold the less it shines.

I think you got that a little off. Thai's only buy 22k and 24k because of the higher gold content. Lower karat gold is mixed with silver that makes it shine more. The higher purity of the gold the less it shines.

Yes, you're right. I should have said brighter, or more "yellowy" (if that's a word).

Of course the real reason is that Thai gold can be easily sold or exchanged.

Over the years I've bought many gold necklaces for my GF, but the only one she hasn't sold or exchanged is (what I think is) a beautiful 18k tri-color (red, white, gold) necklace that comes out on special occasions.

I accumulated a small bag of scrap dental gold after a course of treatment at a clinic in Bangkok and recently decided to sell it.

Suffice it to say that none of the usual gold "shops" were interested - "it's not gold" was the common response.

I went online and found scrap gold refining company in the UK, posted the scrap off to them and they credited my account with 22,000 Baht!

All quite painless - unlike the dental treatment.....................