Are Patient Records Respected At Piyavate Hospital?

junkofdavid2

I had a check up at Piyavate hospital in the past, and naturally, it asked for my phone number.

I normally do not give my phone number except to "trusted" places, such as a world-class hospital, which is presumed to treat patient records and information with utmost care.

Yet I received an SMS SPAM from Piyavate yesterday, with a 50% off for some chick up I think (it was in Thai). :annoyed:

I am not doing this to attack Piyavate's reputation, but maybe if someone from Piyavate (or another hospital) sees this post, they can clarify where this falls under patient information care.

Thank you. :blink:

Edited by junkofdavid2

If the SMS came from Piyavate I cannot see where a breach of privacy has come from as you have stated that you gave them your number - if it had come from a third party then there might be a question over how they obtained it.

I agree with the last poster, not really a breach of privacy since the SMS came from same party. HOWEVER, I would be upset that they would take the prerogative to start spamming you without your express permission. Certainly a breach in customer relations.