High Season Brings The Best People To Phuket!

Jimi007

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that there's a hint of jealousy from the posters that constantly slag off Rawai. (you know who you are)

Maybe they've noticed that there's a real community feel about the place, and that there are many up-market places opening up (as well as our very own Supercheap!).

I think they look at the socially desolate places that they have chosen to live and realise that they made a wrong move.

Rawai has no more crime than anywhere else on the island, probably less than a lot of places.

:thumbsup:

It seems to me that there's a hint of jealousy from the posters that constantly slag off Rawai. (you know who you are)

Maybe they've noticed that there's a real community feel about the place, and that there are many up-market places opening up (as well as our very own Supercheap!).

I think they look at the socially desolate places that they have chosen to live and realise that they made a wrong move.

Rawai has no more crime than anywhere else on the island, probably less than a lot of places.

Good post, i agree and we both live in Rawai so should know

No crime where we live and we are only 500 metres from the beach front

No, what it means is that you both live in Rawai and are therefore biased.

What has distance from the beach front got to do with crime?

From the reporting on TV and PG (see links I supplied), I would have to somewhat agree with KBB.

Phuket Town first, then Kathu, Patong and Rawai roughly the same.

From the reporting on TV and PG (see links I supplied), I would have to somewhat agree with KBB.

Sorry, I don't see the links you supplied.

Post #36.

Post #36.

I don't see any statistics in those links, just two PG articles and two other topics... And they are all dated 2008.

It seems what ever i say you are going to disagree with,

I think we should get together and settle our differences instead of hiding behind a computer

That's because you are usually wrong laugh.gif

I think we should get together and settle our differences instead of hiding behind a computer

No thank you Peter, I'll decline your kind offer. I like to keep reality and cyber-world separate.

i doubt that the stench of dog crap from all the stray dog can be countered by the sea smell. The Howling at night sure cant be countered by the sound of waves. definitely not perfect

Showing how little you know about Rawai again

What stench of dog crap, there are no packs of street dogs where we live

All the dogs have owners who look after them

That's because you are usually wrong laugh.gif

No thank you Peter, I'll decline your kind offer. I like to keep reality and cyber-world separate.

The answer i expected from you, why am i usually wrong because i do not agree with you

There are lots of people who do not agree with you on this forum and people who don't agree with me

Why not start a few topics yourself not about traffic lights or chalong pier something interesting

Anyone know where to find the correct crime statistics for this island? There are a few volunteer police on this forum, perhaps they could shed some light ono the amount of break ins per area, rapes, murders, muggings etc

Edited by snamos

Anyone know where to find the correct crime statistics for this island? There are a few volunteer police on this forum, perhaps they could shed some light ono the amount of break ins per area, rapes, murders, muggings etc

I doubt those statistics are easily available.

As far as I can see (having lived in Rawai for over 5 years), it went through a 'bad' period when burglaries were depressingly frequent. Things seem to have quietened down though as I haven't heard about many burglaries recently.

If my experience is typical, presumably the police are to be thanked.

Yeah but this works the other way round too

You live in Rawai and slag off other areas saying they are socially desolate. My opinion of Rawai is that it does attract more crime than other areas of the island (per capita).....maybe I am wrong but I wouldn't want to live there anyhow.

Why would VTP know best place is PG archives which you can check yourself

Wise man once told me there are only 2 truths printed on a newspaper, the price and the date. The rest is what the owner wants you to read. As there are very few Thai police that frequent this forum, I thought that the Volunteer faction of the Royal Thai police that regularly post here might have some statistics, surely this is a big part of policing?

Its a mess of stats

Police district reports

Police district arrests

Prosecutor

cases accepted by criminal court

cases sentenced in criminal court

none online, all in Thai language

then there are some media extracting info and reporting

In Chalong Police district, Tambor Rawai is overrepresented on young criminals (max 21yo), ad to that rather few residents, and stats look bad

Land & House Park overrepresented on reported house burglaries, but as its a very high concentration of "highend" empty homes, perhaps not above normal

as Highway Police Volunteers we do not recieve any stats. Above is from employees at Chalong Police station, covering Tambor: Karon, Chalong and Rawai

why am i usually wrong because i do not agree with you

Your Snake thread is a good example...............

Read my latest post on snakes as usual you do not know what you are talking about, i know how to handle snakes safely

Had plenty of them where i lived in Australia

Its a mess of stats

Police district reports

Police district arrests

Prosecutor

cases accepted by criminal court

cases sentenced in criminal court

none online, all in Thai language

then there are some media extracting info and reporting

In Chalong Police district, Tambor Rawai is overrepresented on young criminals (max 21yo), ad to that rather few residents, and stats look bad

Land & House Park overrepresented on reported house burglaries, but as its a very high concentration of "highend" empty homes, perhaps not above normal

You mean land and house with the 24 hour security guards at the gates

You mean land and house with the 24 hour security guards at the gates

yes

I used to live there, I still own preprty there, and the general security is a joke, just like most guarded estates.

Nothing is better than 3-5 friendly neighbors watching out for each other, and a few rottweilers playing around :)

Nothing is better than 3-5 friendly neighbors watching out for each other, and a few rottweilers playing around :)

I agree - about the dogs, not the neighbours who, like you, will be fast asleep!

Edited by F1fanatic

Wise man once told me there are only 2 truths printed on a newspaper, the price and the date. The rest is what the owner wants you to read. As there are very few Thai police that frequent this forum, I thought that the Volunteer faction of the Royal Thai police that regularly post here might have some statistics, surely this is a big part of policing?

Statistics is not a big part of policing, trying to reduce them is

It might surprise you how many english speaking Thais follow this forum

So the volunteer police has no access to statistics?

Dont know, I have never asked for it

I know there used to be approx 350 road casualties in Phuket a year. Despite double amount of vehicles and thus traffic, its been reduced to less than 250 a year. Its approx 15-20.000 in Thailand. On each accident scene, rapid and proper first aid can save thousands of lives a year, and dam_n it feels good when you bring someone back to life. One of the reasons they signed us up. As A HWPVolunteer I really dont need need to know much more :)

I am sure the Immigration Police Volunteers are more concerned about other stats B)